The Four Disasters

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by cradth, Feb 13, 2016.

1. cradth

cradth :) Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    [​IMG]
    THE FOUR DISASTERS
    Demo version
    Latest version : Demo v1.61
    + This game is a spin off for Avelions series

+STORY+

-776 M.A-
    You are Ferde, an attractive yet reckless? guy, who made his best to the 10th seat of the strongest Archmages in the northern land of Reigeia. No one knows about Ferde's past, including his adopted sister, Elena, and even himself.

The only thing he can remember is, he is there to protect everyone in Greymoyr, his hometown for the past 7 years where he live peacefully. It's not like he lost his memories of childhood, he just can't remember a thing from before 15 years old. Some Archmages suspect him as "Historia", an incarnation of unfated soul summoned by the Avelions.

...And one day, a weird event is come to turn everything upside down...Started from the missing Elmsh Stone in Greymoyr until Sido Helvar appears in the Tower of the Immortals, he recognize Ferde as The Omega, the man who will ended the "False History"...

+CHARACTERS+
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

+FEATURES+

+ 8~10 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY (1~2 HOURS for Demo)
    + Classic SIDEVIEW BATTLE SYSTEM
    + 40 CHARACTERS to play from various factions
    + TOWER SIEGE
    *Check Post #2 for more informations
    + MULTI-PARTY SYSTEM during Tower Siege.
    + UNIQUE SKILLS SET for each characters
    + UNIQUE TALENTS to explore the maps
    + NON-LINEAR STORY with MULTIPLE ENDINGS

+SCREENSHOTS+
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

+VIDEO+
    -coming soon-

+CREDITS+
    Engine :
    RPG Maker MV
    Graphics :
    Characters by Ruruka (Recolored by me), Battle HUD by Moghunter,
    Enemy spritesheets by Bibo
    Plugins :
    Kadokawa, Yanfly, Moghunter, Galenmereth, Yoji Ojima, Shaz

Sound & Musics :
    RPG Maker MV RTP​
    +DOWNLOADS+
    I hope you like my works. Support my games and enjoy. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    dreamfall887, LusianL and nazgul like this.
  2. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    ++TOWER SIEGE++
    [​IMG]

ALLIANCE
    The Kingdoms Alliance is formed by the three major kingdoms/factions in Reigeia : Maghpardos, Arsei Kingdom, and Epsylia Kingdoms with their Dragon Eps Army who vowed to serve under General Vorte X Dalradvent. There are up to 10 oganizations/armies you can recruit during your journey : Dragon Eps Soldier, Sevahn Priests, Rogue Pirates, Maghpardos Wizards, Crimson Guards, Gleafander Elites, Asgard Company, Flerian Assassins, Eyes of Ersevah and The Light Brand of Diaclou's Jaldrath.

PREPARATION PHASE
    [​IMG]

1. First, you have to decided your own Attack Formation. There are 10 formations you can choose, (you will get 3 basic formation from Strategist, the other 7 are from Art of War - Scroll. ) How this works during the siege? I'll give two examples : Cerberus AF will divide your armies into three sub-parties, you can shift and control them using the Red Crystal, so you don't have to walk around to find the Dark Symbols, If you're using Titan AF, your armies will move together, it will decrease encounter rate significantly. In addition to this feature, there are also stats bonuses for each Attack Formation.

2. Place your troops into the battlefield. Each Attack Formation has different starting squares for initial setup. It will be the basic movement of the armies. You can decide what the best unit to fight specific enemies. (You can check general stats for all units including enemies while deploying your troops.)

3. Prepare your Siege Engines, as it might be the key to win your Tower Siege. You will get additional Area Skills from siege engines, it can be used to kill enemy faster. Also, you can craft more engines by collection Siege Engine - Blue Prints.

ATTACKING PHASE
    [​IMG]

After the Tower Siege started, the battles will happening at specific period of time. And it will vary depend on which floor you are in. The things you're going to do during the siege :

1. Destroy the Dark Symbols to shut down the Dark Barrier that is blocking the path to the Summoner's Gate.
    2. Fight the Stairs Guardian, each floor will have unique Boss Enemy to defeat. The Summoner;s Gate will close automatically.
    3. Other things you can do : destroy Guard Towers to raise your TS - Battle Meter, find levers to unlock secret areas, help injured soldiers, complete the Tower Siege Challenge level to get Special Items, etc.

END PHASE
    [​IMG]

In the end of the siege, you will get certain items as the prize, depend on your acts during the siege. The best score will be S-S-S-S, but it might fail your Tower Siege Challenge, your choice.

-Reserved for future updates-

++TOWER OF IMMORTALS++

GROUND FLOOR - SOUTH GATE
    FIRST FLOOR - TRANQUILITY HEAVEN
    SECOND FLOOR - WARBLE HEAVEN
    THIRD FLOOR - PROSPERITY HEAVEN
    FOURTH FLOOR - ETERNITY HEAVEN
    FIFTH FLOOR - SERAPHIC HEAVEN
    SIXTH FLOOR - MAJESTIC HEAVEN
    SEVENTH FLOOR - CHAMBER OF THE GODS

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    Freank and nazgul like this.
  3. Joewoof

Joewoof Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    No idea why this isn't getting a lot of attention. The cover art looks great, and the in-game UI is really well done. I just started and I think it's pretty okay so far. How long is the demo?

Btw, I'm impressed that Indiexpo.net works as well as it does for browser-based MV games. Usually, games take forever to load to the point that their unplayable in browsers. I think

that's pretty cool.

Freank and cradth like this.
  4. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

hi, I'm glad to hear that. ^^
    the game demo takes player anywhere between 30min - 1 hour.
    it's a bit rushed in storytelling, the major issue beside the grammar itself.
    it needs a proper editing. XD

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  5. Joewoof

Joewoof Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

Yeah the dialogue is a bit cheesy, but if that's the tone you're going for anyway, then it's fine, I guess.

cradth likes this.
  6. Bakuda

Bakuda The Music Man Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    This looks very interesting.  Just downloaded the demo.  I'll give it a playthrough and let you know what I think =D

cradth likes this.
  7. Chester

Chester Meow Kitten Veteran

First Language:
    Cat Tongue
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello cradth,

I played this game for a bit and i have to say that the battle is standard which is fine but I can't say that I like the character busts hiding the team. Also, since this is just Project Development, don't try to rush anything and so I hope you'll go back and consider our feed backs. Next, is about the mapping, while the outdoor mapping is well-done, the inside mapping such as housing or caves are not done very well and so you have this lack of consistency with your maps. I also would like warn you about the artwork of the characters. They too are not consistent. For example, the main character's artwork has this anime style to it while the others (mages at the beginning) have a "cartoony" style which kinda looks like anime but they are different and not the same style. The main thing here is to stay consistent. About the story, the characters do have tone and attitude so its good here. I hope I wasn't being too rough here but mainly this is just based on my opinions. If everything seems too much to handle (trust me I've been there) try to break down each workload bit by bit and also, do not rush your project because this project has good potential.

cradth likes this.
  8. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yes, it's supposed to be like that. XD I'm trying to mix it
    with the underlying tragedy as its main plot, I hope it won't be rushed like
    the first game I created.

9. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Thank you, ^^ let me know after you given it a try.
    critiques are welcome. I need it for the game improvements. :)

Hi, thanks for playing my game, it's good to receive any feedbacks, I'm cool with it. ^^
    I realized it after some replays, I have to admit that I'm agree with your opinions. Yeah it's a little bit rushed at most of the areas. As for character style, I will replace the RTP ones with another pictures that are similar to each other ( close enough I hope ) at least, for main characters and all temporary characters in the party. It's fair enough to say sometimes a slow progress makes me a little bit tedious at some point. but I'll do my best not to hasten it this time.

10. Joewoof

Joewoof Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Don't spend too much time polishing the game if you cannot sustain your development pacing until the very end. You can't satisfy everyone anyway, unless you're really gifted/insanely-driven.

cradth likes this.
  11. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Got it. ^^ I'll do it in the best way I can do, thanks for advises, it's really help me and give me a courage. :)

12. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I don't get it, could you explain this phrase to me,
    sorry i'm not native speaker. thanks in advance. :)

13. Chester

Chester Meow Kitten Veteran

First Language:
    Cat Tongue
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

This is what I'm talking about although it does add quality to your battle system, I can't say that this is the best placement.

Eddddit.jpg

14. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh I see. I'll do a fix for that.
    ( reposition or resize it, maybe :D )

15. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm putting this to reconnect all series.

+TIMELINE+

The Three Visions, -Unknown-
    Avelions - The Ancestors, -11106-

The Four Disasters, -776 M.A-

Avelions 3 - Crimson Wars, -782 M.A-
    Avelions 2 - All Stars, -793 M.A-
    Avelions 4 - Oracion Memoirs, -794 M.A-
    Avelions 5 - God Realms
    , -3399 R.A-

+++

*Calendar System*

Solarian Calendar (Elmshiodd Calendar) = start from unknown, til the end of humanity in 11106.
    Lunarian Calendar (Old Sheido Calendar) = start from 0126 R.A, til the death of Emperor Narrevale in 3999 R.A.
    Aelthers Years (New Sheido Calendar) = start from the death of Emperor Narrevale in 000 M.A, til unknown.

16. Yarahiko

Yarahiko Developer Member

The game looks so neat keep up  :D

cradth likes this.
  17. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

Thank you :D I'll doing my best. Did you give it a try?

18. Yarahiko

Yarahiko Developer Member

yes its a little bit hard but the fighting system and the other things are great you did a great job building this game :)

cradth likes this.
  19. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

thanks. ^^ yep, i have a plan to add some tutorials early in the beginning of the game to help players.

also an information like "choices could change the difficulties of the game" and so on. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2016
  20. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello, I have made some changes for incoming v1.5, the demo will be updated soon :

Battle Screen update! ^^

+ I have decided to delete the ATB System, now you can cancel your selected command. :)

+ The actor pictures are no longer hiding the actor's sprites on battle, a better placement, :p

Tower Siege and its mechanism! ^^

I moved it to post #2. [​IMG]