The backgrounds are supposed to preload, but...

Discussion in 'VNMaker Support' started by FoxySeta, Sep 6, 2018.

1. FoxySeta

FoxySeta Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So, I'm passing a background image name as parameter for a common event in order to use it from there. I have made use of the "commenting" trick to make it preload anyway, but it still doesn't work, so I suspect there's something wrong with the command interpreter script (like, some "stringValueOf()" missing or something). Is that the case?

Also, if someone could post the bg version of that sperimental workaround to preload pictures on the go I'd be so grateful. I mean, I'm not really sure trying to figure it out by myself would be a good idea:kaoswt:

2. Kentou

Kentou Admin Staff Member Veteran

Yes, that is exactly the case. I will try to fix that with an update. If you need a workaround for that, just open the Component_CommandInterpreter script and go to the commandChangeBackground method. If you take a look there, you will find this line:

Code:
    scene.behavior.changeBackground(@params.graphic, no, animation, easing, duration, 0, 0, layer, loopH, loopV)

Change it to this:

Code:
    scene.behavior.changeBackground({ name: @interpreter.stringValueOf(@params.graphic?.name) }, no, animation, easing, duration, 0, 0, layer, loopH, loopV)

Then try again. Let me know if that helps you out.

FoxySeta likes this.
  3. FoxySeta

FoxySeta Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    TY I'll check it out asap. Also, you suggested editing the original script since the update this is going to be fixed in will be the next beta patch, right (just making sure so it doesn't get overwritten)?

4. Kentou

Kentou Admin Staff Member Veteran

Yeah, if that solution is working fine I will add it to the next update I think :D