The Bestiary (Entry #52: Battery Charger)

omen613

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

It can be tough to come up with enemies for your RPG maker game. Lets all share our enemy creations to help inspire the community to create unique enemy types that do more than do basic attack to the player party.

*Lets assume all created enemies are for turn based battle systems like the default battle system*

Follow the format from my examples when posting your enemy creations by giving a description and how to create it in RPG Maker MV

**UNDER CONSTRUCTION****

(Click on an entry's name to get linked to the page it is posted on)

Page 1 Entries

Page 2 Entries

Page 3 Entries

Page 4 Entries

Page 5 Entries

I'll try and post more entries soon!

Last edited:

Maidlyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe this would go in tutorials instead of game mechanics design, not sure.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think so myself... At least it is not how I understood his idea.

This is open for anyone to say what they thought, any ideas for better do those enemies and even put their own ideas for different enemies.

It is just enemy design.

omen613

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't think so myself... At least it is not how I understood his idea.

This is open for anyone to say what they thought, any ideas for better do those enemies and even put their own ideas for different enemies.

It is just enemy design.

yes this was the idea to discuss enemy designs

The first batch

Description: Zelda fans will remember this iconic zelda enemy. He hides underground making him immune to all damage but in return he also deals no damage to the player. When he surfaces to attack the player he then becomes vulnerable to attacks.

Create two enemies to represent two forms.

Enemy A (Give graphic of being shield or underground or whatever fits your design)

Immune to all forms of damage (Magical and Physical Damage rates 0% in traits)

Only Skill: transform into Enemy B (Have skill target user, and in the damage formula put "a.transform(x)" where x is enemy B's Id)

make sure the transform skill speed is slow like -100 so that its the lasts the whole turn in its immune state.

Enemy B (give graphic of no shield or being above ground or whatever fits your design)

this form can be damaged normally

Only Skill: attack and hide (have it target an enemy, and in the damage formula put " a.transform(x); a.atk*4 - b.def*2" where x is enemy A's Id

again make sure the attack skill speed is slow like -100 so that it lasts the whole turn in this vulnerable state.

Description: Enemy that self destructs when it is under 33% HP dealing high damage to the player party. Save it for last right? well too bad it damages itself when it attacks. Finish it off quickly before it goes Boom!

Create a skill that does heavy damage to all enemies lets call it "Boom"

In the damage formula we want "a.gainState(1); x" where X is the damage you want it to deal.

Create another skill and call it "Body Slam"

this skill damages a single enemy equal to 1/4th the user's current HP and to itself.

in the damage formula put "d = a.hp/4; a.gainHp(-d); d"

Now create the Bloater enemy and give it a large enough HP pool where it should take more than 2 average hits to kill.

Give it the Boom skill with condition of HP% of 0% ~ 33% at 9 Rating

Give it the Body Slam skill with always condition with a 1 Rating

Description: Swaps between physical counter stance and magic counter stance. While in Physical Counter Stance, he will evade all physical attacks and then counterattack the player. But if he is hit by a magical attack, he will take damage and then change to Magic Counter Stance which evades all magic attacks and then counters but can be hit by physical attacks changing back to physical counter stance.

Plugin needed: Yanfly's BuffStateCore

First make 2 states Physical Counter and Magic Reflect

Make Physical Counter have:

100% removal on damage

Raise EX - Parameter: Counter Attack +100%

and type in the note box:

<Custom Remove Effect>

this.addState(x)

</Custom Remove Effect>

where x is the magic counter state.

Make Magical Counter have:

100% removal on damage

Raise EX - Parameter: Magic Reflection +100%

and type in the note box:

<Custom Remove Effect>

this.addState(x)

</Custom Remove Effect>

where x is the Physical counter state.

Then create Captain Counter in the database and give him an attack skill of your choice that he uses every turn. (we will be giving him the counter states in the Troop event)

Now in the Troop Editor with Captain Counter in it make an event page with condition of Turn 0 x 0 + X

in the event page give Captain Counter one of the states we made to start and your done.

Description: Enemy strikes random player party at the start of the turn. Inflicting damage and a random debuff like Blind, Silence, or even worst Stun! They are weak and die from most attacks but usually get one turn of mischief before they die.

Make 3 skills: Blind attack, Silence Attack, and Stun Attack each inflicting their named state on hit for 100%

make sure each skill speed is set to a high value like 100 so that it goes first in the turn.

on the Quickling enemy give it all 3 skills with equal 5 rating and be sure to give it really low like 1 HP. (You can also just give it the Stun Attack if you want it to be very mischievous)

Description: At the start of the battle the jailer chooses a random player actor who becomes inflicted with a state that stuns them until the jailer is defeated.

Make a state, Jailed, that has a restriction of Cannot Move and be sure to have it remove after combat.

Make another state called Jailer Start and don't give it an icon and leave the rest blank (this is just a placeholder)

Make a skill, Wrap, that has a 100% to inflicted the Jailed state we just made on a random enemy and a damage formula of "a.removeState(x);" where x is the "Jailer Start" state ID

give it really high speed like 100 so it goes off at the start of the turn.

Make the jailer enemy and give it the Wrap Skill with the condition needing the "Jailer Start" state we created with a 9 rating.

Give it any other skill to do attacks with and set it to 1 rating with always condition.

Put the Jailer in a Troop and create an event page with turn condition 0 x 0 + X so that it goes off at the beginning of the battle.

in the event page inflict the jailer with the "Jailer Start" so it can use its wrap skill on the first turn.

Create another Event page with the condition of the Jailer's HP being below 0% and on the event page have it remove the "Jailed" state from all the player party members freeing the jailed player.

The Charmer

Description: Confuses a target at the start of battle causing them to attack his allies until the Charmer is defeated.

The Succubus - Submitted by Pine Towers

Description: The Succubus stuns a target and attacks the target repeatedly every turn until either the target or the Succubus is defeated.

Description: Sleeping Monster that wakes up in 1~3 turns (random) and when he does he eats all other enemies and dramatically increases its power. You don't want it to eat the other enemies so kill them before he wakes up or he will eat you next! Oh and watch those target all skills, he wakes up instantly if you deal him damage.

This was heavily inspired by one of Yanfly's tips and trick videos Sacrificial Bolt

Plugins needed: Yanfly's SkillCore + Yanfly's Instant Cast

First we make a skill called Devour that targets 1 ally. don't have to give it damage and cost nothing to use

in the note box give it the <instant> tag

also in the notebox paste the following

<Custom Requirement>

// Get the group that the user belongs to.

var group = user.friendsUnit();

// Get the alive members of the group.

var allies = group.aliveMembers();

// Check to see if there are more than 1 allied members (user + ally).

value = allies.length > 1;

</Custom Requirement>

<Custom Cost Display>

\i[1]Ally

</Custom Cost Display>

<Custom Execution>

// Get the group that the user belongs to.

var group = user.friendsUnit();

// Get the alive members of the group.

var allies = group.aliveMembers();

// Remove the user from the group.

allies.splice(allies.indexOf(user), 1);

// Pick a random ally.

var ally = allies[Math.floor(Math.random() * allies.length)];

// Play animation 65 on the ally.

ally.startAnimation(65);

// Time to kill off the ally.

ally.gainHp(-1 * ally.hp);

// Perform the collapse effect on the ally.

ally.performCollapse();

$gameVariables.setValue(x, $gameVariables.value(x) + 1);

</Custom Execution>

**** on the last line ($gameVariables.setValue(x, $gameVariables.value(x) + 1)
be sure to change both variable x to whatever variable you want to use*****

Now lets make another skill called monster punch and have it hit one enemy and in the damage formula "100 * (v[x]+1) - b.def * 2" and be sure to change X to the variable your using.

Create the Sleepy Eater enemy and give it the devour skill with a rating of 9 (it will keep using it instantly until all allies are dead)

give it the monster punch with a rating of 1

now make a new sleep state that has 100% removal on damage and auto removes in 1~3 turns. (Using a plugin that shows how many turns are left on a state would be nice for your players to know when the monster will wake up, up to you.)

put the sleepy eater in a troop and make an event page with turn condition 0 x 0 + X so that it goes off at the start of the battle

in the event page have it inflict the sleepy eater with the sleep state.

Description: Blows self up dealing medium damage to all player party. Low HP and easily one shotted by most skills. has medium speed so might want to use a high speed skill to make sure you kill it before it blows up.

First lets make a new skill called Kamikaze and make it target all enemies and deal medium damage. in the damage formula lets put "a.gainState(1); 200" to kill the user on use. 200 can be whatever damage you want the skill to inflict.

now make your Kamikaze enemy and give it low HP ,1 works, give it the Kamikaze skill be sure to give it medium range speed so the player can prioritize using fast skills to kill it before it gets to blow up.

Description: Enemy that is protected by a Spirit who nulls all physical damage dealt to the enemy. Only magic will damage this enemy and after enough magical damage the spirit will be destroyed and the enemy can now be dealt physical damage for his guard is no more.

Required Plugins: Yanfly's Absorption Barrier + Yanfly's BuffStateCore

Lets make two enemies the master with spirit and the master alone

First one will have a graphic of the spirit hovering over the master to show he is protected

in this enemy note box we want to put

<Barrier Points: +x>

where x is how much health you want the spirit to have before it dies

give him whatever skills you wish

the 2nd enemy you create, the master alone, should have a graphic that shows the spirit is gone.

give him whatever skills you wish (creative points if its different than the first form due to the spirit missing)

Can even give him a skill to reapply the Spirit Guard state that will transform him back with Spirit just be sure it also gives Barrier Points.

now lets make the Spirit Guard State and make it give Physical Damage * 0% trait

in the notebook lets put

<Custom Apply Effect>

// Check if the user is an enemy.

if (user.isEnemy()) {

// Set the target enemy ID of master with spirit

var transformEnemyId = X;

// Transform the user.

user.transform(transformEnemyId);

}

</Custom Apply Effect>

Where X = the enemy ID of master with spirit

also add this to the note box

<Custom Respond Effect>

// Check if the player is in battle, the target is alive, and the barrier points are gone.

if ($gameParty.inBattle() && target.isAlive() && target.barrierPoints() <= 0) {

// Remove this state

target.removeState(x);

}

</Custom Respond Effect>

where x = the spirit guard state

and also in the note box put

<Custom Remove Effect>

if (user.isEnemy()) {

// Retrieve the enemy ID of the enemy we want to turn into.

var transformEnemyId = X;

// Transform the enemy.

}

</Custom Remove Effect>

where x = the enemy ID of the master alone

put the Master with Sprit enemy in a Troop and make a event page with turn trigger 0 x 0 + X so it goes off on first turn

in the event inflict Master withs spirit enemy with the Spirit Guard state.

Description: If you hit this enemy it hits you back for an equal amount of damage you dealt it. Chip away its health slowly and at a manageable rate otherwise your gonna knock yourself out. No Hulk Smash.

Plugins needed: Yanfly's BuffsStatesCore

This was inspired by tweaking yanfly's tips and tricks Bide

First we need to make a new state lets call it "Mirror"

In traits make it resist knockout (state 1) 100% so the user is immortal.

Down in the note box put:

<Custom Regenerate Effect>

// Check if the target is dead.

if (target.hpRate() <= 0) {

// set x to whatever ID this state is set to

target.removeState(x);

}

</Custom Regenerate Effect>

<Custom Respond Effect>

// Reset Bide

target._bide = 0;

// Check if the target took any HP damage.

if (target.result().hpDamage > 0) {

// If the target did, raise the Bide damage by the HP damage taken.

target._bide += target.result().hpDamage;

// Play animation 97 on the user.

target.startAnimation(97);

// Calculate the damage. The damage dealt is equal to 2x Bide damage.

var damage = Math.ceil(target._bide);

// Play animation 107 on the enemy.

user.startAnimation(107);

// Make the enemy take damage.

user.gainHp(-damage);

// Prompt the enemy's damage popup.

user.startDamagePopup();

// Clear the results of the enemy taking damage.

user.clearResult();

// Check if the target is dead.

if (target.hpRate() <= 0) {

// set x to whatever ID this state is set to

target.removeState(x);

}

if (user.isDead()) {

// If the enemy is dead, make it collapse.

user.performCollapse();

}

}

</Custom Respond Effect>

find both lines that have "target.removeState(x);" and be sure to set x to whatever "Mirror" state ID is or else the immortal will never be removed.

Now create a new enemy called Mirror Monster and give it no skills and give it some decent HP

Put Mirror Monster in a troop and create an event page with turn condition 0 x 0 + X so that it goes off at the start of battle

in the event page inflict the Mirror Monster with the Mirror state.

Description: Warchiefs buff all their allies each turn. He is accompanied by many small threat enemies that now become medium to high threats because of the Warchief's buff. He inspires his troops by leading the charge each turn and attacking first.

Air Elemental

Air Elemental can only be damaged by magical attacks

Its instant Ability gives itself and all other enemies the state Feather Foot which gives 50% evasion until end of turn.

Its damaging skill is Wind Blade which does Magical Wind Damage to a single target. Wind Blade never misses

Ice Elemental

Ice Elemental can only be damaged by physical attacks

Its instant ability gives itself and all other enemies the state Ice Mirror which Reflects all Magic attacks until end of turn.

Its damaging skill is Ice Spear which does Physical Ice Damage to a target (double damage if the target stunned or sleeping)

Required Plugins: Yanfly's Instant Cast + Yanfly's Skill Cooldown

Create a new skill, call it "Warcry", that targets all allies and have the skill give a 50% buff (ATK, DEF, AGI, MAT, MDF) by default RPG maker MV makes stat buffs give a +25% increase so apply this buff twice to hit the cap of 50%.

Example:

Make the buff last 1 turn

You can also add states but also make sure they only last 1 turn as well to keep the Warchief relevant in battle.

if your using yanfly's absorption barrier plugin, giving all allies 1 turn barrier points is another good buff.

now in the skill's note box put:

<instant>

<Cooldown: 1>

Create a new enemy and give it whatever stats you wish but make sure it has a high AGI so that it should act first each turn.

Give it the "Warcry" skill with always condition and a 9 rating.

Give it an attack skill of your choice with an always condition and a 1 rating.

Put him in a Troop with 3+ other enemies.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, Mechanics Design is the right place, and I think it could be a very useful contribution.

@omen613 What does concern me, however, is the images in the OP.  Are these your creation?  If not, do the artist's terms of service allow them to be posted?  Please check, and if they are not allowed, please remove them.  Also, credit must always be given when other people's art work is used.  Please edit in the credit details as outline in the artist's TOS.

EDIT

If those are rips from a game, remove them.  We do not allow the posting of rips for any purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The ones I recognize are from professional games, but are clearly promotional images. Save for the Deku Scrub.

omen613

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oops sorry I'll add credits to the example graphics. I'm a big fan of visual aids.

also made  a few quick edits to the How to make sections.

*edit

Ill just remove the graphics

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
This is awesome; thanks OP.   I really like that you included the "how to" for creating these designs; I learned several things about how the engine works.

My contributions:

The Cowardly Group Member:  pretty simple, but I have goblins run away and call another goblin when they're below 25% hp.  All I do is fully recover the goblin's HP, and use an animation that makes it look like the old goblin ran away and a new goblin took its place.  

The Juggernaut:  I like to have big and strong, but slow and dumb enemies telegraph when they're about to use a super strong attack.  They use like a charging up attack, which means next turn they're going to really pummel their target.  But you don't know who will be targetted, so you have to decide if you want to have everyone use a defensive skill just in case, or only the squishies (who might be 1-hit KO'd by it), or maybe only the people with the highest TGR rate and are most likely to be targetted.   

The Flying Dragon:   I like to give dragons a skill called "dragon flight" which gives them 100% evasion to melee attacks for a few turns, but while in this state they can only use their fire breath attack (Whereas normally they can use physical attacks as well as fire breath).   It's easy for me to implement this because I tend to not use bows or guns in my games, so I just give them 100% physical evasion and I use some passive states for their skill conditions to manipulate that aspect of things.  

omen613

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is awesome; thanks OP. I really like that you included the "how to" for creating these designs; I learned several things about how the engine works.

Glad to be of some help!

My contributions:

The Cowardly Group Member: pretty simple, but I have goblins run away and call another goblin when they're below 25% hp. All I do is fully recover the goblin's HP, and use an animation that makes it look like the old goblin ran away and a new goblin took its place.

The Juggernaut: I like to have big and strong, but slow and dumb enemies telegraph when they're about to use a super strong attack. They use like a charging up attack, which means next turn they're going to really pummel their target. But you don't know who will be targetted, so you have to decide if you want to have everyone use a defensive skill just in case, or only the squishies (who might be 1-hit KO'd by it), or maybe only the people with the highest TGR rate and are most likely to be targetted.

The Flying Dragon: I like to give dragons a skill called "dragon flight" which gives them 100% evasion to melee attacks for a few turns, but while in this state they can only use their fire breath attack (Whereas normally they can use physical attacks as well as fire breath). It's easy for me to implement this because I tend to not use bows or guns in my games, so I just give them 100% physical evasion and I use some passive states for their skill conditions to manipulate that aspect of things.
Awesome our first contribution to the Bestiary! I've added all 3 to the OP

I really like the Coward. Simple but flavorful.

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Flying Dragon could be made easier by making a skill that claims it sends it up/down but it is actually a transformation, like the deku scrub one.

omen613

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Added a couple more Enemies to the Bestiary (Gargoyle and Thief) and cleaned up the OP a little

Description: Whenever this enemy is dealt damage, it turns to stone form until end of turn. While in stone form, it can't be dealt any damage or perform any action. Focus heavy hitting attacks on the Gargoyle or use a quick attack at the start of the turn on them to pseudo stun them if you want to deal with them later in battle.

Plugins required: yanfly's BuffStateCore

lets make a new Enemy called Gargoyle and give it any attacks and stats you want.

lets make another enemy called Stone Gargoyle and give it a graphic of a stone statue or something.

give Stone Gargoyle no skills

in the traits section give it SP - Parameter of Magic Damage Rate of 0% and SP - Parameter of Physical Damage Rage of 0%

Make a new State called "Stone Form"giving it the restriction of "cannot move" and have it auto remove at end of turn. ( 1~1)

in Stone Form's state note box put:

<Custom Apply Effect>
if (user.isEnemy()) {
// Archive the previous enemy ID.
user._prevEnemyId = user._enemyId;
// Set the target enemy ID you want the enemy to change into.
var transformEnemyId = x;
// Transform the user.
}
</Custom Apply Effect>

where it says "var transformEnemyId = x;" put the Enemy ID of Stone Gargoyle

also in Stone Form's state note box put:

<Custom Remove Effect>
if (user.isEnemy()) {
// Retrieve the archived enemy ID.
var transformEnemyId = user._prevEnemyId;
// Transform the enemy back.
// Clear the archived data.
user._prevEnemyId = undefined;
}
</Custom Remove Effect>

lets make ANOTHER state called "Gargoyle" that has no auto removal and no restrictions

in the state Gargoyle's the note box put:

<Custom React Effect>
// Check if this is an HP damage effect.
if (this.isHpEffect() && value > 0) {
target.addState(x);
}
</Custom React Effect>

where it says "target.addState(x);" make x be the state ID of "Stone Form"

Ok now lets put Gargoyle in a troop and create an event page with turn condition 0 x 0 + x so that it starts at the beginning of combat

on the event page inflict the Gargoyle enemy with the state "Gargoyle"

Description: Enemy who steals player party's gold and next turn runs away from battle. If you kill them before they run away you get all your gold back.

Plugins Required: Yanfly's BuffStateCore + Yanfly's Skill Cooldowns + Yanfly AutoPassiveStates

First we are gonna make a Common Event in the Database and call it "Steal Gold"

in that common event we are gonna set a new variable lets call it "Party Gold" equal to Game Data: Gold as show below

Next created a condition branch and have it check to see if Party Gold is greater than 500 (this is the amount of gold to be stolen, change it to whatever you want) and be sure to check the box for "Create Else Branch" as seen below

In the If Party Gold > 500 branch put a text window telling the player that 500 Gold was stolen

then remove 500 gold from the party

Now we are going to set a new variable and call it "Gold Back" and set it equal to 500

now in the Else branch (meaning the party doesn't have 500 gold) we are gonna put a text window telling the player all their gold was stolen "\v[x] Gold Was Stolen" (change x to the variable ID of "Party Gold")

Remove 500 gold from the party (doesn't matter if they don't have 500 gold it just goes to 0)

Now we going to set the variable "Gold Back" equal to the variable "Party Gold" as show below

Ok after your all done your Common event for "Steal Gold" should look like the image below

Ok now make another new Common event and call it "Get Gold Back"

In the event page add a text window saying "Got \v[x] Gold back!" (Change X to the variable ID of "Gold Back" we created earlier)

Then give the party gold equal to variable "Gold Back"

Then set the Variable "Gold Back" to 0

after your all done your Common Event for "Get Gold Back" should look like the image below

Ok now we are gonna make a new State and call it "Thief Died"

don't let it auto remove or have any restrictions what so ever

in the Note Box put:

<Custom Respond Effect>
var life = 0.0;
// Check if the player is in battle, the target is alive, and the HP rate is under the right amount.
if ($gameParty.inBattle() && target.isAlive() && target.hpRate() <= life) {
// Remove immortal
$gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(x);
target.removeState(248);
}
</Custom Respond Effect>

where it says "$gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(x);" change X to the common event ID of "Get Gold Back" we made earlier

Now lets create a new Skill and call it "Steal Gold" and have it target 1 Enemy and do no damage.

Double Click the Effects box and go to the last page and have it run a common event and select the common event "Steal Gold" we created earlier

In the note box of this skill put:

<Cooldown: 99> so that it can't be used for 99 turns after it gets used (so never really)

Now Lets Create a New Enemy and call it "Enemy Run Away" and don't worry about giving it skills or stats or anything

Be sure this enemy gives 0 EXP and 0 GOLD and no item drops on defeat

In "Run Away" note box put:

<Passive State: 1>

Create a new skill and call it "Run Away" and have it target the user.

Double click the Effects box and have it Remove State "Thief Died"

have it deal HP damage and in the damage formula box put

"a.transform(x);0"

Change x to the Enemy ID of "Enemy Run Away" we created.

Now Create a new Enemy and call it "Thief"

Give it whatever stats you want (I gave mine High AGI so it acts quickly in turn order)

and give it the Skill "Steal Gold" and with always condition and set to 9 Rating so it uses it first.

Give it the skill "Run Away" with always condition and set it to 1 Rating.

Put the thief in a Troop and create a Troop Event with Turn condition 0 x 0 + X so it goes off at the start of battle

in the event page inflict the Thief with the state "Thief Died" we created earlier

Hope to see others post some of their Enemies for the Bestiary

Last edited:

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gargoyles would avoid adding the event to the battle if you use Yanfly's Passive State plugin.

omen613

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Gargoyles would avoid adding the event to the battle if you use Yanfly's Passive State plugin.

Yes this is true.

Guess I was in the state of mind of using the least amount of plugins but passive states are a pretty common one. Both accomplish the same result.

omen613

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Added new entries: Crystal Lizard, Avatar, Demon, and HP Slime

Description: Victims of the Dark Souls Series will remember the Crystal Lizards. They a rare enemy that drops valueable items if you defeat it. Problem is it runs away at the end of the first turn. It also has a decent size HP pool so probably gonna need more than one player character to defeat. Oh and one last thing. While your focusing on trying to kill the Crystal Lizard before it runs away, the rest of the enemies pretty much get a free turn to wail on the player team. Pair the Crystal Lizard with strong enemies to raise tension. But don't go overboard.

Plugins Needed: Yanfly's AutoPassiveStates

First create a new enemy called "Enemy Run Away"

Don't worry about stats and don't give it any skills and make sure it gives 0 exp and no drops

in the note box put:

<Passive State: 1>

(the knockout state)

Next create a new enemy and call it "Crystal Lizard"

Give it enough HP where it can't be one shotted by an average skill so that the play more than likely has to have 2-4 actors used to defeat it.

Make it drop a rare item (Rare Crafting materials, Permanent Attack/HP/MP up, Item that sells for a lot of Gold, whatever you want)

Make sure the enemy has a slow AGI so that it should act last in the turn order.

Now lets create a new skill called "Run Away"

have it target the user and in the formula box put:

"a.transform(x);0"

where X is the enemy ID of "Enemy Run Away" we created earlier

Give the enemy "Crystal Lizard" the skill "Run Away" and no other skill

Put the Crystal Lizard in a troop with strong enemies and smile

Description:
This Avatar's power is based off the number of alive enemies. The more enemies, the more power the Avatar becomes. Take out the other enemies first to weaken the avatar or prepare for one tough battle!

Plugins Required: Yanfly's BuffStateCore + Yanfly's InstantCast + Yanfly's SkillCooldown

Lets make a new Common Event in the database and call it "Avatar Power Increase"

in the event page add a conditional branch seeing if Switch X is on (Lets name Switch X "Avatar Present")

inside the conditional branch put in a text window saying something like "The Avatar's Power Increases"

Now lets make a 2nd Common Event and call it "Avatar Power Decrease"

in the event page add a conditional branch seeing if Switch "Avatar Present" is on

inside the conditional branch put in a text window saying something like "The Avatar's Power Decreases"

Make a new state and call it "Avatar Power"

for this example we will be using a new variable called "Avatar Count" this is what will keep track of how many alive enemies there below

in it's note box put:

<Custom Apply Effect>
// x is the Variable ID for Avatar Count
$gameVariables.setValue(x, $gameVariables.value(x) + 1);
// x is the ID of the Common Event for Avatar Power Increase
</Custom Apply Effect>

<Custom Respond Effect>
// This is the HP Rate the target
var life = 0.0;
// Check if the player is in battle, the target is alive, and the HP rate is under the right amount.
// x is the Variable ID for Avatar Count
$gameVariables.setValue(x, $gameVariables.value(x) - 1);
// x is the ID of this state
target.removeState(x);
// x is the ID of the common event for Avatar Power Decrease
}
</Custom Respond Effect>

***Be sure to change all the X values to the correct values described above***

Now lets make a new skill and call it "Avatar Heal"

have the skill target the user and have it Restore HP

in the damage formula box put something like "100 * v[x] + a.atk" where x is the variable ID of the "Avatar Count" referenced above

in the note box put :

<Instant>

Make another new skill and call it "Avatar Strike"

Have it target a single enemy

in the damage formula put something like "100 * v[x] + a.atk" where x is the variable ID of the "Avatar Count" referenced above

Make Another New Skill and call it "Avatar Switch On" (should go without saying but name it whatever fits your design, like "Might of the Masses" if the avatar is a minor god or something that is worshiped by your little tribe of goblins or something.)

