bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hmmm....I'll check then. I know I did tweak the encounter rate some in that zone, maybe I accidentally tweaked it in the wrong direction. It should be giving  you a high number of undead (2 skeletons or 2 skeletons + 1 zombie, or bats if you are on the ledges).

Can you tell me what you have equipped for weapons at this point in time? I'd like to know so I can investigate the hit rate more. You *should* have about 95% to hit, and the rat says it is 25% evade, which with my revised calculation is 70% to hit the rat (I overwrote the default setting so it only rolls to see if the number is above to hit - evade, and if so, its a miss). Also, can you tell me how many potions (lesser/regular) and mana potions you have at this point? That way I can get an idea how much someone else playing it has present in their inventory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, I think the tweaking must have gone the other way, because I never saw a skeleton, zombie or bat, not even once.

Unfortunately I can't tell you what equipment I was using, or the number of potions.  As I decided not to play again until the next version came out, I deleted the whole thing so as not to clutter up my HD.  

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, ok. I was just wanting to check to see if the items you had had a penalty to hit or something weird like that, as I don't miss that much (and I usually go Eric - Icy Sword, John - Hatchet, Phoenix - Staple Gun, Sarah - Steak Knife. Only one who misses a lot now is Phoenix, as that weapon is supposed to miss often due to 5 shots in one round. I switch them to baseball bats as needed for skeletons).

I'm keeping a changelog on the front page (1st post) of what has been changed so far based on the feedback. The one that might interest you is I lowered the cost of Phoenix Dust to 10 G (as it is a 1 HP revival item, meant for out of battle use). Got this week off of work (mostly) so hoping to make decent progress in the new version this week with the maps and new events, though I still put the ETA at December sometime for the updated version.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yes, I think the tweaking must have gone the other way, because I never saw a skeleton, zombie or bat, not even once.
Well, you were right, I slipped up and had the rats at a 33% encounter rate, not 3% as intended. Seems I put the wrong number in the field. But, I found another monster more fitting for the region so pulled the rats from the new map and replaced them with ghosts.

Major changes have been implemented in the game, based on the feedback (see changelog on the front page for more). Chapter 1 is currently redone, but now going through a bug testing phase before the download link is updated. I'd say give it 2 - 4 more weeks, so maybe in time for the new year. Until then, the current version is still available for the curious who wish to check out the ideas and storyline.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There is a major game breaking bug in the download link: If you were buffed (or debuffed) and then were KO'd, the buff (or debuff) became permanent. This could explain why some of you were struggling by the Pit, as by then your stats might have been so low due to this bug that you had no fighting chance.

I pulled the download link until I can get a new one posted with the Chapter 1 changes *and* this bug fixed.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Progress report: Chapter 3 has been implemented in the game! It is now at the bug testing/attempt to sequence break it point, which will take a while still.

As for the download for this page, that is being worked on too. I am pending some facesets still from the artist, but as of this post Sarah, Laura, John, and Phoenix all have new facesets. Once I verify that the chapter 3 changes don't sequence break chapter 1 I should have a new download for chapter 1 to play and test. However, with the holidays coming up (and traveling and all of that) I figure that will be early January at the earliest.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Couple new screenshots here to show current progress:

We have shoes now! They increase your agility. Shoes replace one of the accessory spots in the game.

You can also see Sarah's new faceset in this image as well.

Next up, we have the Dwarfen town of Tir Koraz. Tir Koraz was created by carving away the mountains that were in the way, and now the town blocks passage to the Dwarfen Capital, which is east of the town. Also, it is home to the Dwarfen Herald, which is the famous newspaper in the region.
In other news, the database has undergone a major rebalance to better compensate for later in the game. Since it is hard to screenshot a database, nothing to show here.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Since it is hard to screenshot a database, nothing to show here.
You mean, 14 hours a day and floating 13s in your sleep, and you have nothing to show for it?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You mean, 14 hours a day and floating 13s in your sleep, and you have nothing to show for it?
Well, I suppose I could have taken 25+ screenshots of the entire database, but I figured it would put everyone to sleep.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
New screenshots on the front page. I broke the screenshots off into two categories, one which is for the demo, and one to show some of the later chapters and progress.

Also a couple other notes: The Alchemist class has been removed from the game. I found that as I played the game I never used it, and the skills were too weak compared to everyone else's at that same level in the game. Plus, it didn't make sense why Laura was the only one who could make potions, based on the lore of the world. So, Alchemy is now in the game as a feature anyone can use to make potions outside of battle, and Laura is now a medic.

The demo of Chapter 1 is pending a couple more sprites and facesets. I figure, based on the current speed of the artists, the demo should be available sometime in February. I could post it in it's current state though if people don't mind there still being some placeholder graphics though.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a little bit of spare time this week, and don't mind about placeholder graphics if you want to put up the demo.  Though if it's all going to be complete next week, then it wouldn't be worth putting it up now.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm about 4 facesets off of being complete, and we are averaging 1 a week, so probably still 4 - 5 weeks off. My biggest concern is the new facesets are not in the intro yet, as I still need Sylvie (she's now called Talia) and Steve's, so that might turn off some people due to the sudden change 15 - 20 minutes into the game.

I have debated just throwing it up anyways though. I still need to do the proofreading run and testing for sequence breaking in chapter 1 in the Magi Tower (now that I have redrawn those maps to 5 separate maps. Long story short I was afraid of running out of maps so I crammed it all in one map when I first made it. Now I'm in chapter 4 and only on map 64 so I think I have plenty of maps to spare).

On another note, I totally redid all the screenshots, and broke up the changelog by sections so one can better see what has been changed since the last download link.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Time for a short update. The game is complete up to Chapter 4 now, and now needs testing and side routes implemented. All skills have been given an overhaul too, as now that I'm encountering mid game enemies I can now see which skills are too powerful and which are useless or too weak to be used. That overhaul of the skill systems took up the last week of my game production time.

Now though I'm returning back to Chapter 1 to polish it up for the demo. All sprites have arrived now for the demo, all that is needed are the remaining facesets. I also have redrawn Laura's house, as that map hailed all the way back from the IGMC version (or very shortly thereafter), and it was showing its age in comparison to the rest of the maps.

This next month is mainly going to be polishing up all Chapter 1 dialogues, making sure that the characters are in character, adding some missing cut scenes that were on the "To-do later" list, and so on. The anticipated release date for the demo of Chapter 1 is 3.15.15, however, that is right before my spring break, so if RL becomes crazy it could slip to 3.31. I'm going to do my best to make 3.15 happen though!

Reactions: Kes

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Updated the screenshots some today, as well as the character descriptions and the credits list (so that the credits will be current when the demo goes live). Also deleted the outdated screenshots from later chapters, as they still have many placeholder graphics in them.

Demo is done up to the point when you return to Elmwood the 2nd time. It will still need a proofing run and a bug hunt (and squash) run though, which I will do once Chapter 1 is done. Thankfully, all the major redraws of maps are almost done for Chapter 1.

On another note it is probably time to move this thread to Project Development, as the game has crossed the 5 month development time line suggested for that part of the board. Do I just report the initial post and ask to move it?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just a heads up that Chapter 1  has been completely redone to better match the rest of the game! As soon as I'm done proofing it and trying my best to break the game I'll be posting the demo back up on here.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You may very well have already picked this up, but just in case you've missed it

I saw from the video that you've posted on mostly useless's thread that one of your skills is called Retailate.  Should that be Retaliate?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You may very well have already picked this up, but just in case you've missed it

I saw from the video that you've posted on mostly useless's thread that one of your skills is called Retailate.  Should that be Retaliate?
Thanks! I hadn't yet proofread the skill names, that was coming up soon. Will fix.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The demo is live! This includes the fixes from three testers so far. Currently only a non-RTP version is available, though I hope to fix that once Mediafire decides to cooperate.

Marsigne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No
Primarily Uses
N/A
Good :D I'll start downloading it; if everything goes well, I should have finished the demo by tomorrow and post you what I find and such :D

EDIT: One note though, you used a .rar file, and since it's not natively supported, some people might not be able to open it (I know it's easy to get a program for opening .rar files but certain people wouldn't know about that), so I suggest you use a .zip file for the download instead. It probably wouldn't be worth it though so I suggest instead to just leave it as-is and then make later releases as .zip file.

EDIT 16th march: Sent things over PM. Now I've gotta sleep, it's almost 2 AM XD

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Version 1.01 is up! I was only able to update the non-RTP version, the RTP included version will have to be updated in a few days as I'm traveling soon.

Version 1.01 Changes

Fixed the bug that crashed the game if you tried to return from the overgrown bunker.

Fixed the bug that made the ladder invisible in the overgrown bunker

Fixed the bug the Elmwood bathhouse that allowed you to walk on thin air if you entered the hole in a certain direction.

Fixed the bug where if you entered the secret passage to Marie's room a second time, the screen was still dark

Fixed the bug that allowed you enter the secret passages too early

Fixed the bug that allowed you to search Liana's dresser from the side

Fixed the bug that had Liana claim there was a Necromancer downstairs if you already defeated the Necromancer.

Fixed about 25 or so typos and grammar errors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you realize @Kupotepo is a champion among RM Web users, and it all makes sense now:
Worst nightmare this morning, tried to get 20 minutes of work done on my project before heading to work and got hit with a POWER SURGE. Restarted my computer and the project was CORRUPTED, luckily I made a back up a few days ago so I only lost 4 days of work but still
Ami
what the other name of Elixir?

many games are use that,i want name it different.
What does your project folder look like?
I was told that an iPhone can provide a personal internet hotspot...You learn something new everyday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr