bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey, thanks for playing it through! I should probably update it to version 1.5 to reflect the typos and such the others found, but have to do that once I'm done fixing up my skills to reflect findings on the high level skills. But, I'll post answers to the questions for now:

-The L/R is Yanfly text. I should get in and edit that text to be more specific.
-Yeah, I've gone back and forth on the dead mouse scene. It used to be a unique before I added in more hats, but I've left it in so far.
-I've considered going to shoes for the start, will debate that one more.
-So far, I don't know of a way to have a static list. Though some of those random books will be updated to be more of a read a random paragraph of a book in some areas, as I want to add some tactical suggestion books into this game too.
-Haha, good point! However, that chest is key to Chapter 6, hence why I didn't let you go in there (in Chapter 6 you have to break into there and get the contents of that chest). May need to better explain why you don't go that way then.
-Alex used to be where he didn't speak up much early on as he was too confused about things. I actually used to have a scene that went like this (it was when Josie joined):
Liana: Welcome to the group Josie. Alex here is our leader, though he doesn't say much during these conversations.
Alex: Hey, I'm still trying to figure things out.
Liana: Did I say there was anything wrong with that?
Cedric: I think it evens itself out. Alex speaks too little, Sarah too much...
Sarah: I do not!
Josie: (giggle).

-Hmmm...I'll look into those 2 plants. I do want you to have a few areas you can grind if you wish though.
-Actually, no. I used to have a way to do that by clearing out a hole nearby and they would leave, but I couldn't think of a logical way to let the party know about that. Will look into changing the dialogue to reflect that.

Out of curiosity, what were your levels at the end of the demo? I'm usually Level 10 with Alex, 9 or 8 with everyone else.

Titris Thrawns

It's a trap! ...Or is it?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If I recall, it was 12 with Alex and 10/11 with everyone else? I took a screenshot of my 'end demo save screen' to submit with my feedback, I'll make sure to update this/add it to my above post when I get the chance.

That Josie dialogue/Alex explanation makes sense. I forget that not everyone who gets thrown into a fantasy world is going to immediately be confident. Especially in Alex's position. I forget how I automatically project my 'Veteran genre savvy' onto anybody who is thrown from a modern setting into fantasy :dizzy:.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for the info! I may see if I can add back in that dialogue, or something by Sarah or someone asking Alex why he's quiet early on just so it doesn't stick out too much.

Titris Thrawns

It's a trap! ...Or is it?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Apologies for my belated upload of screenshots. I edited my feedback post and hid them there.

And here is what I looked like at completion!
Demo Finale.png
Used Skele trainer after final demo boss. I did not shop a lot. I did backtrack to healing crystals frequently.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Titris Thrawns : Thanks for that info! That helps a lot with figuring out balance a little more.

Uploaded Version 1.5 of the demo. Biggest change in 1.5 is the late game skills were overhauled, and there is now an option to reset your skill selections if you are unhappy with what you picked. The Reset is done via an item, and it replaces the Gary's Maze item that was previously in the demo, so if you already have that item, it is now your skill reset orb. Otherwise, it is given at the point when you learn about skills.

Also I thinned out a few monster hordes, mainly in the top of the Tower and the Elmwood Earth Caves.

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
this looks interesting cant wait to give it a try :LZSooo: not sure how long it will be to play through but ill work on it:rhappy:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Time for an update!

First, the screenshots have been updated on the front page. These are now all properly cropped so you can't see the window or the edges of the desktop. Most of them are new as I redid all the screenshots when I did this.

As for the development, I had to pause it for most of a month due to eye surgery. But the surgery went well and I'm back at work on this. Right now Chapters 1 - 4 are in Beta, and 5 - 7 are very close to Beta. Hope is to still release this sometime this year, depending on how RL events go, and how busy work gets.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
The more I read about it, the more I think this becomes A-grade game.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
We can hope. My concern is how to get it recognized admist the 7000+ other games released in a year, but I'll be tackling that battle soon.

Anyways, small update here. Got a video this time. This shows you what my levels are like in the final confrontation. Battle music for this one is from DesperateMeasurez restaff releases, though I did edit the tempo a little since Kes already used that music in one of their games earlier.

