The Free Archives (Formerly Animations Archive)

KeroTani

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is there anyway to up the FPS for animations?

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most people usually host their images externally and link them.

Any recommended services that allow direct linking, is free, has plenty of space, and is easy to manage?

Is there anyway to up the FPS for animations?

Do you mean the FPS at which the game is playing the animations, or having more frames per animation sheet?

If its the former, I'm using Yanfly's Core Engine's Battle Animation Speed at 1. If its the latter:

All the animations were made at 60 FPS, but were trimmed down to 20 FPS for commercial reasons. As stated above, usage of the ones I post here are free, but if there's any particular animation you really like and want the 60 FPS versions of (or perhaps exclusive usage), PM me and we can negotiate a deal. Currently I don't intend to take commissions.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nope.  Ask in program and utility discussion?

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Now THIS is the type of resource we need (and these are also really good).

Like Victor, I suggest that parts of the animation should not exit the frame.  It makes the animation limited to full screen attacks only (thus limiting the animation's usage).

Another suggestion is to make animations that let the user create there own spells (animation sheets that can be made to create a variety of skill animations).

Ice Bear

Ice Bear for President
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Dia! Persona! I love playing the SMT: Persona games (I'm surprised no one mentioned the game where the spell came from). And these animations are beautiful!

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Dia! Persona! I love playing the SMT: Persona games (I'm surprised no one mentioned the game where the spell came from). And these animations are beautiful!
Wow, why did I not get that? My game is borrowing many ideas and structures from Persona games... xD

It's probably because I never use Dia in game.. :p

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Like Victor, I suggest that parts of the animation should not exit the frame.  It makes the animation limited to full screen attacks only (thus limiting the animation's usage).

Another suggestion is to make animations that let the user create there own spells (animation sheets that can be made to create a variety of skill animations).

I agree. Note that Dia was meant to a be full-screen animation once there's a script that allows for larger images to be used in animations. Having said that, I believe you can cut out the 3(4?) cells that takes up the entire frame and still use it without too much of a noticeable difference.

As far as animation parts for customization are concerned, sure, that's something I can look into, but its actually harder to come up with something very loosely defined and universally applicable than to come up with a specific animation.

Actually I was thinking of Final Fantasy I... but that works too, I guess.

====================================

Will be very busy tomorrow, so expect more on Thursday/Friday. Two more to wrap up today. 

=== GIF Showcase ===

Esuna

20160119_XEsuna.gif

Blizzard

20160119_Blizzard.gif

=== PNG Download ===

Esuna - Mask - https://www.dropbox.com/s/1brj6mp5kfkqn8z/XEsuna.png?dl=0

Esuna - No Mask - https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxszbvxjf8ag3ae/XEsunaNoMask.png?dl=0

Blizzard - https://www.dropbox.com/s/bz6p5rdlzukelb0/XBlizzard.png?dl=0

==============================

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice Bear

Ice Bear for President
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Actually I was thinking of Final Fantasy I... but that works too, I guess.
Oh, well at first I read the name and thought of Persona, heh.

Also, quick question: are you working on upgraded animations? i.e: Blizzard animation could be upgraded to a Blizzara animation. Just wanted to know since I would love to see those though it might not possible.  :rhappy:

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, well at first I read the name and thought of Persona, heh.

Also, quick question: are you working on upgraded animations? i.e: Blizzard animation could be upgraded to a Blizzara animation. Just wanted to know since I would love to see those though it might not possible.  :rhappy:

Upgrade animations are a bit tricky. Like I've said several times already, the 192x192 limitation on cell size right now means that its nearly impossible to import any 1280x760 full-screen-sized animations/images into MV and still have it look halfway decent. Even if you don't want a full-screen attack, its usually the case that higher-level magic are just "bigger". Favorite example would be Blizzard, Blizzara, and Blizzaga from FF6 or FF7. Just look at those ice crystals grow; this would be impossible right now (unless you are okay with so much mosaic that it makes you think twice on what kind of game you're playing...).

If you can write plugins, or can convince someone who can, to enable this, then I will certainly have a whole lot of new options to play with.

Meanwhile, I think this is where the creativity of the rest of the community could really help. For example, if you take the RTP "Ice 4" animation as an animated background or setup, and pepper the screen with several of the ice crystal from my "XBlizzard" bursting out in different sizes and transparencies, you could probably get by with a multi-target attack that you can call Blizzara (but don't quote me on it, this is just a visualization in my head).

