- Feb 22, 2018
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
SECTION A: GAMEPLAY MECHANICS
- Quest/gathering based. Evidence, talking to people for information. I might/will be looking into developing a notebook/phone menu option that Alex and CD already have that can be added to during gameplay. (I’m currently thinking something along the lines of an Equip style menu that will be labeled Phone, then get into Calls, Notes, Pictures (That last one I’m unsure off, because would it be a picture of the game or a drawn one?). Alex would have a ‘link’ to the AUEI database while CD might have a separate notes section for his other information.
- A system that if they don’t know about a problem because they haven’t gathered that specific point, then it could ruin their investigation (and possibly get them killed depending on the game point.)(Say, they don’t know the weakness. Enemy kills them.)
- Switching between the two will be necessary. Likely with Alex being ignored by a person while CD can talk with them. Or CD, being a civilian, unable to get somewhere off limits while Alex can get in with her badge.
SECTION B: CHARACTERS
- Detective Alexandra Noir – A detective moderately well placed with the agency, Noir is certified to deal with moderately dangerous inhuman beings along with human threats. She has several years of investigation, first with her now handler Mark Bachus, then by herself before CD ‘joined’ in. Her partnership/friendship with CD is the result of a case two years ago at the game’s time. The knowledge he’s picked up has been invaluable to their investigations, with some drawbacks.
- CD Ward – CD calls himself an Antiquarian. A fan of older and historic Architecture, electronics and classic cars, he has been living and working with Alex since the case that he doesn’t like mentioning or thinking about. The knowledge that he gained on his way to the results of that case has led him to keep into contact with people and ‘people’ that he met along the way. He knows Alex doesn’t trust what he’s done and what he can do.
- Doctor Mona Monitar – Leading a team of programmers, engineers and other scientists, they are trying to perfect a Virtual Reality simulator that can keep astronaut minds active during deep hibernation as they travel further out of the solar system and into other areas of the Milky Way. She was the one testing it when the Shadow figure appeared and chased her.
- Shawn Lansky – one of three programmers, he created the quickly done game that allowed them to test how well their VR simulator was working. However, he’s noticed that someone has changed his programming and several other things about the virtual simulator program during Monitar’s test.
SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT
- The beginning of the game starts with Doctor Mona Monitar, represented as an avatar in a video game designed by Shawn Lansky, the younger programmer monitoring and commenting along side the Doctor as she explores the house to find five riddle pieces that will give her the location of the front door key. Several of the game objects she interacts with indicate someone else has been inside the program, somehow living in it. Shawn, outside the program, sees that his hints have been changed and moved, there’s several new sections added and he’s also noticing the things that Mora has mentioned. He’s locked out of his own editing ability for the game once Mora goes into the new, uncreated by him, section. The front door key he had made to be found in the parents bedroom. Now, it’s been moved into one of three new areas that Shawn didn’t design. This area has evidence of horrible things, but Mona doesn’t dwell on all of it, focusing on finding the key and ending the simulation to get out. In the middle of a ritualistic setting it is, but walking away calls on a shadowy figure that proceeds to chase her until she can get to the front doors and end the simulation.
After the incident, and a disturbing find on the security feed, Doctor Monitar and security request an investigation into the possibility of an individual using their simulation for their own nefarious purposes. Called to the case are Detective Alex Noir and Mr. CD Ward, a competent pair that have been steady growing their successes in the field and climbing higher in danger. The AUEI sends them to the University of Innsmouth to figure out what exactly has happened. Looking into the history of the area, the group surrounding the project and figures roaming the grounds, the two stumble upon someone’s attempt to gain power by using the simulation in junction with magick to hide their illicit activities.
As Alex, you will question and investigate the staff, gather evidence and gain entry into places only one with a badge will be able to enter. As CD, you’ll use skills and small spells to look into the computer software, gather rumors not spoken in front of Alex, and research areas that Alex can’t/won’t touch.
SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
- Set on an Earth within present time, the world shares its place with Lovecraft’s stories, along with general supernatural rules and creatures, other realm beings, magick, dimensional holes, possible aliens and humans. It’s out there, and it’s known. People do know about this stuff, even if it’s not on billboards. It’s hard to keep anything underwraps. There are limits on what people know, similar to that of Intelligence or Government secrets. Rumors abound, about R’yleh, Summarian Magic, Latin incantations. Stories of a friend of a friend of a friend.
- The Agency for Unnatural Event Investigation, AUEI, was started hundreds of years ago, when people started figuring out about the power in this and other realms and started trying to use it for personal gain and other dark purposes. It used to also indiscriminately kill inhumans when found. Now, with the slight evolve of humans, they’ve been working on keeping the apocalyptic ones and those causing a mess for them down with the Agency’s help. A few have made their way in, becoming detective and agents. Now, they have laws, regulations about how they investigate and work around regular law enforcement.
- Alex is a detective, which is someone that stays around a certain state or region and investigates possible Unnatural crimes around. Necessary, as certain places have become hot spots for activity. A field agent would travel across countries, or possibly to others, to investigate. Alex was a field agent, until two years ago, on CD’s case. Since then, they’ve stayed around a certain area, Alex switching to Detective and CD becoming certified as a Consultant.
Possibly forthcoming, once I get some things smoothed out.
Edit: Okay, due to previous site being moved, these are uploaded to a different site.