The Brogrammer's Rockin' Riffs!

TheBrogrammer

Arving Startist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone!  I'm a bit new at game composition, but I've been practicing music for over 8 years.  I thought it was about time that I started giving back to the community.  Here is my new Soundcloud page for my video game pieces! 

Recently I composed a pack for the community DLC package full of analog styled synth songs.  Be sure to check those out!  If you're looking at this topic because of the link I included, then welcome!  There are a few songs on my soundcloud that I forgot to include in the pack, such as a game over Musical Effect.

My pieces are available for commercial use, but please credit me.  If your game is complete or successful, and includes my music, I'd love to hear about it! 

All compositions are free to download!

Thank you for checking the page out, and if you have any advice for a N00b like myself, I'd be glad to hear it!

Ideas for future songs:

Electronic hip-hop for battles and cities
Acoustic "Playing In Mud"MOAR CLASSIC ROCK!!

If you really want me to do one of these (or a few) just say so.  I'd get on it.  You guys are my motivation!
If you have any ideas, I'd be glad to hear them!

Last edited by a moderator:

iRonan

Scrub
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Your music is pretty good, I hope to use it in my game as I really love it! I will be using Alone And Trapped, you're on my list!

TheBrogrammer

Arving Startist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wonderful!  Always glad to see someone enjoying my work!

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's people like you that make me have to choose from 500 pieces every time I need background music ;p

Awesome stuff! Is "Tears of the Lich" released for games as well? - I love that piece. Not sure whether it will be a theme or background to a long cutscene, but it fits some of my ideas to a 'T'.

TheBrogrammer

Arving Startist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It sure is! Go ahead and use it!

Jonesstoke

Music Composer, Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey dude love your stuff! Iv had "cheese" on a few times haha keep it up!

TheBrogrammer

Arving Startist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great!  I just bought a new axe, and I'm hoping to record with it soon, so new stuff might be on the way!

Mouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Listened to some of them a bit more closely today.

Watch your intro's - a few of them sound very similar: the same descending riff.

Other than that, I'll repeat my applause: very good stuff.

TheBrogrammer

Arving Startist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What do you mean exactly? If you mean that some of them sound the same (in musical style), it's mainly because most of them belong in a collection. The Grumpy Adventurer's Companion was intended to be used as a collection of similar sounding music to fit in with a game better.

If you mean that the music sounds too much the same, I'll try my best to be more creative with my melodies. Keep in mind that most of the stuff on here is old as well. It was also designed to loop, so I tried to keep the melodies good, but not too distracting. My newest pieces are at the bottom.

I'm glad to see that you're enjoying it!

byronclaude

Master of all things... (except the things I am no
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Greetings Brogrammer!  First off - that user name...  automatically makes you likeable!  lol.  The Sorceror has me simply captivated!  I enjoyed all of your pieces but that one hit me at my core!  And so it looks like "The Brogrammer" will be mentioned in my games credits haha.

Have you ever considered creating a premium package to post for sale? 

Much love!

TheBrogrammer

Arving Startist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the kind words, man!  You guys all help motivate me. :)   I have considered submitting things to the official store, but first, I might start a topic involving paid requests.  (I might make first request free...)

TheBrogrammer

Arving Startist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys!  I want to release another collection of music like TGAC, but I don't know what style of music to choose.  Here's a few of my ideas:

• Classic Rock Pack
  • Inspirational Piano
  • Grunge/Punk/Garage Pack
  • Modern Pop Pack
  • 8-bit Game Pack
  • Orchestral Pack

Or you could suggest your own idea.  I'll listen, I promise!  Please leave a suggestion below, and I'll try to get the pack out sometime mid-end May. 

However no suggestions, no pack.  :(

baksie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Quite low quality

Last edited:

TheBrogrammer

Arving Startist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
LOL, can you give me something more to go on?  I'd like some constructive criticism, if there's something about it that you don't like.  That's how I can improve my 'cheap' music.

DemonAbyss10

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Some really good stuff here. Honestly, I can see faulter being used as a boss theme in the same vein "Prisoners of Fate" was used as Miguel's Boss Theme in chrono cross. Perhaps you drew some inspiration from that.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I like Humble Town of Beginnings and Faulter.

TheBrogrammer

Arving Startist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the kind words guys!  :rock-right:

I'm not dead!  I made some music for documentary and film, and I didn't have any free time for RPG Maker.  They were paid commissions and they had to come before my personal compositions.  Now I'm free.  :)

I've decided to work on a game with my music playing a big role so I can crank out some more songs and get more experience.  I just uploaded a brand new battle theme of mine, and there should be more to come! 

I just got an electric bass, so now my compositions are sounding pretty convincing!  This is my first game soundtrack that features it. ;)

Thanks again everyone!  You are my muse! 

NPC

Auteurist in this world
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm seriously impressed! Battle of the Magicians was definitely my favorite, and while I'm prone to repeating things, it needs to be said again, that song needs a live cover! :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

3am me: So how do you feel about a character inviting their own character portrait to a tea party? =D

3pm me: //facepalms
I turned 17 two months ago and I feel like I've grown (personality-wise) more in this 1 year than all the 16 years I had lived combined.
Ugh, I may have been cumbersomely eventing a bunch of stuff I could have easily done changing the tileset "Passage (4 dir)" and "Ladder" options. Oops :D
I have no idea why some of the program "splash screen" always on top. E.g, RMMZ loading screen stuck on the top blocking anything I want to do until it fully loaded. What is even the purpose?
One of the secret places in the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
silvake1543