Also, we got a soundcloud page to show off some of the soundtrack. Link is in the spoiler for those with slow internets:

And finally, on a slightly unrelated note I did post another project page under Ideas and Prototypes for the game I'll be working on while waiting for this one to be Beta Tested. It was originally intended to be released before this game, but I was in over my head trying to make that one first so it was shelved for a while. Here's the link so you can see what I'm considering for the next game after this one is done: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/a-darkness-over-parandor.91473/

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
We have a trailer! It's in the spoiler tab. Let me know if you see any errors, or if you have a suggestion for improvement for it.

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Youtube messed up the upload, and keeps clipping things off somehow and makes it look overall tacky. I'll post a new one once I figure out how to fake out youtube.

@Alexander Hawksmoor : I think I fixed it. The Trailer is here in a spoiler now, and also on the front page, and the original post.

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I love the "You freed me from my prison now I will revenge myself starting by you" kinda bit! Woah??? Wut!!? :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This might be months too late, and it's already fixed, but I was just looking at the 'cheering' video and saw at the beginning

"...for this occassion"
should be occasion.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks Kes. Yes, that's fixed, I just don't have a save close to where that scene happens to be able to rerecord it yet.

Update time too. The game is now playable to the end. the only things left to do are the following:
-Tweak the mini-games in the Crossroads.
-Change the animations for many of the skills to more appropriate ones.
-Last minute balance changes on skills/items/weapons/monsters.
-Write the manual
-Write the strategy guide.

The animations will probably take a couple months though so we are probably 2 - 3 months away from release. It's about to happen!

In the meantime, here are two new videos. They are updated versions of older ones. The first one is one where I wander the world map, but this time without Through On. The world map is still 83 x 72 tiles.

And the second one is where I wander through various towns in Chapter 9. I figured I should update that video now that the towns are more final.

Locations in order visited.

Raindew: Town that was destroyed in an explosion over 400 years ago.
Darkspyre: Deserted Castle, though some people are still hiding there, but most have left as winter is on the way.
Eastwood Training Caves: Where the Eastwood Guards train, and where you can go to grind if you wish.
Winterglen: Eastern town that is up in the mountains, last town before a wide stretch of uninhabited land. The town itself is in the caves as it is too cold to live outside for long.
Mana Stream: A way to maybe fast travel? If only it wasn't so unsafe.
Tir Koraz: Dwarfen Captial. Currently under siege from the West.
Silas Rest: Sleepy farming town. Currently under hostile control.
Silvanos: Mining town, though the mines closed years ago. Currently under hostile control.
Aurora: Town of Fairy Enchanters. Just withstood a siege, and has their army camped outside the town.
Clearwind: Used to be home to a Mage School until about 30 years ago. Now it is where your allies are hiding out.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Will have to redownload. Sorry it is on top of my desktop but ... awwww Sorry~!

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And another video. This time I play the same theme three different ways. Version 1 is the World Map Music for Chapters 2 - 4, Version 2 is the World Map Music for Chapters 5- 7, and version 3 is the World Map Music for Chapters 8 - 9.

As for progress...work has begun on the manual for the game. It will be a .pdf file and will be included with the demo as well once it is done. Hope is to have the manual done by end of May.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Will have to refresh my DL :p I look at your saved files and :o

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Marquise* : Save files? Do you mean those old developer saves? I'd not use those anymore as they were for version 1.0 and are really broken. Otherwise do you mean my picture of me going into the final battle where my MC is level 56?

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@bgillisp yeah I saw 30 something files to load from XD Yeah that type of amount of level too is impressive I kinda imagine all jellies running away from your lvl 100 character with a panic screech if they return home.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Welp, finally posted some images to Twitter that I meant to post last year... Better late than never, right?
Just going to leave this here. :LZSexcite:
Going for a spooky theme with my animal crossing home/town. All I gotta do is find that one gravestone recipe out of hundreds for my cemetary ; u;
Asthma has been getting worse because I can't get my paws on a brown (preventer) inhaler. Been without one for over a week now. Struggling to breathe sucks.
I'm wondering, what if I took the time to make a Bee Hive mirco-biome. It sounds cute, and be a home to that hornet monster, but would anyone actually use it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinnott