GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@johndfg thank you so much for playing for the demo, I'm really glad that you enjoyed yourself for the most part playing my game!
I'm glad you found the puzzles challenging and unique, that really means a lot to me as I worked hard trying to find a nice balance for them.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a rough time with the battle system. Out of curiosity, did you complete the Chamber of strength after Spectrum Hollow? Stance for Joseph and the monster he fights are calculated before the battle begins, and Joseph power is taken straight from the database, which that sword should of increased by 2. it's very likely you just ran into an enemy with a high defense which is why you didn't see any change in damage. Also, did you ever deal 0 damage with a basic attack? How many items were you using during combat?

Thank you once again for playing through my game and finding those minor bugs that I can fix. It really means a lot to me!

johndfg

Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I completed strength before spectrum. I dealt 0 damage when fighting the stone/Gollum creature at the end of the game, and for that fight I was basically only using items and the ability I got after completing spectrum

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I completed strength before spectrum. I dealt 0 damage when fighting the stone/Gollum creature at the end of the game, and for that fight I was basically only using items and the ability I got after completing spectrum
Alrighty, I'll be checking those stats and making sure that the sword does have a damage increase.
I'll probably end up just throwing a conditional branch in each battle to see if that sort is obtained and adjust the stats that way.
I definitely want to make the game harder as it progresses for the battles, thus rewarding the players who took the time to find those ancient artifacts. But I also don't want to make it too difficult that they give up playing. Got to find that nice balance. I hope you stick around with me for the journey, as I'm currently working on the third location in the game. Plenty of Indiana Jones puzzles and traps coming up :D.

johndfg

Game Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can't wait!

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
2 years later, I got passes this demo, but 1 type anicent = ancient I think,
but also, when I got 1 or 2 HP left after the last hit of hollow (from 4 -> 2)
I died without getting a turn to avoid the spikes or I could win.

not exacly the purpose of it, but nicely done.

the floor all red opend, but when you change it again the switch stays ON,
which should go OFF that the entrance or New Path is closed.

here is the typo though.
game1.png

not sure if you still develope this game or not, but I let you know just in case :)

OverTheTop123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As an up and coming archaeologist, thanks for this! It's a fun play.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How would you judge a game you played? Art/Graphics? Story? Gameplay?
Learn MV sales goal = 2%
NSFW game sales goal = 2500% (no jokes) :guffaw:
After gathering, sorting out & reconsidering hundreds of enemy battlers over the last two das, finally my favorite part begins: Inventing names and lore for them all :D
I'm running a sale for Learn RPG Maker MV on Itch.io, can I compete with NSFW games earning goals?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonTonyPepperoni