The Collective Fanart Corner - [PAUSED - Waiting for more developer submissions]

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome to The Collective Fanart Corner!
This is an organized event where developers submit details of their game and artists can make fanart of their characters. There are no prizes involved, this is purely an event where people can have their games get some recognition and artists to have fun with!​
How does it work?
  1. Developers send me(SmashArtist) a PM here on the forums that fills out the developer form. (send me your submissions at any time)
  2. Two games are randomly picked each week(if we have at least 2 submissions) and artists can post on this thread their fanart through filling out the artist form. (I’ll make a post containing information of all three focus games of the week)
  3. Next week it’s rinse and repeat!
What are the rules?
  • Please follow the forms given when submitting and game or fanart.
  • Developers! Please send your game submissions to me(SmashArtist) through a PM on RMWeb(here).
  • Developers!If you want to use artwork that is made on this thread please follow these rules:
    • Make sure the fanart is of YOUR game/the characters belong to YOU.
    • Check the artist’s terms in the “Developer use” section of their post and only use their art once you’ve gotten permission/their “Developer use” section says you can use it.
    • If you decide to use an artist’s fanart in your game, make sure to let them know and credit them in your game!
  • Developers!Please follow these restrictions when submitting your game:
    • Keep chosen characters to a maximum of 3-5 per submission.
    • Please try to keep images per character to a maximum of 2.
    • Please try to keep additional images count to a maximum of 2.
    • Don't put anything in a spoiler.
    • Having less images will make it easier to make sure all your images display correctly for forum members!
    • Exceptions can be made to these rules as long as the image count stay low!
  • Artists! Try to give more focus on the current week’s games. However feel free to create fanart of a game we’ve already finished the week’s focus on if you want to!
    • I’ll try to make sure every game gets at least one piece of fanart!
  • Try to keep discussion to a minimum, so that fanart submissions don’t get lost in the clutter.
  • Please keep artwork SFW as many kids use this forum. (Normal forum rules apply!)
  • Games can be in any stage of development! Just make sure you have some visual references of your game! (screenshots/character art)
  • Anyone is allowed to make fanart regardless of ability or style! This place is here to let your creative juices flow! (from sketches to full on colored pieces, anything goes!)
  • Please don't participate just so you can use the artwork created, this is not a workshop. Artists are not obliged to make a specific art type for you, this is mainly a place to let their creative juices flow and show off some cool games.

Previously asked questions:
Q: Is okay to submit games that are being made in another language?
A: Yes! As long as you have a description in English since this is the English forums.

Q: Can our art references be made with the RPG Maker generators?
A: Yes! Feel free to use generators to give us a reference of your character(s).

Q: Can I still submit my game if I don't have a project page yet?
A: Yes! Just make sure you provide a good summary of your game so we can better understand it.

Q: Can I submit multiple games?
A: Yes! Each game counts as a separate submission. (focus games will be picked at random to make sure not all focus games for the week are from the same creator)

Q: Is it too late to submit my game?
A: It is never too late to submit your game. You can submit it whenever!

Q: Can I add a watermark on my fanart submissions?
A: Yes!

Q: Can I submit my fanart on another site as well?
A: Yes! Make sure to mention what game it is for and tag the original creator if they're on that site as well.

Q: Can my fanart be created with a dress up(character generator) if I'm not an artist?
A: Yes, make sure to clearly mention it was made with a dress up game and credit your source. (You cannot use art from games that are not meant to be shared. EX: Xenoblade X character created in the character customization cannot be shared here. To be safe, stick to dress ups that allow sharing.)

Q: Can I submit my game if it's a work in progress?
A: Games at any point in development can be submitted, as long as you have enough information to share in your submission.

Q: Can I use the fanart created for my game in X way?
A: If you want to use fanart created for your game, you must look at the "Developer Use" section that the artists have fill with their fanart submission.
  • If that section says "Developer can use" you can use that artwork. That being said, if it is being used commercially, you might want to send the artist a PM anyways.
  • If it says "Contact me for use" then shoot them a PM and let them know in what way you want to use their artwork and they should let you know if you have their permission to use their fanart.
  • And lastly, if it says "Do not use", please don't use their artwork.
  • Remember, when you have permission, make sure to credit them for their work!