I would like to think these animation parts I create are only half the story. The other half is how you use the animation engine in MV. Even if you can't draw or make the parts like what I'm doing, you can certainly share your animations.json for the rest of the community to use. In fact, I'd love to see what kind of animations people can come up with using my parts!

The other thing is, given the number of categories and types of skills, I'm probably going to want to go through the whole set of themes before revisiting the same type/element/function of animation twice. We'll see

demantis

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
These are very nice. Thank you for the upload and shared work.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Upgrade animations are a bit tricky. Like I've said several times already, the 192x192 limitation on cell size right now means that its nearly impossible to import any 1280x760 full-screen-sized animations/images into MV and still have it look halfway decent. Even if you don't want a full-screen attack, its usually the case that higher-level magic are just "bigger". Favorite example would be Blizzard, Blizzara, and Blizzaga from FF6 or FF7. Just look at those ice crystals grow; this would be impossible right now (unless you are okay with so much mosaic that it makes you think twice on what kind of game you're playing...)

I think the general approach here would be to separate the crystals themselves from the other stuff going on. This way, one could scale the crystals bigger while keeping the others the same.

Or maybe just scale everything up, or apply more crystals.

Khayalan

Mapping-Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Great Animations ^^

I love them, they have a comicstyle :)  Keep up the good work

-Khayalan

longlivejuggs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Absolutely stunning man! I'm loving these things. Im glad someone is taking their time to create the much needed resource of animations. Thank you for your contribution.

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good evening RPG Maker Forums!

Based on the feedback I've been getting, it seems like some people would prefer to get animation parts instead. So for the next few days I'll try a different method of releasing content, and based on the new feedback I get, I'll see which one to settle on in the future.

Instead of releasing a number of different animations each day, I'll just release ONE full animation, but along with the full animation sheet I'll also release separate animation sheets for the different components that make up the animation. Today's release is a good example to show you all what I mean.

Two things to note:

1. I didn't trim the component sheets in such a way that the animations start on the very first (upper left) cell because I would rather take that time to work on new animations. There's no harm leaving that in there, but if it bothers you feel free to crop it yourself or add cells from other animations to fill the blank.

2.The Animation.json file will only contain the animation for the full version and not the component versions.

Enjoy!

=== GIF Showcase ===

Absorb

20160120_Absorb.gif

=== PNG Download ===

Absorb - Full Animation - https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7i7yjaiw1q7ngv/XAbsorb.png?dl=0

Absorb - Component 1 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/7xkpg9dbsk1gn1g/XAbsorb01.png?dl=0

Absorb - Component 2 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjd0d8fn9bn8hlx/XAbsorb02.png?dl=0

Absorb - Component 3 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/pl1p3jjb6l1q99z/XAbsorb03.png?dl=0

=========================

I personally think this one looks better if I set the blending mode to Normal, so that's the default, if you think the color stands out too much feel free to batch convert the hold thing into Additive.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Good idea!

I suggest that you make an archive of some kind in the first post with all the animations.

This thread will continue to get longer and harder to manage if all the animations stay spread out in a bunch of different posts.

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I suggest that you make an archive of some kind in the first post with all the animations.

This thread will continue to get longer and harder to manage if all the animations stay spread out in a bunch of different posts.

I'll try to come up with something to better organize all the animations in one place. I also need to backtrack and release the component versions of the existing animations.

...by the way...

Here's some eye-candy to feast on, and look forward to the day when one of our plugin masters finishes something that'll allow the loading of higher-res images/animations:

View attachment 29315

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Awesome! :) Animations are a rare kind of resource here. I'm glad someone's making such great ones now!

Khayalan

Mapping-Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I didnt get installing them :(  

Any tutorial for such a thing ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Trying to create a diagonal sprite, by following through GrandmaDeb's tutorial here.
(Basically, cutting up and resizing parts from the down and left version of the sprite.) :LZScheeze:

I've been reworking some old sketches, there's definitely a change on the artwork :kaopride:

Drawing a character who fight with his dog in battle is an interesting yet difficult affair. :D
Trying to get my good habits back again after this year... I need to go back to the gym, but Brazil is still in a bad situation of Covid-19, so I will try to work out at home! :D
I need to become a better battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PizzaRico