The First Lay of Eddais, Let's Make a Game Series by ZænSoft

Zaen

Find Me on YouTube
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, I'm three episodes into my game, and I'd really like it if you guys joined me. Looking for input and general interest. 

I feel like these Let's Make series on YouTube offer a much more accurate presentation of what it's like to build a game, how to organize one, how to identify what you want to do, and how to solve it -- more so than a tutorial in under 10 minutes ever could.

I'd also be willing to do a Let's Play of your demo or game on my channel if you would like, although I am quite new and don't have a lot of subscribers; what that does mean is that I will definitely make time to do it! That said, please like, share, subscribe, and all that good stuff.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As it says in the Rules for this particular forum

1) Discussion should be general, not project-specific.While you're welcome to use your project as an example, please try to keep the conversation broad. Feedback that's only specific to your project should be posted in your project thread. If it's too early in planning to have a project thread, you can use the Plot and Character Feedback thread

As you want to work on a specific game of yours, it needs to be somewhere else.

Do you want to start a Project thread?  It seems to me that this doesn't quite fit in the Plot and Character thread.  I did also wonder about Recruitment, but I sense that all you want is ideas input, not specifically to work with someone (or some people) who would have some degree of say in how this shaped up.  I even wondered about this being a variation on "Let's Play".

I shall also ask other mods what they would suggest.  It would be helpful, though, if you clarified exactly what it is that you are looking for.  To say "input and general ideas" is a bit vague.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zaen

Find Me on YouTube
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I apologize about posting a post that is atypical for the board, and thanks for asking me about it and not just deleting it.

Really, what I'm doing it telling people to check out my project, and advertising that I am working on it live on YouTube, and they are free to get involved.

The truth is, the reason I started the YouTube channel was to expose myself to enough RPG Maker community people to eventually connect with an artist to work with closely, but I am not currently expecting to find that for this project nor actively seeking it. It's similar to how I approach my love interest. If I found someone I could work with, awesome! If not, I'm going to work on myself. 

I would not be opposed to you putting it there, however, if that better suits you guys.

What I'm looking for is interest in what I'm doing. 

Thanks.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moving this to the Let's Play forum.

Also, I suggest making a thread for your project if you want to get people interested in what you're doing.

Zaen

Find Me on YouTube
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Moving this to the Let's Play forum.

Also, I suggest making a thread for your project if you want to get people interested in what you're doing.

Cool, thanks. My game is definitely in early development. I've only been working on it for three days, though I've been brainstorming for a while. I know a few key features of it, but I don't know if it's far along enough, although... I do know one direction that it is definitely going in. But, I cannot say what other directions it will also go. So I'll probably wait on that.

But thanks. (I found my way in at 21)

Also, I totally didn't see this board.

Canini

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Very cool!

I heard these were based on the eddas? I recently read all the norse mythology texts so I look forward to seeing this develop. I will check out the videos later this week.

Zaen

Find Me on YouTube
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
These stories are influenced by Norse culture and its impact on Europe, and so the Eddas were an influence on the story and the language, but it does not involve actual Norse mythology. In fact, I'm using Anglo-Saxon names like Woden and Frige, for flavor, and because these variants are not as well known due to that the Saxons didn't write in that time period. But yeah, if you enjoy that kind of thing, you would notice a lot of references in the fantasy of it.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is it necroposting if I ask for more info in my own months old thread? All the information in the thread is relevant
JRPG TextBox HTML - Part 2:
So I'm resuming work on the Shadowstar Trilogy. I've decided that it will take place between the end of G4 and the start of G5, and two of the Lost Rulers will be Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer (who is the moon princess in my AU).
Been working on some sprites, My favorite out of all of them is this guy, his name is Moss:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emileewitt