The Dark Master[Spyro Fan-Game](Artists Needed)

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Silent Darkness, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Silent Darkness

Silent Darkness Robomage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello there, everyone reading this thread. Yes, that means you :3

I am looking for some helping hands with an RPG Maker VX Ace project.

Spyro: The Dark Master

"And it was prohpesied by the one who rests between that which exists, and that which does not, that when the pillar of unholy rock and steel is at it's apex of of power, that the ultimate evil will be unleashing, bringing forth a new age of darkness.

May the Ancestral Gods, and all that have come after them, have mercy on us."

-Unknown

Plot Synopsis:

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Spyro#Story [For those who are not aware of the series]

Welcome to the Realms. A world that remains split into two halves. The Dragon Realms, a marvelous world full of culture and civilization, but also fraught with it's own perils. And the Dark Realms, a mysterious, brooding place. So dangerous, that the two halves are cut off from each other, by a place that serves as an air-lock. But, the evils of that place are not always fully contained.

You are put into the role of Spyro, the golden-hearted purple dragon who helped to seal away Malefor's evil. You had presumed that all of Malefor's officers had been dealt with, destroyed. Unfortunately, Rustlung the Wicked has not been. He continued to survive, angry, plotting revenge. Some time afterwards, something goes terribly wrong. You find yourself seperated from your friends and wounded. The love of your life, Cynder, nowhere to be found.

You will begin a journey that will take you all over the Dragon Realms, through many trials, tasks and tribulations, trying to figure out who is behind this, and more importantly, find Cynder, before she is lost again to the shadows. And, if you can find the time to explore the world around you, you will find that there are so many things to do. The Ape Raiders have become unruly and hateful, and the Grublins roam the Dragon Realms as well. But, there are also darker things awaiting in the shadows. The apes never act alone, they must have a leader. Rumors of one by the name of Rustlung the Wicked. What does he seek to gain? But you cannot do this alone. Your friends in battle will vary, from Corona, a Fire-Adept dragoness with a dark past, to Belliarus, a light-hearted, honor-driven warrior, on the path to becoming a Guardian, to a dragoness with a darker side.

In order to avert this evil, you will take the fight to his forces, surviving all he unleashes, no matter what the cost. Having been Malefor's less well-known 3rd in command, he is a significant threat. A worthy foe to battle.

But, will you truly have the strength to stop the evil force behind Rustlung? For there is always a darker, more malevolent power behind what seems obvious and simple.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A lot of what you see here is placeholder graphics! The intended project will look different from how it looks now, according to these screenshots.

Features:

• A story-driven adventure with a wide variety of characters, locales and quests.
    • Enemies that range from almost playful to dark and twisted
    • Herbology system provides a strong, yet balanced alternative to potions.
    • Good and Bad Endings
    • Fast Travel: Cuts down on the mindless journeys across the world map late-game.
    • A combat system with a wide variety of choices that all remains easy enough to understand.

What's needed?

Currently, the project needs artists. People who can create dragon character sprites, special tilesets, including animated ones. Really, everything. Cutscene pictures, faces, character sprites, tilesets, battlers, animations, perhaps some custom battle FX and battle animations as well. And custom titles, Game Overs and User Interface. Optionally, a scripter or two to help me bring all of this to fruition would be appreciated. It is not needed, but it would be very helpful.

Also, I would be happy to provide writing assistance or proofreading services to anyone who asks.

Thank you for understanding.

Hirador and graithallerne like this.
  2. Hirador

Hirador Dragon Member

First Language:
    English
    Are you still accepting suggestions and help for this game?

3. Silent Darkness

First Language:
    English
    Aye. Go right ahead.

4. LostFonDrive

LostFonDrive Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Just from your screenshot I can already see typos.

You used "it's" instead of "its"

You said "betwee" rather than "between"

Do be careful of these kinds of mistakes

5. Silent Darkness

First Language:
    English
    its always gets me, every time.

Also, I swear there's an n in there. Text box renderer must have cut it off. Whoops. Gotta be more careful with the darn text box limitations.

6. Hirador

Hirador Dragon Member

First Language:
    English
  7. Silent Darkness

First Language:
    English
    Oh!.....thanks, I guess. This would do for the time being.

I appreciate you finding this, although i'd need someone who can help me with a lot more than just a couple spritesets.

8. Hirador

Hirador Dragon Member

First Language:
    English
    Yah, sorry about that. I'm better at face graphics then sprites. And I hand draw them, so those aren't very good either. :(

9. Silent Darkness

First Language:
    English
    Honestly, it's not that bad. Considering my alternative, it's awesome. I'm not dissapointed in the quality. My brain is saying, "MOAR".

Think you could make a face graphic for Spyro? I wanna see what you can do in that area.

Honestly, that's the one thing that i'll be needing most of all.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015
  10. Hirador

Hirador Dragon Member

First Language:
    English
    Here. Will this do? If so, I'll add color.

(link removed)

11. Silent Darkness

First Language:
    English
    Oh.....and you can't try to redraw it on the computer using GIMP?

The loss of quality that comes from it being scanned/photographed is kind of a problem.

If it was redrawn on the computer, and given proper color, it'd be perfect, I swear.

12. Hirador

Hirador Dragon Member

First Language:
    English
    OK.

13. Hirador

Hirador Dragon Member

First Language:
    English
    I've messaged you the link to the face graphic in full color.

14. Silent Darkness

First Language:
    English
    Appreciated. Although i'd say all slots are still open for people who are interested.