Primarily Uses
The Contract : Truth
The remake of "The Contract" in RPG Maker VX​
 ​
Platform : RPG Maker VX ACE
Genre: RPG

Download Here : 

Google Drive
Without RTP  : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2nmotYgne8HYnc3RnFMdThXZDg/view

Mediafire 

Without RTP http://www.mediafire.com/download/jpd119noam8um3c/The_Contract_Truth.exe

Changelog

10 December 2014

- Fixed some typos

- Fixed a couple of typos on the skills description.

08 December 2014

- Official Release

*Content Rating : Mature.

1) Introduction: 
Welcome to my topic, everyone! My name is Edjie. I will introduce you my 1st game in RPG Maker VX ACE : The Contract. This game is a remake of The Contract in RPG Maker VX (Original series). I'm not satisfied with the original series, because it's filled with a lot of grammar error (English is my second language, and my english was really that bad!). It's my full dedication to make The Contract again from the beginning, if you've played my game in RPG Maker VX, please give me support!

2) Story/Setting/Purpose :
The game takes place in the Futuristic Mainland, there are two major Kingdoms in the Mainland, The Telasian and The Aradian. The Telasian Kingdom is a small, yet extremely well-developed kingdom, The Telasian Kingdom can produce powerful and futuristic tools. However, the Telasian lacks of human resources.  Aradian is a big country with plenty of natural and human resources.
To balance the issue, the two Kingdoms agreed to form a relationship and they were coming along very well, until the recent issue, about the ban on the imports of the Telasian's product to the Aradian. Which brings a conflict among the two.

You play as a young girl named Castelya, she's the daughter of the current trade minister of the Telasian. She has been destined to be the next current minister of trade. However, no one knows that she will be involved much further than that.

3) Characters  :
    A. Castelya
You play as her. She's a daughter of the current trade minister of Telasian Kingdom. She has been destined to be the next minister of trade. She's cheerful, energetic, and a spoiled girl.
Abilities : She is fairly balanced. She can heal. She hits hard.

B. Gray
A sworn protector of Castelya's family. He's a gentle axeman and he's willing to protect Castelya at all costs!
Abilities : The defender of your team. He has lots of HP and able to withstand most of physical attacks, but be aware ... he's very much fragile when he receives elemental attacks.

C. Sujin
A brash and hot-headed youngster. He's skilled with bows.
Abilities : The fastest of the team. Make sure to use his agility for your advantage. He is fairly weak, however, his skills are mostly conditional, and would give you a chance to win some challenging bosses.

D. Olive
Childhood friend of Sujin. She easily gets nervous, but she's a caring woman. And She's skilled in healing, which is useful in our journey.
Abilities : The healer of your team. She heals party members, cures all ailments. Should be protected at all costs.

4) Screenshots
(Some photos are from the earlier development, but that's pretty much the same..) :

MAP DESIGN :

bqlh.png

g608.png

qh8p.png

BATTLE SCREENS :

wgw7.png

nk3e.png

9gmv.png

vy5y.png

OTHERS :

wvrl.png

5) Features :
- A story driven-game.
- A Huge world to explore.
- Over 100 types of monsters and bosses.
- 90% custom battle animations made by me and some people in this community.
- Sideview Battle System (Battle Engine Symphony).
- 3 difficulties to choose : Casual, Normal, and Brutal!
- 15-20 hours gameplay. (depends on your difficulty)
- Endgame content worth of 5-7 hours of gameplay.
- Minigames.

6) Question and Answer :

Q : When the game will be released?
A : Already released as of 8th December 2014

Q : Where's the original version? 
A :  I made this game in 2008 in RPG Maker VX, but it was not good enough because I made a lot of grammar mistakes in the original version. I'm planning to remake the game but I don't have the unencrypted files too. After I realize that VX ACE has better feature than VX, I'll do the remake in VX ACE instead.

Q : Is there a sequel?
A : I've been in talks with my crews, and we decide to make a new game. So, no sequel for this game.And the next game I'm only a story adviser.

Q : Can I download the Original Version (VX Version)?
A : A big NO. The game thread has been removed and if you find a game link, do not distribute that!

Q : This game is too easy! 
A : Play the Brutal Mode. 

Q : I can't defeat the enemies! The Brutal Mode is too hard!!
A : That's your fault. Enjoy your stay at the Brutal Mode. 

Q : Your english skill sucks!
A : English is not my first language. Even though I've honed my English skill, I will always make some mistakes (definitely).
If you see any typos or grammar errors, you can tell me and provide a screenshot.
Anyway, "Endless Gaming Studio"  will help me to proofread the dialogue, well, the game should be playable once the betatest is finished.

