Demiurge

404: Title not found
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't care what you all say about the game, FFXIII has one of the best battle themes in the Final Fantasy series and is the only one I never get bored of listening to. (Except for FFX's and even that gets annoying after awhile).

Samven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
^ THIS. This like you would not believe. FFXIII is proof that a crap game can have an exceptional OST. I myself think Snow's theme is my favourite, though.

Anywhoo, I think I'll throw my hat into this ring. Ladies and gentlemen... May I present my favourite piece of game music ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0DE5zyRI6U

Demiurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
N/A
Actually, the only reason FFXIII is considered a crap game (imo) is the gameplay. I mean, it has a solid story, good character development, the OST is awesome and I don't think anyone's complaining about the graphics...

Anyway..... here's another of my favorite pieces of video game music.

Samven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a couple of contributions from the Tales series.

First up, Believe In Me. While I'm not a fan of Xillia's OST on the whole, I really dig this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Kkgq18b_o

Next up, Vesperia's When Determination Strikes. It was worth going through the third act just to hear this song. Just... wow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQSIoSNxaXA

Number three is The Trial from Tales of Rebirth. 30% of my reasons for importing this game boiled down to, "This song".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnp49cnWxHo

And finally... Tales of the Abyss's final boss theme. I've heard lots of people on the forums talk about how FFVI is the most important game to them on an emotional level. Well, Abyss is basically my VI. While it's not necessarily my favourite of the three final battle tracks on the OST (mostly because that would require choosing one and I physically can't bring myself to do it) it carries a huge amount of weight for me. Just... awesome.

Demiurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
N/A
Last edited by a moderator:

PK8

I sense there's something in the wind...
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses

TheModel79

The One Who Hears The Voices
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to show my age now with some music from 2 of my favourite games of all time:

Target: Renegade on the ZX Spectrum

Road Rash on the Megadrive/Genesis

Peltron

Orange Ventius Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@the earlier discussion: I didn't like XIII because of the story and characters. The graphics and music seemed fine enough for me.

Dragonborn — Jeremy Soule (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)

Jeremy Soule has quickly become a favorite of mine. The moment I started playing Skyrim and heard the music I knew I had to have the soundtrack. Plus, this song is sung in a conlang—and that is just awesome in my book. :wub:

Demiurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
N/A
^ This. Every time I go to the beach I lay down, play this song (at just the right volume so I can hear the waves too), close my eyes and relax. There's no better feeling imo.

Shablo5

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Magitek I actually prefer to Zanarkand myself, but most of the FFX OST is superb.

Jeremy Soule is a god.

PK8

I sense there's something in the wind...
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Record of Lodoss War, anyone?

Zeramae

It's okay by me
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maaaaan~ Record of the Lodoss War brings back memories.

Anywho, about the only song that stood out in Rogue Galaxy for me:

Reactions: PK8

zacheatscrackers

Machinehead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try not to orgasm while listening to this. I dare you.

Zeus81

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Didn't jizzed a single drop.

Hum...

Demiurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just had to leave this here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just for the record I have greatly enjoyed the past couple months of using RPG Maker MV - enough that I went ahead and bought MZ although it's going to be a bit before I seriously start a project with that.
I have a pretty reasonable alpha of one game that's got roughly 4 hours of content and some bits and pieces of others after only about 300 hours total time and about 2 1/2 months of owning RPG Maker.....
I completely forgot which forum had the personal blogs for members. :LZSlol: It was probably a forum for the Ace program. I was going to see about posting a blog post, but I'm too tired, and if its associated with Ace, then its a moot point. :LZSlol:
I've had some hard times. A co-worker accused me (not going into detail here), and I am trying finish training next week. Still not paid yet, I think next week.
I don't like hard boiled eggs...
it's weird to eat something that crunchy outside soft inside. And after chewing it for a while it started to spill red sauces that taste like iron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OrigamiChan