Forthright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello RPG Maker forum ladies and gents!

We just wanted to update you guys and let you know the latest on where our game The Ember Series: A New Fire currently is.  We have the Early Access page up on Steam, and there is a short demo of the game available there as well. We are still actively needing a few roles so if anyone is looking to join our team, please message me or @Shinmegumi to let us know. We are looking to release towards to end of this week and start our early access.  The roles we still have need for is Pixel/Tile artist (we know, everyone needs them), dedicated Javascripter, an additional artist, and at least 1 more level designer. Now as early access continues, the teams needs may grow, so even if we don't need you or your amazing talents now, we may need you later.  Even if you are not interested in joining our team, we would love your feedback on the demo or game if you choose to get a copy. We really appreciate this community and look forward to sharing more of our game and vision with you all. Thanks everyone!

The Ember Series: A New Fire Steam Demo

Our main story line will be over 50 hours of gameplay as well as unique quests for each class.   Our story will follow five friends as they get magically teleported to a world they could never have imagined.   The Order is a powerful force that permeates the land of Mörja.  For over 3,300 years The Order has existed, making sure the people of Mörja find inner peace and spiritual needs met, however, The Order teaches that there are no gods. When one of the five friends, Derek, is teleported to Mörja, his remaining four friends, Sophie, Jason, Jerome, and Alex, inadvertently end up following him.  On their journey to find their friend, they uncover a conspiracy that will shake the foundations of Mörja.  

This is a very basic overview of a planned three game series.  We have our demo that will be released this evening that you can play through as well.  We have been approved for Steam Early Access, but we know that custom tile art is vital to our long term success.  So while we are using RM assets for now, our goal is eventually have a unique art style and battler system. Our five main characters already have custom busts designed with seven facial expressions for each character.  We plan on expanding this to at least 12 and maybe 16 depending on the desired effect for the story. We will have over 350 unique custom enemies as well by the end of production. Our demo will have two of our current custom character art in the game.  Even if you don't join our team, we always appreciate the communities feedback and support. The RPG Maker developers community is arguable the greatest asset any team has to help refine and encourage each other!  Thank you all.

About Us:

Forthright Entertainment is embarking on their first RPG Maker game. We are a small team of four individuals who are in the early stages of development on a three game series. So a little about us.  We have released over 40 mobile games and have one game on Steam called Fake Colours. We are finishing up a match-3 mobile game called Thundergod Battles which will be out early summer. (www.thundergodbattles.com).  We are an approved developer for Wii U and the Playstation Network. 

Screenshot3.jpg

storepage.png

TitleScreen.png

Screenshot4.jpg

Screenshot5.jpg

Screenshot6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forthright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Reserved for future needs and bump.

Forthright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
We are bumping this post.  We are in desperate need of a scripter for this game.  It is going to be a paid position after we either launch our crowdfunding campaign or Early Access, but we are still working out which would be best.  We need a talented scripter to make this happen.  We have many custom ideas that are not already built into scripts and need to be molded to fit the particular kind of RPG we are building.  We are mixing elements from so many different styles of RPG and need someone who can help bring it together.  We have a class system that is extremely in depth, but we need scripts to perform the functions that are necessary.  If anyone is interested in joining the team, we really could use your help.  We hope to have a demo released with in a week for anyone who wants to see the fundamentals of the project.  Feel free to leave a post here or message me if you are interested.  We are looking to create a game universe, not just a one and done game.

Forthright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I really appreciate everyone's support and suggests.  I added pictures as that has been a requested item. 

Forthright

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For any one interested in joining our art team, here are a few shots of our creature art. 

Ectophage.png

ToaditeTyrant.png

Shinmegumi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there, ladies and gents.  My name is Shinmegumi, also known as Donavan, and I am the Associate Producer for The Ember Series: A New Fire.  I'm proud to say that we are working hard to provide you guys with an Early Access release that we here at Forthright can be proud of and something that hasn't quite been done before in RPG Maker.  We know that everyone wants to see the envelope pushed further and we hope to do that.  As a side note, we are looking for some additional help that was not included in the above posts. These are not a necessity yet, but we would like to have some options.  We could really use someone who is skilled with using Yanfly's Action Sequences so we can develop custom action sequences for our skills.  We have the vision but with everything else that we are doing, we don't have the time to learn it.  So anyone wiling to give us a hand, we could really use you on those.  Also, an animator in general is a must.  We like the included animations, but we could really use some custom animations as we have spells and skills that don't fall into the regular RPG mold and some that are specific to our world.  So if anyone who is an Animator has any interest, please let myself or @Forthright know via PM or a post in this forum and we will be in touch.  I hope everyone has been enjoying the demo link and please let us know on here or on Steam what you think.  We will be redoing this forum post for the EA and hope to post more screenshots and some new information soon!   

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Can't wait for next update! :)
I really want to get a cat... but our puppy is still... well... a puppy and would eat and bark at a cat if we got one... *sighs* I guess I'll wait a couple of years~
unintentionally made a track that sounds straight out of Yume Nikki
Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
actor name string, why you gotta be case sensitive like that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HevaCat