bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeah, I let you have 30 files, and in that video I was tabbing to the appropriate saves. Though I keep saves near areas where I want to make videos at, or where I'm still debugging stuff, or just fun areas I like to play through to get into the mood (and now it is more the latter than anything else).

I do have it set up so that if you get too high level, most monsters run from you on the map, but if you corner them they will still fight. That way if you don't want to fight anymore, you don't have to. However, some monsters are territorial instead so they will leave you alone if you leave them alone, but if you approach them *spring*.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
^^ Will you lower that upon final release?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nope. I'll let you still have 30 saves if you wish. In fact I've disputed raising it to 36 just in case someone wants that many.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
LOL There is a lotto on my side in the old time was Lotto 6/36! XD

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Update time:

-Work has been progressing on the manual. Here is what we got so far. Hopefully it is obvious where I am still working on it as there is a nice (coming soon) message. But this way you can see what has been done so far.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/asvj3ygljojuayy/The Book of Shadows Manual.pdf

Remember, the manual is also part of the demo once the manual goes final.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just wanted to say the game went officially Beta today! The Beta version has been sent to the testers and I'm now awaiting feedback. Once I have that, then I'll be setting things up for an official release.

It's hard to predict an actual release date still though, but I am aiming for sometime before end of September. Sooner if possible though. Once we have the official release date and such I'll have this moved to the appropriate forum for a completed game.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Good luck. Since I arrived here you worked on this and been so nice to everyone, I do hope the beta will stomps every bugs out and it<ll be in completed soon ^^

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok, there has been a suggestion thrown around and I want to see what those who played the game think. The Intro/early Chapter 1 can be a little slow at times, especially for a replay. So I want to ask what people think of the following options:

1) Should there be an option to turn off tutorials at start of the game? As in, you aren't even given an option, they just disappear?

2) Should there be an option to skip the intro but still see the cutscenes?

3) Should there be an option to skip the Intro and the Chapter 1 Elmwood sequence for returning players?

Post any thoughts below on this please.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I haven't played this, but I'd say if the tutorial is about the basic movement control (left/right/up/down/confirm/open menu) and another basic RM/RPG mechanic (MP/TP/Other common mechanic), they should be a skippable. But anyway in general tutorial should be skippable for returning players.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@TheoAllen : There's always an option to say you don't want to read it or hear it, but what I'm asking is maybe just ask in general at the beginning and if you say you don't want to see any of them, and if you say yes, cut them totally from that playthrough. It would also speed up a couple early dialogues too.

Marsigne

Hello There
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
1. Are they multiple? If so, yeah. If not, don't see worth adding an option to disable another option, unless it's for recurrent players (in which something like newgame+ would be useful, which would include said option).
2. Yeah, but I would either include it as part of skipping the tutorial or include it in another section, as answering two options is kinda annoying to boot.
3. If there's something like newgame+, definitely.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I've had to make the difficulty decision to change anti-lag scripts at this point in development, as the current one was causing stutter step bugs (noticeable on large maps) and later proved not compatible with mouse and gamepad support, and since you can no longer get support for that script, I had to drop it as it was doing more harm than good for the game. Unfortunately this will break everyone's saves, as the anti-lag script I was using changed how saves are done.

To counter this I have removed the demo for now until one that will not break saves can be released. Once a full release is made I will release a save file located at the end of the demo so those who already played it through do not have to redo it. This save file will have all quests complete that can be complete to that point, and all secret rooms found that can be found.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Updated with a new demo, version 1.6. This one uses the new anti-lag script, and has minor typo fixes. Also included in the new demo version is the following:

-Major size reduction (220 MB now).
-No need to download the RTP to play the demo now. All needed files are included in the demo.
-Resolution changed to 640 x 480 now to make it a true 4:3 resolution. This also allows it to upscale to 16:9 better than the old resolution.
-A preview of the strategy guide is included in the demo file too.

This should be, barring a major bug or balance fix, the last demo version before final release. Enjoy!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Updated the videos on the front page. There's now an official battle video, and the video with the typo has been replaced with a new version of the video recorded after I fixed the typo in game.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Announcement time!

-We have a release date! The game is planned to release in September 2019 on Aldorlea Games! Retail price will be $19.99.
-Itch.io release is next in the queue, and is planned in Fall 2019.
-Steam release will be last IF it happens. I say IF as between the need for a different build for Steam, getting buried easily when 7000+ games come out a year, the constant sales, and the G2A problems and how that is hurting indie games (illegal key sales and YOU the dev get hit with the credit card chargeback and have to pay it), I may forgo Steam completely. IF Steam happens it will be in Spring 2020 or Fall 2020 though.

Also I updated the demo today as well. It has a few typo fixes (mainly places where I used elf instead of Elf, as proper English says that should be capitalized), and added the info on releases at the end of the demo as well.

Once the release in September is closer and we got a link for it I'll post more and move this to Commercial Game Releases. In the meantime, I have started work on a new game Shipwrecked! Details can be found here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/shipwrecked.110320/

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Great news ^^ Will be a good game since you putted so much work on it.

What is that G2A/Steam problem? There is a key hack somewhere that cause the devs to buy free games to thieves?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Marquise* : It would take a book to explain it in full, but basically if someone buys a key off an illegal credit card the dev can be required to pay the refund cost. One dev says it cost him $30,000 due to all the charge-backs.

The demo is updated. The changes are minor, and unless you want to see the new title screen in your game 1.6.1 will work just fine. Also fixed a typo in the demo of the strategy guide, seems 1.6.1 had an old version of the demo of the guide uploaded.

Also here is the image of the title screen in a spoiler:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Wow...
*about the title*
That's... Neat~! o_O

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Testing out applying a stroke effect to things at player level to increase visibility. Thoughts?

I wonder what cat meat tastes like.
Some call him... the wacky one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrPhantom