The Escape skill. What does being escaped mean?

fugahagen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does being "escaped" just change "_hidden" to true?

If so can I just use "_hidden" to simulated actors not in battle but who will be back soon. For stuff like the "Jump" command from Final Fantasy.

What I'm mostly trying to do is make it so people can come in and out of battle. Wanted to just use the Escape command and then change the _hidden var to false when they come back but I'm not sure if there is more to it than that.

Arctica

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
3 Months ago I made a teleport spell for my early project that pretty much did what you wanted, though different purpose. It allowed enemies to teleport party members out of the battle. I made a counter spell call recall that allows party members to bring back the party member that was teleported out.

I did it by using the $gameParty.removeActor(actorId) and $gameParty.addActor(actorId) script calls. This is assuming those script calls exist for MV as I did this for MZ.

Also it looks like escape does just hide them:

JavaScript:
Game_Battler.prototype.escape = function() {
    if ($gameParty.inBattle()) {
        this.hide();
    }
    this.clearActions();
    this.clearStates();
    SoundManager.playEscape();
};

and when you dig deeper:
JavaScript:
Game_Actor.prototype.hide = function() {
    Game_Battler.prototype.hide.call(this);
    $gameTemp.requestBattleRefresh();
};

and deeper lol
JavaScript:
Game_BattlerBase.prototype.hide = function() {
    this._hidden = true;
};

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Remember to do even 0,01% progress on your game today! You can!
Watched a video of a kid in China leaning against a giant ceramic teletuby statue (valued at nearly $4000 apparently) in a toy store and everyone arguing whether it's the parents or the store's fault. I'm just sitting up wondering why anyone would make a giant ceramic toddler toy in the first place other than to deliberately cause exactly that from happening in the first place though.
Plans for vacation? Maybe I'll go visit
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RealVirg