Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Estate

Capture.JPG

In the beginning of life, everything is dark. At a certain point, our memories begin.

The Estate is the story of Little One, a poppet created for one purpose- to serve others. In this home, there are more rooms than what it would seem like from the outside. The hallways stretch and locked doors are waiting to be opened. The estate is filled with spirits, fae, gremlins and all manner of creatures. Each resident will have different desires that will evolve over time, with individual backgrounds that you can choose to explore or ignore. The walls are filled with just as many secrets, waiting for you to find every hidden passage and uncover every detail shrouding its purpose. As you learn about the history of the estate and those who wander its halls, you will also grow in strength.

A range of spells in Transformation, Voodoo, Enchantment and Sorcery will allow you to transform into a mouse, turn invisible and call on the elements to triumph over any problem you encounter. You will learn these spells from scraps of paper, the clothing you wear or from spirits that can teach you. You will learn how to mix potions, grow magical plants, collect ingredients from running creatures and weave magical cloth from a spinning wheel.

Everyone you come across has a story and a background- everyone except for you. Any decision you make will influence the estate and those who live in it. Spirits will move on, rooms will change- you will be the one in control of what happens.

In the estate, you will find out what it means to be alive.

Features:
-Navigate your way through the estate and accomplish tasks for a rage of residents.
-Take part in at least four mini games in the gambling hall.
-Find twenty plants to harvest seeds from and grow in the greenhouse.
-Collect ingredients from twenty animals, minerals and liquids.
-This game will not have any direct combat, but simple on map encounters.
-Unique spirits and creatures that wander the halls.
-Replay and change the estate every time you make a decision.

Capture2.JPG Capture3.JPG Capture4.JPG Capture7.JPGboiler.JPG dining.JPG kitchen.JPGgreenhouse.JPG library.JPG voodoo.JPG

This game is extremely early in development- so check back for more updates! Any suggestions or comments are welcome.​

Last edited:

Ihavenoskin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The lighting looks amazing! I also love the angles you are getting for the back walls, it looks beautiful :) Good luck.

Alastor01

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Second the previous poster.
Your mapping is amazing and the rooms look top quality!

IssaMeMino

Living in a Peculiar World
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much! There's a lot more to do. I have the gardening aspect down, but now I'm on to making all of the spells and statuses for the map. What's not being shown in these screenshots is that every map has custom doodad animations of moving grass, swinging moss, rays of light and dust. Like I said, a lot more to go!

Ihavenoskin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much! There's a lot more to do. I have the gardening aspect down, but now I'm on to making all of the spells and statuses for the map. What's not being shown in these screenshots is that every map has custom doodad animations of moving grass, swinging moss, rays of light and dust. Like I said, a lot more to go!
Sounds beautiful :)

IssaMeMino

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have an opinion question while I work on this game. There are no side-view battles, but the Little One will encounter creatures on the map that he can cast spells against and "fight" one-on-one with a single action. Most of the potions will play an animation over the player when they're consumed. Should I have an animation for Ether and Health Potions? The animations take the player out of the inventory screen and onto the map for the animation. Does this distract too much? I think it's some nice flavor to see the animation when the character drinks a potion, but I'm sure some players would like to just quickly go through the inventory. If anything, those would be the only two potions that wouldn't have an animation play.

Just seeing what you think!

Edit: I've added a few more screen shots of different rooms.

Last edited:

Ihavenoskin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have an opinion question while I work on this game. There are no side-view battles, but the Little One will encounter creatures on the map that he can cast spells against and "fight" one-on-one with a single action. Most of the potions will play an animation over the player when they're consumed. Should I have an animation for Ether and Health Potions? The animations take the player out of the inventory screen and onto the map for the animation. Does this distract too much? I think it's some nice flavor to see the animation when the character drinks a potion, but I'm sure some players would like to just quickly go through the inventory. If anything, those would be the only two potions that wouldn't have an animation play.

Just seeing what you think!

Edit: I've added a few more screen shots of different rooms.
The new screens look as good as the rest!

With regards to the animations; I think so, it seems as thought in your game you won't be taking a ton of potions ect (I don't know why I'm assuming this, I think it's because there are no side view battles) and so hopping out to see the animations makes sense, maybe you could have a key or button to press without having to go to the menu?

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your maps are gorgeous! In your last screenshot though, the lighting is off. Light coming in from a window like that (we'll use the lower right as an example) wouldn't hit the top of the table like that. A very minor gripe though - I'm stoked to see more progress from you!

IssaMeMino

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ihavenoskin Exactly! I was thinking that at the same time and used Yanfly's button common events. Now Q and E allow the player to consume potions on the map. It makes everything a lot more smooth, especially on the test map of casting a lot of spells in a row. Thanks for all your help/comments!

@IAmJakeSauvage Thank you! Some of the map lighting is still off- I'm trying to get through them in order to start working on events and other aspects. A few of the lighting differences will have animated doodads (some floating balls of light and hovering candles) that I'm planning ahead for. Thanks again for your input- any other suggestions on maps are welcome! ^_^

Also, added a few more screenshots!

Last edited:

Ihavenoskin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ihavenoskin Exactly! I was thinking that at the same time and used Yanfly's button common events. Now Q and E allow the player to consume potions on the map. It makes everything a lot more smooth, especially on the test map of casting a lot of spells in a row. Thanks for all your help/comments!

@IAmJakeSauvage Thank you! Some of the map lighting is still off- I'm trying to get through them in order to start working on events and other aspects. A few of the lighting differences will have animated doodads (some floating balls of light and hovering candles) that I'm planning ahead for. Thanks again for your input- any other suggestions on maps are welcome! ^_^

Also, added a few more screenshots!
Yes! The new screens are epic. I love the Voodoo room :) :) :)
If you get a chance please take a quick look at my development... The game doesn't come across too well without a demo as it's too story driven but still, if you can please check it out here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/the-journey-to-medulla.86201/ Should have a demo out mid November ready for GamesCon...

greensdream

"GREEN'S DREAM" developer page
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not a new insight or anything, but dang those maps are pretty!

IssaMeMino

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ihavenoskin I'll take a look at your game later today!

@greensdream Thank you! I appreciate it. ^___^

Another open question: I was thinking of having the screen resolution should be 1920x1080. I have a plugin to zoom the camera in closer to the character than it is in the screen shots, just so there's more of a need to walk around and explore. Do you think the resolution is too large for some computers?

Aluminum Moon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lovely maps. Where did you get the apothecary set (the little green bottles on the right side) and the cast iron stove from in the last screenshot?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's my cute little ghost~
Minecraft Dungeons is a great example of a game that's much simpler than other games in its genre but almost as equally immersive and fun to play. Lotta RPGmaker devs could learn from that lesson.
Well, it's been a while since the last time I came here... Is there a JS scripting FAQ? I'd like to know what it's capable of achieving, and how :rswt
I love the Time Fantasy tiles, but haven't played anything made with it yet. Can anyone recommend me something?
Vote for what I show more indepth on Twitter tomorrow from the MZ default resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmydark