ssunlimited

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you guys think of these games? I am playing one of these 2 that came as a double for the NS (Nintendo Switch) on my NS and I am enjoying it. I actually do not think I will enjoy the Pokemon games for the NS and most turn based RPG games (I have even played Dragon Quest XI recently and just didn't enjoy it).

dreamfall887

Sun Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Would you recommend the Cyber Sleuth games? I've never played any of the Digimon video games. I used to watch the Digimon anime when I was child, so the franchise has a special place in my heart. :kaoluv: I used to watch the Pokemon anime as well but I only really remember the Ash, Misty and Brock episodes. :guffaw:

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy Dragon Quest XI. I'm a big Dragon Quest fan but I know the games aren't for everybody. :)

grimf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I've played them and I liked them although there were some things that bugged me. I prefer the digimon world games on PS1 by quite a bit. The Cyber Sleuth games are similar to Digimon World 2.

I'm the opposite where I am a big fan of the games and barely touched the anime, although ive heard really good things with the new seasons that came out, I plan to watch them at some point.

I loved Dragon Quest XI, one of the best rpgs ive ever played. It's very well made but It's a very traditional jrpg so I can see why people would not enjoy it.

Jhale M.

Goddess of health, purity and truth.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Interesting. I didn't know it would be like Digimon World 2 Then again, I'm guessing you mostly mean the battle system rather than the main aspects of the game (DNA points, exploration and recruiting methods). I love Digimon World 2 but it is pretty unpopular for how slow it is. I have no problems with playing it at default speed and I think it would be worse at faster speed, but it seems like most don't give the default speed a chance and just use speed up on emulators.

Anyways, I have heard mixed things about Cyber Sleuth. At first it sounded like it would be great and I heard people say very positive things. As I talked to more people about it though, they said it was a mixed bag or not their type of game. Cyber Sleuth seems to be maybe the most normal of the Digimon videogames as the Digimon World series actually greatly varied in gameplay with each installment and the newest game, Digimon Survive, is designed to stand out from the rest of the series once again.

One interesting thing I hear about it is that people say it shares a lot of similarities in story/setting to Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers. Hopefully the story isn't too much unoriginal and I've also heard/seen that the spelling and grammar of localization might be poor.

Right now, I am too focused on Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne Remaster and Shin Megami Tensei V and probably RPG Maker MV Switch, so I won't be playing Cyber Sleuth for a while still.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only every played the first one. Thought it was okay. Didn't bother with the second game because, unlike the first one, you were stuck playing as a character I didn't like the look of; played as the girl in the first game.

Next Order was great, though.

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I play the game every once in a while, sometimes switching between that and other games. It'll take a little bit of patience reading through the story, but the gameplay is straightforward and it's really fun trying to level up and evolve your monsters. Plus, the main protagonist in hackers memory is actually one of the few human protagonists in video games these days that I actually find the somewhat relatable. In a world where video games are dominated by hunters and monsters slaughterers, it's nice to find a game that actually Stars an animal lover.
Also, to the person that talked about the speed in Digimon World 2, that is not what killed of the game for me. There was too many random traps that you could not prepare for in the Overworld, and eventually I got so frustrated in running into all of these traps that it felt like I could not progress because I would always be running into more traps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Currency ---

Hero: This city cannot accept Gold to buy the items.
Merchant: You can exchange Gold into TC,depending the rate of TC this time.
Hero: Really? Then,i want to exchange 999999999G.
Merchant: Let's see……Wait a second,are you Cheating again?
Hero: Hell No!!! I earn it with myself!!!
There's always a time when you're super excited to create something but you already have no energy left. :I
I think of all the effects in my game, the light passing through fog has got to be my favorite....

...Also I spent all day trying to figure out how I had suddenly messed it up and made it start dropping frames like crazy. So I had all day to look at it... mocking me... with it's previous 60fps reduced to 30fps... At least it's fixed now.
Dalph wrote on slimmmeiske2's profile.
Slimmm, we should team one day and make "Reid in Wonderland" or "Aluxes in boots".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErvinDaster