The backgrounds are supposed to preload, but...

FoxySeta

Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, I'm passing a background image name as parameter for a common event in order to use it from there. I have made use of the "commenting" trick to make it preload anyway, but it still doesn't work, so I suspect there's something wrong with the command interpreter script (like, some "stringValueOf()" missing or something). Is that the case?

Also, if someone could post the bg version of that sperimental workaround to preload pictures on the go I'd be so grateful. I mean, I'm not really sure trying to figure it out by myself would be a good idea:kaoswt:

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
......so I suspect there's something wrong with the command interpreter script (like, some "stringValueOf()" missing or something). Is that the case?
Yes, that is exactly the case. I will try to fix that with an update. If you need a workaround for that, just open the Component_CommandInterpreter script and go to the commandChangeBackground method. If you take a look there, you will find this line:

Code:
scene.behavior.changeBackground(@params.graphic, no, animation, easing, duration, 0, 0, layer, loopH, loopV)
Change it to this:

Code:
scene.behavior.changeBackground({ name: @interpreter.stringValueOf(@params.graphic?.name) }, no, animation, easing, duration, 0, 0, layer, loopH, loopV)
Then try again. Let me know if that helps you out.

FoxySeta

Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TY I'll check it out asap. Also, you suggested editing the original script since the update this is going to be fixed in will be the next beta patch, right (just making sure so it doesn't get overwritten)?

Also, if someone could post the bg version of that sperimental workaround to preload pictures on the go I'd be so grateful. I mean, I'm not really sure trying to figure it out by myself would be a good idea:kaoswt:

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Also, you suggested editing the original script since the update this is going to be fixed in will be the next beta patch, right (just making sure so it doesn't get overwritten)?
Yeah, if that solution is working fine I will add it to the next update I think :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Love it when someone confuses "RPG Maker (or script/plugin) has a bug" with "I didn't set it up right and it's not working as I want (or gives an error)"
Is animation really as hard as I think it is?
Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.
Blech. I hate coming up with stories. Making gameplay is fun but coming up with lore and reasons for these areas/mechanics just makes me sleepy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nanaya07