Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
uh.png
I put chimneys on all my houses but if they are in this roof tile (the one in the screenshots) they disappear in the playtest:
why.png

Does anybody know why this happens? I hope it isn't this tile because i would have to remake the house, but then again I can't have the blacksmith house have no chimney...

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm uncertain what causes this, but it's happened to me as well. I got it to show by deleting the roof (eg covering it with grass tiles) and redrawing it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
this happens when you mix tiles with and without star passability.

star passability means "display this tile above everything else", and that overrides the order of the tiles visible in the editor.
So if you place a star tile first in the editor and a non-star tile second, then in the editor the second tile is on top but in the game the star tile will go to the top.

Momonica

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm uncertain what causes this, but it's happened to me as well. I got it to show by deleting the roof (eg covering it with grass tiles) and redrawing it.
Thanks! But what do you mean by, or how can i do it, by redrawing the tiles?

star passability means "display this tile above everything else", and that overrides the order of the tiles visible in the editor.
So if you place a star tile first in the editor and a non-star tile second, then in the editor the second tile is on top but in the game the star tile will go to the top.
I see. I just need to change it to "X" then, thank you so much!

HiddenAlchemist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A different solution, if needed.

I find that this happens to me as some sort of layering conflict. If I put in too many B, C, D, etc, tiles in one spot (mainly if I decide to replace one with another), it can make one or more tiles disappear. When this happens, I have to clear out that spot with either an A ground tile or a transparent tile. Then I re-add the B, C, etc tiles to that spot. And that tends to fix itself.

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Ahhhh, yes! That would explain why this issue occurs with the top of the roof tiles:

stars.PNG

Good call, thank you.

Thanks! But what do you mean by, or how can i do it, by redrawing the tiles?

I mean remake the roof, as in rebuild it with the roof tiles. Looking over the map I ran into this issue on, it looks like redrawing it only 'worked' because I added my chimney's to a lower portion of the roof after removing and re-drawing it, so it didn't actually work, I just placed the chimneys in a different spot lol :LZSlol:

The only problem with this approach is that the player sprite won't be able to walk 'under' the top roof tiles anymore, like this:

under.png

Not typically a huge issue, but it will impact that if you set the top roof tiles to 'x'.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's better to learn how the engine treats your maps and draw them the correct way than it is to edit this functionality.

ElCheffe

JRPG Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would recommend to simply place the chimneys a bit more forward. It won't change much from a viewing perspective but will still enable player to walk behind the roof.

JorgeMaker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português - BR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
- Create an event using the chimney graphic in the tileset;
- Set priority as "Above Characters";
- That's all.

q5gGK9c.png

Or you can just set the chimney tile as 'star', I imagine that should do that too.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A different solution, if needed.
That would not work in this case. You could clear that spot a dozen times and redraw the roof followed by the chimney, and it would turn out the same every time.

HiddenAlchemist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That would not work in this case. You could clear that spot a dozen times and redraw the roof followed by the chimney, and it would turn out the same every time.
I was only just offering one suggestion that had personally worked for me when certain tiles, even those that were properly starred, did not show up in a play test. I did not say that this was the one or definitive solution.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_1 added!
index.php

Micro rant. The worst part of working from home when you live with your family is seeing how inconsiderate they are. "Hey, you're sitting in front of your computer, that means you're not doing anything! I want to put the TV at 200 decibels!"

If I was working in the office would you still talking me like that?
It's definitely discouraging when streamers give a try-to-say-it-nicely (i.e. bad) review of your game demo. It's like jumping into a cold pool. Bad initally, but it gets better with time. And you are now more alert and see better.
Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png
Backgrounds are not my strong suit... :kaodes:
DazI8jt.jpg

Just realized I forgot doing the clouds... woops

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2dweeb6ae