Give it an animation showing the Avatar powering up.

Make it target the user and in the damage formula put "$gameSwitches.setValue(x, true);0" where x is the switch ID of "Avatar Present"

Make sure this skill costs nothing to use

in it's note box put:

<instant>

The skill "Avatar Switch ON" is just one of many methods of turning the switch on. The method I showed works for cases when the Avatar is in situations where it can die and be revived by another enemy. Alter to meet your design.

Make a new Enemy and name it "Avatar"

Give it a large HP pool so that it won't die from the player party all attacking it on the first turn (we want them to kill the other enemies first)

in traits make it immune to the state "Avatar Power" we created earlier

Give it the skill "Avatar Heal" with a 9 rating and condition of Switch "Avatar Present" being on

Give it the skill "Avatar Strike" with a 5 rating and condition of Switch "Avatar Present" being on

Give it the skill "Avatar Switch On" with a 1 rating and always condition

Put the avatar in a troop with several other enemies

Make a troop event with turn condition of 0 x 0 + x so that goes off at the start of the battle

Inflict the state "Avatar Power" on all enemies

Make another Troop Event Page with condition Avatar HP below 0% and set it to check at the end of each turn.

In the event page turn OFF Switch "Avatar Present"

***Important Note*****

if use pair the Avatar with another enemy that can revive other enemies who died be sure their revive skill also inflicts the state "Avatar Power" so that the Avatar sees that they are revived and the Avatar's power increases to match.

Description: Where the Avatar Grows stronger with the more alive enemies there are, Demons grow more powerful whenever an enemy dies. Pair them with Kamikazes and enemies that revive others for synergy.

Plugins Required: Yanfly's BuffStateCore + Yanfly's InstantCast + Yanfly's SkillCooldown

Create a new Common Event in the database and call it "Demon Power Up"

we will be using a Switch to see if the Demon is in the troop and call it "Demon Present"

in the event page put a conditional branch that checks if Switch X is on. Where X is the Switch ID for "Demon Present"

inside the branch put a text window saying something like "Demon's Power Increases"

Create a new State and call it "Demon Power"

we will be using a variable to count whenever an enemy dies lets call it "Demon Death Count"

in it's note box of the State "Demon Power" put :

<Custom Respond Effect>
// This is the HP Rate the target has
var life = 0.0;
// Change 4 to variable ID of Demon Death Count
$gameVariables.setValue(4, $gameVariables.value(4) + 1);
// Change 251 to the state ID of Demon Power
target.removeState(251);
// Change 13 to the common event ID of Demon Power Up
$gameTemp.reserveCommonEvent(13);
}
</Custom Respond Effect>

Create a new Skill and call it "Death's Grasp"

have it target an enemy or all enemies if you want.

in the damage formula put something like "100 * v[x] + a.atk" where x is the Variable ID of "Demon Death Count" mentioned earlier.

Create a new Skill and call it something like "Grave Strength" and have it target the user

Give an animation of the the battlefield filling with darkness or something.

in the damage formula put "$gameSwitches.setValue(x, true);0" where x is the switch ID of "Demon Present"

Make sure this skill costs nothing to use

in it's note box put:

<instant>

The skill "Grave Strength" is just one of many methods of turning the switch on. The method I showed works for cases when the Demon is in situations where it can die and be revived by another enemy. Alter to meet your design.

Create a new Enemy and call it "Demon"

Give it whatever stats you want

Make it immune to the state "Demon Power" we created earlier

Give it the skill "Death's Grasp" with rating of 9 and condition of Switch X being on. Where x is the switch ID of "Demon Present"

Give it the skill "Grave Strength" with rating of 1 with the always condition.

Put the Demon in a troop with many other enemies and create a Troop Event with condition of turn 0 x 0 + X so it starts at the start of battle.

In the event page inflict all enemies with the state "Demon Power" we created earlier.

Make another Troop Event with condition Demon HP < 0% and have it check every turn.

In the troop event Turn OFF switch "Demon Present"

***Important Note*****

if use pair the Demon with another enemy that can revive other enemies who died be sure their revive skill also inflicts the state "Demon Power" so that the Demon sees that they are revived and the Demon's power increases if they die again

Description: Enemy that’s power and size varies based on its HP%. The less HP it has the weaker and smaller it becomes. But its attacks drain HP from the player characters restoring its power. These Enemies are fun because they can be common weak enemies that have potential of becoming as powerful as a boss Enemy. Pair them with enemies that can Heal the HP Slime for synergy.

Plugins Required: Yanfly’s AutoPassiveStates + Yanfly’s Animated SV Enemies

Create a skill called “Drain Slime” and make it ‘s Damage Type “HP Drain”

In the damage formula put something like “a.hp/2"

For this example we will be creating 9 new enemies that all have the same Example HP value of 1000 (Adjust HP to fit your game design but should be what a Boss's HP should be)

1st new enemy will be named “HP Slime 9” and have 1000 HP

Give It the “Drain Slime” skill with 9 rating and always condition.

In its Note Box put:

<Scale Sprite: 300%>

2nd new Enemy will be named “HP Slime 8” and have 1000 HP

In its Note Box put:

<Scale Sprite: 266%>

3rd new Enemy will be named “HP Slime 7” and have 1000 HP

In its Note Box put:

<Scale Sprite: 233%>

4th new Enemy will be named “HP Slime 6” and have 1000 HP

In its Note Box put:

Scale Sprite: 200%>

5th new Enemy will be named “HP Slime 5” and have 1000 HP

In its Note Box put:

<Scale Sprite: 166%>

6th new Enemy will be named “HP Slime 4” and have 1000 HP

In its Note Box put:

<Scale Sprite: 133%>

7th new Enemy will be named “HP Slime 3” and have 1000 HP

In its Note Box put:

<Scale Sprite: 100%>

8th new Enemy will be named “HP Slime 2” and have 1000 HP

In its Note Box put:

<Scale Sprite: 66%>

9th new Enemy will be named “HP Slime 1” and have 1000 HP

In its Note Box put:

<Scale Sprite: 33%>

Create a new State called "HP Slime Effect"

***Below is a large string of code that is the same exact code with different headers and footers posted 3 times. if you look carefully you can save yourself a lot of time by just coping and paste the first block and then edit the header and footers of the last 2*****

In it's note box put:

if ($gameParty.inBattle() && user.isAlive() && user.hpRate() <= 0.10) {

// Set x the target enemy ID to Slime 1

// Transform the user.

}

else if ($gameParty.inBattle() && user.isAlive() && user.hpRate() <= 0.20) {

// Set x the target enemy ID to Slime 2

// Transform the user.

}

else if ($gameParty.inBattle() && user.isAlive() && user.hpRate() <= 0.30) {

// Set x the target enemy ID to Slime 3

// Transform the target.

target.transform(transformEnemyId);

}

else if ($gameParty.inBattle() && user.isAlive() && user.hpRate() <= 0.40) {

// Set x the target enemy ID to Slime 4

// Transform the user.

}

else if ($gameParty.inBattle() && user.isAlive() && user.hpRate() >= 0.50) {

// Set x the target enemy ID to Slime 5

// Transform the user.

}

else if ($gameParty.inBattle() && user.isAlive() && user.hpRate() <= 0.60) {

// Set x the target enemy ID to Slime 6

// Transform the user.

}

else if ($gameParty.inBattle() && user.isAlive() && user.hpRate() >= 0.70) {

// Set x the target enemy ID to Slime 7

// Transform the user.

}

else if ($gameParty.inBattle() && user.isAlive() && user.hpRate() <= 0.80) {

// Set x the target enemy ID to Slime 8

// Transform the user.

}

else if ($gameParty.inBattle() && user.isAlive() && user.hpRate() >= 0.90) {

// Set x the target enemy ID to Slime 9

// Transform the user.

}

<Custom Action End Effect>

// Transform the user.

}

// Transform the user.

}

// Transform the target.

}

// Transform the user.

}

// Transform the user.

}

// Transform the user.

}

// Transform the user.

}

// Transform the user.

}

// Transform the user.

}

</Custom Action End Effect>

<Custom Respond Effect>

// Transform the user.

}

// Transform the user.

}

// Transform the target.

}

// Transform the user.

}

// Transform the user.

}

// Transform the user.

}

// Transform the user.

}

// Transform the user.

}

// Transform the user.

}

</Custom Respond Effect>

***Be sure to set each X to the description above it***

Now go back to each of the 9 enemies we created and add to their note boxes”

<Passive State: x> where X is the state ID of “HP Slime Effect”

Now create a new Enemy Troop and put "HP Slime 3" in it with other enemies in with it

Create a Troop Event Page with condition turn 0 x 0 + X so that it goes off at the start of the battle

In the page make "HP Slime 3" lose 700 HP so that is at the correct starting HP value. (If didn't use HP Slime 3 and used like HP Slime 4 then it would lose 600 HP instead for the starting HP adjust this according to which HP Slime you started with so it has the correct HP at start)

Please feel free to contribute to the Bestiary with your own Creations.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is coming along nicely.  Thanks for the work you're putting into it.

omen613

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is coming along nicely.  Thanks for the work you're putting into it.

:)

Today I'm gonna add another angle to the Bestiary by showing examples of the Bestiary design types. I hope this will encourage others to share their creations using one of the design types.

I will link them into a spoiler under their design type in the OP. 

Example of a Warchief: Air Elemental

Air Elemental can only be damaged by magical attacks

Its instant Ability gives itself and all other enemies the state Feather Foot which gives 50% evasion until end of turn.

Its damaging skill is Wind Blade which does Magical Wind Damage to a single target. Wind Blade never misses

Example of a Warchief: Ice Elemental

Ice Elemental can only be damaged by physical attacks

Its instant ability gives itself and all other enemies the state Ice Mirror which Reflects all Magic attacks until end of turn.

Its damaging skill is Ice Spear which does Physical Ice Damage to a target (double damage if the target stunned or sleeping)

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Not sure what monster prototype this would fall under, but a cool idea would be an enemy whose theme is being very physically strong and dangerous when you get close to it.   Its signature move would be a skill that either does massive damage and/or stuns--the twist is that it will only use the skill on the last character to physically attack it (i.e., the character who is "nearest" to it).  He will also never use until/unless he is physically attacked, so a good strategy would be to only use magic and non-physical attacks against it (this is assuming that non-physical elements in one's game would all refer to long-range weapons or magic).

omen613

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not sure what monster prototype this would fall under, but a cool idea would be an enemy whose theme is being very physically strong and dangerous when you get close to it. Its signature move would be a skill that either does massive damage and/or stuns--the twist is that it will only use the skill on the last character to physically attack it (i.e., the character who is "nearest" to it). He will also never use until/unless he is physically attacked, so a good strategy would be to only use magic and non-physical attacks against it (this is assuming that non-physical elements in one's game would all refer to long-range weapons or magic).

Hmm not sure how to create this exact effect but think having an enemy that counters only on physical attacks is pretty close. A Grappler!

Description: This enemy does a strong Counter attack against any single target physical attack attempted at him. Use ranged magical attacks against him to avoid the counter.

Plugins Required: Yanfly's CounterControl

Create a new skill called "Counter Grapple"

Make it target an enemy and deal heavy damage. Maybe even inflict Stun.

In its note box put:

<Counter Condition>
physical hit
single target
</Counter Condition>

Create a new Enemy called "Grappler"

Give it a decent HP pool so it will take more than 3 normal hits to kill it.

In it's traits be sure to give it 100% Counter

in it's notebook put:

<Hit Counter>
<Counter Skills: x>

Where X is the skill ID of "Counter Grapple" we created earlier.

(Optional: you can put <evade counter> if you want him to never be hit by single target physical attacks instead of <Hit counter>)

Put him in a Enemy Troop and he is ready to go!

Jeering Grappler - Submitted by Jonthefox

Description: Gives the player party an attack bonus at the start of the turn, but when he is hit he counters for high damage.

Last edited:

Lnik3500

Master Troll
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UNDEAD

It's really simple, but I'd like to know an enemy that returns alive after 2 turns after it died. It could also have a graphic while Dead

omen613

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
UNDEAD

It's really simple, but I'd like to know an enemy that returns alive after 2 turns after it died. It could also have a graphic while Dead

Thanks for posting!

Reminds me of Dry Bones from the Super Mario Games. The skeleton turtle that would fall apart and then rebuild itself in a short while.

I'll add it to the Bestiary.

Submitted by Lnik3500

Description: Anyone who has every played Super Mario will know of the Skeleton Turtle that crumbles to bones when you jump on it's head and pieces itself back together shortly after. In RPG Maker MV it will change graphic on defeat and then revive itself after a few turns.

Plugins Required: Yanfly's BuffStateCore + Yanfly's StateCatagories

Create a new Enemy and call it "Undead"

Give it whatever skills and stats that you want.

Create a new Enemy and call it "Pile of Bones"

Give it a graphic of a pile of bones or maybe a tombstone (whatever fits your design really, just make sure its different than the "Undead" enemy we created earlier)

Give it no skills

make sure it has the same HP value as "Undead" had

Create a new state called "Undead Immortal"

Give it no icon and in Traits make it 100% Resist Knockout (State 1)

Create a new State called "Bone Pile"

Give it an icon

Give it Restriction of "Cannot Move"

Have it auto remove itself in 2 turns (not actions)

in its note box put:

<Category: Group Defeat>
<Show Turns>

<Custom Apply Effect>
if (user.isEnemy()) {
// Set X to Enemy ID of Pile of Bones
// Transform the user.
}
</Custom Apply Effect>

<Custom Remove Effect>
if (user.isEnemy()) {
// Set X to Enemy ID of undead
// Get the max hp of the user
var heal = user.mhp;
// Transform the enemy back.
user.gainHp(heal);
// Set x to the State ID of undead start (see below)
user.addState(x);
// Set X to whatever animation ID you want to show resurrecting the user
user.startAnimation(x);
}
</Custom Remove Effect>

***Be sure to set all the X values to the ones described above***

Create a new state called "Undead Start"

in it's note box put:

var life = 0.0
if ($gameParty.inBattle() && user.isAlive() && user.hpRate() <= life) {
// Set X to the Bone Pile State ID
user.addState(x);
// Set X to the state ID of undead start
user.removeState(x);
}

<Custom Respond Effect>
var life = 0.0
// Set X to the Bone Pile State ID
target.addState(x);
// Set X to the state ID of undead start
user.removeState(x);
}
</Custom Respond Effect>

Put the enemy "Undead" in a Troop and create a Troop Event with turn condition of 0 x 0 + X so that it goes off at the start of the battle

in the event page inflict "Undead" with "Undead Immortal" state and with the "Undead Start" state

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

bro how do I have over 30 OCs
A good way to mix your own music? What's the learning curve on that?
Would it be better to pay a composer?
What theme for the next windowskin? You'll decide. Tell what you wanna see and I'll try for.
I just saw in a manga an interesting mechanic - setting up a stationary teleport beacon that one can go to no matter where one is in a dungeon. I think it'll work with a similar setup to how I did my airship transition.

Ooh what if you could set up multiple beacons and choose from a list of the beacons you set up?

Hmm...
Actor2_1 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detreyus