Forms
Developer Form

(Please title your PM with "Collective Fanart Corner Game Submission")
Game title: [The title of your game, can also be the title logo if you allow me to use it in the thread when mentioning your game]
Game Genre: [what type of genre your game is ex:fantasy, adventure]
Summary of Game: [A short summary of your game’s story/gameplay]
Character References and details: [Include existing artwork/screenshots of your game and character(s), names, and extra details of the world/items/characters/enemies/weapons ! REQUIRED: include art references of your character(s)!]
Game page: [a link to your game’s page here on RMWeb, if you don't have one, write "N/A"]

Artist Form

Game:
[the name of the game you’re making fanart of]
Character(s): [the name of the character(s)/items/areas you’ve drawn, if you can, list them in the order of their appearance in the piece]
Fanart: [include your fanart here!]
Developer use: [Whether or not you’re okay with the game’s developer using your art in their game. Either “Do not use”, “Contact me for use”, or “Yes! Developer can use!”]

CURRENT FOCUS GAMES

-- Currently none--
(waiting for at least 2 developer submissions)

Previous Game Fanart

by @gabrieldiastche

Background.png
by @Alador

Opal_Title.png
by @Rubescen

Dog Game
by @jamcub

by @hiddenone
Information Post: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ur-game-for-fanart.124074/page-7#post-1112683

Astrid & The Witch
by @leusyth
Information Post: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ur-game-for-fanart.124074/page-7#post-1112683

Odyssey
by @Ace of Spades
Information Post: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ur-game-for-fanart.124074/page-5#post-1107927

by @hiddenone
Information Post: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ur-game-for-fanart.124074/page-5#post-1107927

Cupcake: an Apartment Adventure
by @RachelCantFocus
Information Post: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ur-game-for-fanart.124074/page-5#post-1103846

Souls & Sorcery Logo.png
by @dreamfall887
Information Post: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ur-game-for-fanart.124074/page-5#post-1103846

Sundew Nightmare
by @RCXDan
Information Post:

Fragments Of Fantasy
by @Juanita Star
Information Post:

by @Guardinthena
Information Post: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...-create-fanart-now.124074/page-3#post-1098710

by @Lilly
Information Post: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...-create-fanart-now.124074/page-3#post-1098710

Fallen Feather
by @Conflictx3
Information Post:

by @samkfj
(the game logo, created by samkfj's girlfriend)
Information Post:

Super Tech!
by @pickledylans
Information Post: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...rtists-create-fanart-now.124074/#post-1092357

Rave Heart
by @Starmage
by @pickledylans
Information Post: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...rtists-create-fanart-now.124074/#post-1092357

Thank you for checking out this thread, feel free to participate and have fun! :kaojoy:

Last edited:

Juanita Star

Witch of compilations.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Just in case: Is okay to submit games that are being made in another language or is english games only?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
has this event been cleared with the moderators? Because all forum events require a moderator as backup handler as per forum rules, and I see no one listed.

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Juanita Star Sure! As long as it has a English page on the forums/you include your entry summary in English so we can better understand what your game is about. :D
@Andar, I did check in with the moderators first, they gave me the green light!
Edit: They did not mention needing a backup handler moderator. I'm sure they'll let me know if I need any.

Last edited:

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll be joining the artist side of this cause making art is fun and its always nice to try and work with the vision of others :)

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want to sign up your game for fanart, make sure to fill in the developer form and send me it through a PM!

I've added the Q&A section to the main post so we can keep track of the questions that have been asked.
The first focus games will be announced Sunday the 19th! Currently we only have two submissions, so we might change the amount of focus games to just one per week.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I have a question not in the Q@A. I can fill out everything on the Developer forum except the game link. I have never posted my game in the fourms. (Was always too nervous). But I've been wanting too. Now, even if I submit to the Under Development section, it may not be approved after three days. Can I still submit here for the Developer?

