• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cloned

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hope you're still continuing with this! Love the look and feel of it.

gigaswardblade

narcisistic narcoleptic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
archeologists! they like bones and ancient civilizations! archeologists!

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hope you're still continuing with this! Love the look and feel of it.
As of right now, this project is on hold. I'm working on a smaller game to get back into the groove since I was gone for a couple of months. I'll be jumping back into this game after that. I'm still undecided if I want to change the story, or continue in the same direction.

As it stands right now, the main character is kind of just "the guy stuck in the temple", and my new story idea is going to give more depth to his character. On the other hand, I can probably just edit everything I have now to flesh out his character more and continue with the original story. It's a tough choice to make.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm actually kind of tempted to replay the demo. I've somehow gotten nostalgic even though it's not even a finished game. XD

EpicFILE

Epic Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm kinda late to the party. xD
This is really nice! Hopefully you're still continuing the project.

Good luck fellow frog dude! :D

cactusanctuary

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This looks fun and exciting! Hope you feel up for getting back into it, good luck!

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Happy to announce that I have returned to this project after a year long hiatus. I'm currently working on putting the finishing touches on my demo, and adding the the other 50% of the game. My other game Parable is also in the works, and will likely be completed before this one.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on The Archaeologist, and to get the demo in the hands of all of you gorgeous people!
Let's make it happen!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I am very pleased that you've come back to this. I've always liked the screenshots.

johndfg

Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks great! I’ve always wanted to make an Indiana Jones-inspired RM game, and it’s cool to see something similar! Can’t wait for the demo!

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks great! I’ve always wanted to make an Indiana Jones-inspired RM game, and it’s cool to see something similar! Can’t wait for the demo!
Thanks for your kind words! I actually just finished my first "full sweep" checking for bugs, fixes, and improvements! The demo is certainly coming soon, thanks for your support! :guffaw:

johndfg

Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking forward to seeing this game finished! I love Time Fantasy and your use of it is particularly inspiring!

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update 9/30/2018
-2 New Screenshots added
-Demo Posted

Happy to announce that Version 0.3 has just gone live, and I can't wait to hear your thoughts and comments on my game. Please report any bugs, errors, or issues you may have, and I will do my best to remedy them. Thank you all for the support, and I hope you enjoy what I have so far! :D

Shake0615

Reanimator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking forward to trying the demo out! Glad to see a promising project that uses Time Fantasy too.

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking forward to trying the demo out! Glad to see a promising project that uses Time Fantasy too.
Thanks for your kind words! I hope you enjoy the demo, and I'm eager to hear your feedback :)

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update 10/3/2018
Version 0.31
-New minor mapping and character details.
-Updated the Iconset.
-Added a new tent scene to the start of the game.
-Fixed small bug during world building scene.
-Fixed some spelling errors.
-Added descriptions to the items during battle.
-Added Options to the Main Menu (can't believe it wasn't there before o_O)

Can't wait for your feedback!​

Last edited:

Shake0615

Reanimator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’ve really enjoyed it so far! I love the attention to detail like how the dog runs around doing his own thing in cutscenes. The mapping is incredible and the whole game is very polished. I hope a lot of people will give this a shot because it’s certainly one of the best RM games I’ve played.

johndfg

Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I had a really fun time playing the demo! The puzzles were fun and the crafting worked pretty well!
The only minor thing that bugged me a little is how the pixellation of the tileset, enemies, and font don't really match up. Besides that, it's great so far!

johndfg

Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just completely finished the demo, so I wanted to give a better review of what I thought!

The environment was very cool, and the art style+the way you had to really think about some of the puzzles fit the temple-explorer theme well. I really liked the puzzles! They were really unique and varied throughout. I liked the difficulty as well. There wasn't much that told you what to do for each one, but I was always able to figure out what to do, even if I had to think for a few minutes. The story was actually pretty interesting, and the section with Silas (I think that's his name) was fun. I wasn't really sure about the crafting thing at first, but it actually works well. I loved the sections in battles where you would have to think about the environment (spikes, colored floor).

Dislikes:
This might be a me problem, but the battle system really confused me. I wasn't ever sure if I was doing things right, since the basic attack consistently did 1-0 damage the entire game, and the sword I found didn't increase my damage, and I didn't see a way to equip it. Also, I was always unprepared for the battles. After a few failed attempts, I would beat the enemy with no crystals or AP, and about 1 HP. I kinda liked the difficulty spike, but I don't usually play rpgs with battle elements, so the battles in general were confusing for me.

Some minor things:
- On the tablet behind the switch in the color changing room, there's a typo. "Your" should be "you're"
- In the color switch rooms with the red and blue crystal you need to move around, the red crystal seemed yellow to me, which threw me off at first.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Have you ever had the problem of not knowing how to name your game?
I tried to draw it to keep the aspect ratio of 48*48
It doesn't look good, but I'm not sure if there are other ways to render larger characters. and then maintain the sharpness or not
SF_Enemy1_6 added!
index.php

Just thought I'd share how my battlers are looking for my 4 main characters. From left to right... Ashlyn the brave fighter, Lizzabelle the peaceful mage, Suki the thief, Saedra the not-so-peaceful mage.

pLZHVLI.png
Power to the Game Make!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azizbelfaidi