The Calm And the Fury: Art Contest

Discussion in 'Community Announcements and Events' started by Lunarea, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @JosephSeraphThese are extremely nice. :)    Strange how those two states got personified.  About epic glitching; my sympathies!  I think I am that selfish because my computer was down in the Steam sales and when I wanted to use it between Christmas and up to a week ago.  Kinda.  I really needed to prove something to myself on all the torments and I missed everyone here.  My computer is really not stable now,  But true, I myself had to change my ergonomic Logitech MouseMan Wheel for a Dollar store mouse because my precision mouse kept crashing.  I never used a Wacom...  Heard that it could change my life... I do remember the graphic Tablet I had on my Commodore Amiga, it changed my life, slowed me down like 8 to 12 times, but then, didn't had the money for a scan! ;)   (It might explain why in the end how fast I became on the Indigo and O2 at the job having 2 to control with USAnimation then...boy, I miss the old days...  They got me on Photoshop so the rest of the employees kept having jobs!  XD LOL)  NOTE:  About RAM, my problems solidified when I started to change mine. Look in the task manager if you het CPU running at 95%+ and... see if you get OS_ViewContainer popping up as well just in case!

I think I need more time on actual creative work than debugging!  I would also had liked to see what @Chiara prepared...  I know I couldn't adjust to her caliber in time THIS time, but hope all is well IRL for that creator as well! 

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2017
    Gin and JosephSeraph like this.
  2. SheWolf

SheWolf The Blood Moon She-Wolf Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    So many great artworks! Too bad I was lazing around, otherwise I would be competing.
    @JosephSeraph OH MY GOD DID YOU KNOW YOU ARE LOVELY? <3 Great work, these girls are so gorgeous,you won period, SORRY GUYS.

JosephSeraph likes this.
  3. BUTTERFLY

BUTTERFLY Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Aw! It's kind of late for the competition submit, I was practicing on pixel art for this event!

Here is some of my stuff, hope u guys like it!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2017
    Marquise* and BCj like this.
  4. Lakaroth

Lakaroth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    What about the results?
    Best

5. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @BUTTERFLY Please do not use this topic as a dump of previous artwork. It's clear that most, if not all, of that was not created for this contest. Please edit your post to remove works not pertaining this topic, as to keep it on subject. Thanks.

6. kaukusaki

kaukusaki Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Im bummed because i got sick and couldn't submit my art on time. I hope whoever wins all the best

JosephSeraph and Marquise* like this.
  7. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    @kaukusaki *cybermental hugs* I understand. Hope we'll find you another chance soon! And that you'll get well for that one!

kaukusaki and JosephSeraph like this.
  8. JosephSeraph

JosephSeraph White Mage Restaff

First Language:
    Portuguese
    T-thank you! That's kind of embarassing though l-lol ; u ; but y-yay! Best of luck to all of us, and hope mr. Hiroki enjoys going through all our submissions!
    SheWolf and @kakusaki, hope both of you manage to participate next time! I was so happy Degica managed to make this contest happen (really, contests like this are awesome! Hope more are on their way! Maybe a mini-IGMC? YES PLEASE, no need to offer 2 billion dollars as reward like last times though it would definitely be awesome XD)

By the way, I've made a .zip available with all my drafts / roughs / sketches for the illustrations in this contest! it's about 20 drawings, i drew a LOT before i managed to be even slightly happy with the outcome XD
    Cheers for all that participated!

kaukusaki and Tyler Warren like this.
  9. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

The submission gallery for the contest is now available for viewing right here. We hope you'll check it out! :)

Marquise*, Gin, Tyler Warren and 3 others like this.
  10. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Everything is so gorgeous. You guys all did wonderfully. <3

Marquise*, Vexed, Gin and 2 others like this.
  11. JosephSeraph

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Wow lots of neat entries that weren't submitted to this thread! Exciting! Of the ones I haven't seen, Stoic Seraphim's and Nagi's really strike to me!
    As for mine, it seemingly was rendered incorrectly from the .PSD as it was meant to be displayed like this:
    [​IMG]
    I'm hoping it will be fixed. It probably happened because I used Paint Tool SAI, which renders transparency as white by default, while Photoshop seems to render it as black.

Welp, next time I should make sure to double check, or at least send .PNG versions as well! XD

Marquise*, Vexed and Gin like this.
  12. Tyler Warren

Tyler Warren Creator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    All entries look fantastic!

13. Gin

Gin The djinn Veteran

The gallery looks really good. Great work everyone. :p
    Also everyones entries are so colorfull and prety, and they really show how diferent artists imagine and feel about calm and fury.This was super fun....:kiss::kiss::kiss:

14. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    I really love the diversity of the gallery and it is way colorful in styles and... well colors!
    (I wish my computer was optimal in that time... Must make the most of it before it stops forever!)

Gin and JosephSeraph like this.
  15. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

Hi everyone,

After much, much careful debating, Hiroki Kikuta has chosen the contest winners!

Congratulations to:

3rd Place:
    Joseph Seraph for this rendition of Fury:

[​IMG]

2nd Place:
    Stoic Seraphim for this rendition of Calm:
    [​IMG]

1st Place:
    Ekkoberry for this rendition of Calm and Fury:
    [​IMG]

Big congratulations to the three winners! You will be contacted via e-mail for further instructions and for claiming your prizes.

And a big thank you to everyone who participated! With so many gorgeous creations, it was nearly impossible to pick the top. Hiroki Kikuta really enjoyed seeing all the submissions and all the creativity each of you displayed.

We will be releasing the music packs in the very near future, so stay tuned for the fun release.

16. LxCharon

LxCharon I'm the best hyperbole writer in the world. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Congrats you three! That's awesome!

17. Gin

Gin The djinn Veteran

Congrats to all winners. Although I love water paint a lot, I must say that a field of what appears to be lavender is an amazing place to be the representative of calm. :kiss::kiss::kiss:

JosephSeraph likes this.
  18. Marquise*

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Awwww ^^ I can see it now! Very beautiful! I can feel The Calm and The Fury very well in those pictures.

Congratulations also!

19. Vexed

Vexed Malibu Darby Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Congrats to the winners and all the participants - it was awesome seeing all the brilliant art made for this :) Looking forward to getting my hands on those music packs now!

Marquise* likes this.
  20. JosephSeraph

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I'm so honored to have won the Fury! I honestly expected the Calm to fare better than the Fury, but indeed the calm's winner is fantastic~ <3
    (I can't help but self-sabotage and say I was partially cheering for Nagi as well. BUT IM GLAD I WON LMAO)

This was fun fun fun! <3 y'all did great artworks. I'm eager for the next art / gamedev contests and events! : D

*crosses fingers for a mini IGMC*

edit: I wonder if we'll be able to hear mr. Kikuta's thoughts on the artworks? Or at least the 1st/2nd/3rd ones? ;u;

Marquise* likes this.