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Due to the amount of submissions we've decided to lower the amount of games per week to two instead of three. I've gone ahead and used a random number generator to pick out the two focus games of this week:
Super Tech!
by @pickledylans
~ ~ ~
Game Genre: sci-fi, point and click, visual novel
Summary of Game: Super Tech! is a game about a 21 year old named Kassim uncovering the corruption of the MegaTech corporation that built their city after life on the planet became nearly inhabitable. A point and click adventure visual novel. Think Your Turn To Die and Dangan Ronpa, but with less gore.
Character References and details:

kass test.png

KASSIM PEREIRA
Age 21
Low energy and jaded, he gets through life working at a dead end job. However, he does have a bit of a soft spot for Teah, and even though he can be a bit rude, hes a good person at heart.

teah test.png

TEAH GRIFFIN
Age 16
A Tennis prodigy well known in town for her talent. Upbeat and playful, but a hard worker, and looks out for others maybe a bit too much. Her job does tend to cause her a lot of stress being so young, but she tries to put on a smile and make the most of it.
~ ~ ~

and

Rave Heart
by @Starmage
~ ~ ~
Game Genre: Sci-Fi
Summary of Game: Journey into the Galaxy of Xerxes and play as Klein, A Cipher and personal bodyguard of an Aryan Princess, as he finds himself entangled in the ongoing struggle between the Aryans and Draconians. Enjoy Turn-based battles with classic JRPG elements.
Character References and details: I was gonna want one for my main character "Klein", but thought it would be cute to have one for Ellemine. <3

Name: Ellemine Rave
Race: Aryan
Zodiac: Virgo
– Princess of House Rave and daughter of the High King. Ellemine is an empath who has suffered greatly because of her powers. She is able to absorb the feelings of everyone around her, be it, joy, pain, sorrow and anger. All of these have made her life difficult and have left her feeling overwhelmed for so many times already. Ellemine, Instead of her non-cipher elder brother, Prince Eryn Rave, was chosen as heir to House Rave, for, In Aryan tradition, the Royal child who possesses psychic powers must always be the chosen heir, despite of their age and gender. She is very close to her mother, Queen Lumina Rave. Ellemine is humble and meek, but wise and strong.

Name: Chad Zephyr
Race: Human
Zodiac: Pisces
- Prince of House Zephyr and son of the well-renowned couple of Sector 1, Lord Falric and Lady Marselva Zephyr. As a college freshman and a popular athlete, life has been going well for him, until he was taken off guard by his parents’ decision to get him engaged with an Aryan Princess. Chad wasn’t really into any kinds of relationship during the time, however, when he met Princess Ellemine for the first time, his heart strings were plucked as an invisible cord of emotional and spiritual connection has formed between the two of them. Chad has been professionally trained in sword-fighting since childhood; this makes him an excellent fighter. He's charismatic, athletic and laid-back.

Game page: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/rave-heart.91060/
~ ~ ~

Artists! It's now time to show your interest in these games and make some fanart! Remember to fill out the form when submitting, and enjoy yourselves!

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Woooow!! They are so pretty, @SmashArtist !! <3 <3 And you made Pixel Art for Ellemine! Oh my God!! My heart! <3 xDD :D I love it! Thanks so much for these beautiful works!! :D Btw, I am I allowed to post the pixel art on my thread for the "goodies" part? ^_^ As I usually share wonderful fan arts like these on my game thread for fun! <3

Last edited:

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Man, I have not drawn in ages... Let's see if I can still hold my stylus. :guffaw: Might as well play with a different style than I used to use just to make it more interesting.

Game: Super Tech! by @pickledylans
Character(s): Teah & Kassim
Fanart:
fanart fo pickledylans.png
Developer use: Yes! Developer can use!

Game: Rave Heart by @Starmage
Character(s): Chad
Fanart:
fanart for starmage.png
Developer use: Yes! Developer can use!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A beloved family member passed away due to complication to combat COVID and diabetes. Rest in peace Grandma.
Just got FES pack for my MZ. The details of the tilesets and chars seem not very compatible with MZ rtp. Look like they are scaled up. Not saying it's bad, but just won't fit well.
I've been busy with other things lately but I'm getting back into working on stuff for my game next month. I think I'm going to fiddle with making NPC busts next, mixing and matching stuff from DLC I've purchased.
Just finished composing a boss battle theme!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CMThunder