Q : I need help for the endgame content! What are the Quests???
A : http://www.mediafire.com/view/24xcu7vtdy6door/Endgame_Content.doc

7) Credits :
"The Contract : Truth”

--Game Engine--
RPG Maker VX ACE - Enterbrain, Inc. / Yoji Ojima

--Director--
Edjie

--Vice Director--
Channel ISM

--Storyline--
Edjie

--Tester(s) and Dialogue Checkers--
Channel ISM
Endless Gaming Studio
Milenninn
Urthor1996 (For some german words).

--Gameplay Design--
Edjie
Channel ISM

--Database Design—
Edjie
Channel ISM

--Game Script--
Falcao
Galv
Kread-Ex
Moghunter
Mr. Bubble
TDS
TheoAllen
Tsukihime
Victor
V.M of D.T
Yami
Yanfly

--Graphics--
Aindra
Antares
Archiea Nessiah
Avadan
Ayane
biabia
blackxwolf
Celianna
CLOSET
Enterbrain
Gmork
Famitsu
FenixFyreX
First Seed Material
HOT TOKE
IceDragon
Jalen
Jebbou
Kiyoto Kaduki
Kalez
Kazaddor
KLB
Kingdom Rise and Fall
Liberty
Lintendho
Lunarea
Matsuo
Nastasia
Scincaya
PINEDAVX
Vancielle
Weem

--Music and SE--
Bustus
Bjorn Lynne
Enterbrain
Freedom House
Gawagu
Channel ISM
Roelf Mik
Sol
Maodamashii
Velvetend

--Music/Voice ripped from--
Chrono Cross
Final Fantasy X
Lufia
Stronghold Crusader
Warcraft III

--Animation Design--
Ashvir
Edjie
Supergodjesus
ZBDarkflame

And, the "special" award goes to :
http://postimg.org/image/d0ueilxwf/

That's all for now!
Edjie

Last edited by a moderator:

Gette

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Looks pretty fun, i'll be sure to give it a try

Demiqas

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Been playing for ~ 10 minutes and I can say that so far this is the rmvx ace game I like most. 

Edjie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
Been playing for ~ 10 minutes and I can say that so far this is the rmvx ace game I like most. 
Thanks, Elkzahr and Gette! I hope you enjoy the game.

I just aware the Google Drive is prone to "internal server errors". I am going to upload mirror links for this game soon.

Update : Uploaded.

Linkis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Edjie, I must have downloaded an old version of The Contract :)

I'm almost done. Did a lot of grinding so I would not have to worry too much about dying :(

I must say, this is one of the very best VXAce games I've played so far.

The maps, monster, and story are very good.

But Edjie, I really do believe you when you say English is not your first language. 

The grammar is really bad :) it reminds me of the dubbed Kung Fu movies I love so much.

The fighting in the movies is great, but the grammar   is terrible to the point of being funny.

It's a good thing the game is so good otherwise.

Would be really nice if you could make a friend who speaks English as a first language so they could help you.

That would really make a good game even BETTER.

Seriously Edjie, thank you for a very enjoyable game :)

Looking forward to more games by Edjie

Edjie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
Edjie, I must have downloaded an old version of The Contract :)

I'm almost done. Did a lot of grinding so I would not have to worry too much about dying :(

I must say, this is one of the very best VXAce games I've played so far.

The maps, monster, and story are very good.

But Edjie, I really do believe you when you say English is not your first language. 

The grammar is really bad :) it reminds me of the dubbed Kung Fu movies I love so much.

The fighting in the movies is great, but the grammar   is terrible to the point of being funny.

It's a good thing the game is so good otherwise.

Would be really nice if you could make a friend who speaks English as a first language so they could help you.

That would really make a good game even BETTER.

Seriously Edjie, thank you for a very enjoyable game :)

Looking forward to more games by Edjie
Hahaha, we recommend not playing the original version (VX version) because of grammar issues.

In the VXACE version, the game's been proof-readed by my friends. The game should be playable now, but a few mistakes might exist. 

Anyway thanks for liking the game.

Linkis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What a ripoff, After Vera joins the team for the final battles, the shop will sell you a Weapon and Armor for her BUT, you can't equip them :( Then they

will only take back the weapon and armor for 1/2 of what you paid for them. That ain't right :)

So, I downloaded the updated ACE version and the grammar is much better, thank you.

But the problem with Vera is a problem :)

Linkis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What a ripoff, After Vera joins the team for the final battles, the shop will sell you a Weapon and Armor for her BUT, you can't equip them :( Then they

will only take back the weapon and armor for 1/2 of what you paid for them. That ain't right :)

So, I downloaded the updated ACE version and the grammar is much better, thank you.

But the problem with Vera is a problem :)
How about that, I'm Quoting myself :)

Question Edjie, I'm playing "normal" level. I've just lost to Bulkman:( dirty rat that he is. Is it really possible to beat him if he can constantly call new troops to help him??  

And if so, can you give this poor trooper a hint about how I can do that ??   :)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is really feedback for any future game, rather than suggesting you change your current game - which, given the scope of what I'm about to say, would be next to impossible.

I gave up after about 20 minutes or so because of your massive, huge, enormous overuse of balloon icons.  Virtually every piece of dialogue was preceded by something.  If it was just an ordinary statement it was the three dots.  If there was the slightest inflection, it was the exclamation point.  The angry balloon was used where I struggled to see, from what was actually being said, that the character was even mildly irritated.  Cut scenes became unbearable as everything was slowed down for these unnecessary and distracting icons.  I think there were more balloon icons in these 20 or so minutes than most games pack into their whole length.

When everything is emphasized, then nothing is emphasized, because everything is the same.  If you think the player might not get the point without being lead by the hand with an icon, then you need to polish the dialogue so that it conveys the emotion/emphasis that you want.  I appreciate that English is not your first language, and that therefore it will be harder for you, but I still think that this is something you need to adjust in any future game.

Edjie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
How about that, I'm Quoting myself :)

Question Edjie, I'm playing "normal" level. I've just lost to Bulkman:( dirty rat that he is. Is it really possible to beat him if he can constantly call new troops to help him??  

And if so, can you give this poor trooper a hint about how I can do that ??   :)
To defeat him, avoid any AOE attacks such Sujin/Gray's Ultimate Skills. Focus on Bulkman himself. However , he inflicts Confusion quite often. If you're unlucky those confused characters might kill the troop, then BAM! Use the accessory that prevents "Confusion". The troops will automatically defeated if you kill him.

This is really feedback for any future game, rather than suggesting you change your current game - which, given the scope of what I'm about to say, would be next to impossible.

I gave up after about 20 minutes or so because of your massive, huge, enormous overuse of balloon icons.  Virtually every piece of dialogue was preceded by something.  If it was just an ordinary statement it was the three dots.  If there was the slightest inflection, it was the exclamation point.  The angry balloon was used where I struggled to see, from what was actually being said, that the character was even mildly irritated.  Cut scenes became unbearable as everything was slowed down for these unnecessary and distracting icons.  I think there were more balloon icons in these 20 or so minutes than most games pack into their whole length.

When everything is emphasized, then nothing is emphasized, because everything is the same.  If you think the player might not get the point without being lead by the hand with an icon, then you need to polish the dialogue so that it conveys the emotion/emphasis that you want.  I appreciate that English is not your first language, and that therefore it will be harder for you, but I still think that this is something you need to adjust in any future game.
Thanks for the feedback, I'm not a huge fans of \| (a quick stop) in the VXACE message system, I find it annoying, haha...

therefore I use balloon icons.

I've an idea for the next game, I will put the dialogue and the balloon icons simultaneously, so it would be better,.

Linkis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
AH HA, That swine of a Bulkman is going down :)

Thanks Edjie....

By the way, you missed the post before my last one.

On the character Vera, there is a weapon and armor in the shop before you go into the Castle BUT her equipment section

stays dark and your not able to equip her gear. Just saying :)

say, have you considered bringing this game over to RPGMAKER.NET???

you might get a lot more players who would give you some good advice on how to create or improve games.

This is a good game in my opinion, but then who am I ......just a game playing freak :)

Edjie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
AH HA, That swine of a Bulkman is going down :)

Thanks Edjie....

By the way, you missed the post before my last one.

On the character Vera, there is a weapon and armor in the shop before you go into the Castle BUT her equipment section

stays dark and your not able to equip her gear. Just saying :)

say, have you considered bringing this game over to RPGMAKER.NET???

you might get a lot more players who would give you some good advice on how to create or improve games.

This is a good game in my opinion, but then who am I ......just a game playing freak :)
Vera joins temporarily, and she has been equipped by some of the best armor in the game. 

I have uploaded the game in RPGmaker.net but I am not active in the forum, I'll check sometimes. Thanks.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I really lack discipline and find myself far too often giving into or at least seriously considering the temptation to start a new project rather than following through on a WIP that's no longer a shiny and new idea.

Does anyone have any strategies or tricks for making themselves follow through with things instead of doing this? Like that actually work?
I'm starting the "Switches lesson" on Learn MV today, what would you like to learn about them?
I managed to review my previous lessons on Learn MV and fixed a lot of things. Yay! :kaopride:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DemiseOfEros