The Free Archives (Formerly Animations Archive)

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings RPG Maker Forums!

==========​

On a side note, I think I'm ready to unveil this:​

Please look forward to it.​
Definitely looking forward to this one!

MelodyZE

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

With the most recent forum upgrade butchering all my formatting and images, I decided to make a standalone site to host all my resources. Please head on over to:

https://hadecynn.wordpress.com

to find the animations that were originally on this thread.

I've just finished putting together the site, so there aren't anything new at the moment, but now that I don't have to worry about the forums butchering my layout, I'll be slowly releasing new content and features.

==========​

These are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! =D
i sent you a message =^_^= hopefully i may use your animations in my game that ive invested over 800 hours so far xD.

youre super talented =0

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good morning RPG Maker Forums! I have an exciting announcement to make!

In exactly one week, my first store pack, Animations Collection I: Quintessence, will be celebrating its first anniversary! Throughout the past year, you guys have been incredible patrons for me and my work. Words do no justice to describe my appreciation for the support you've given me... so I'd like to show my thanks in a more tangible way.

While working on my upcoming pack, I've developed a new technique that creates animations sheets with much better softening and anti-aliasing. I've gone back to update every single sheet in Quintessence, and will be providing the new version to all owners of the current pack for free. (Once the updates are released, new buyers will get the new version by default). Here are two comparison images to give you an idea of what to expect:

Comparison between current version (1.0) and updated version (1.5)

Please note that, while this update will come to the RPG Maker Store and Steam eventually, it's beyond my control how long this will take after I submit it. To address this inconvenience, I will be offering a way for owners to get the updates as soon as it becomes available next week on my new website:

Stay tuned for details (bookmark my page :kaoluv:, and I hope you'll look forward to the update. Thanks again for all your support, and I hope I can continue to meet expectations and help you in your journey to make your dream game!

- hadecynn

Last edited:

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good morning RPG Maker Forums!

I would like to take a moment to talk about what's in store for Animations Archive in the future. As many of you have undoubtedly noticed, there has been a considerable time gap since I've last shared new resources here. While a part of that was because I was busy building my own site so I don't have to worry about an untimely forum update messing up all my formatting and images, another more critical reason was because to me, the line between Animations Archive and the Animations Collection have blurred considerably since the end of Season 1 and the release of Quantum. I felt that both the artistic direction as well as the function and positioning of these two 'brands' have overlapped too much, and that really limited my creativity.

As I reflected on all the posts in this thread (and thank you all for your fantastic support! 110k+ views, sheesh!), an idea finally occurred to me that would be able to separate the nature of Archive from that of Collection.

Whereas Animations Collection will continue to be designed for in-battle skill animations revolving around different themes, Animations Archive will now focus more on utility animations.

These utility animations will range from those that could be looped on maps, to animations that could be used in conjunction with plugins to display state effects in-battle. Of course, they can still be used as skill animations, but the creative direction I take will be somewhat different from that in the past. I believe that not only would this help me push beyond my artist's block, it will also stimulate opportunities for the community to discover new ways of applying animations to make all our games richer, better, and that much sexier. Here are two examples to help illustrate the concept of utility animations, these will be released in the near future:

An animation that could be played on top of treasure chests, resource gathering spots, or other points of interest.

An animation that could be used for character status effects or states. (Super Saiyan mode, anyone?)​

As I near the end of putting together Animations Collection III: Thaumaturgy, I am eagerly looking forward to the next chapter for Animations Archive, and I hope you are as well.

- hadecynn

feckyeslife

Sleepy Cat Mom
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The distinction between both is really quite a good idea! Map animations are something that either is done sporadically by spriters or no one, so that gap being filled is exciting. Thanks again for still sharing free resources in addition to the paid Collections :]

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Your animations are amazing!! Thank you! : )

feckyeslife

Sleepy Cat Mom
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for another great update!

Metheone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow thanks a lot you're really a wizard

Iliassine

Rider.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A

With the most recent forum upgrade butchering all my formatting and images, I decided to make a standalone site to host all my resources. Please head on over to:

to find the animations that were originally on this thread.

I've just finished putting together the site, so there aren't anything new at the moment, but now that I don't have to worry about the forums butchering my layout, I'll be slowly releasing new content and features.

==========​

Oh boy, I'm so excited to use those animation you used in the pic for my Arcanic Magics, it would be just awesomely awesome, my god, you're the God of Animations.

10kk

Parallel Process irl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there an animations.json I can get to have these work? I don't see one in the main post.
The attachment which was the animations.json file was removed / says it cannot be found.

Rem Rem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got in rpg maker recently and just found this thread. I really hope it isn't dead, these animations are insane and I would love to see more. Once I get money saved up I will definitely try to get some commissioned work done (I have tons of ideas). Quick question though, have you ever though about character animation?

Moe_Lester13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've purchased both of your resource packs as I would love to see you continue creating such amazing assets. I have noticed there is no longer an animations JSON file in your post update which is a shame as I didn't happen to grab it while it was up.

ThePotatoOfFire

8-bit Obsessed
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! So my house burned down in January, and it took my laptop and everything I had on there with it, including Quintessence, which I bought. How do I retrieve those animations?

EDIT: Nevermind! Found it!
For those who may need it: On this website, go to"Products", then click log in (same as forums I believe), then go to "My Account" and go through order numbers till you find the right one.

Thanks for all the awesome animations!

Luth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi ! I can't find your "Halloween special" animations on your website, and it seems that they don't appear in the paid packs ?

I'm looking forward for that third pack, it looks amazing :)

Nightshade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good afternoon RPG Maker Forums! Happy Valentine's Day!

For those of you who feel that this week's releases aren't... powerful... enough, let's finish off this collection with a (literal) bang.

I present to you an animation inspired by Moe Moe Kyun!

What is Moe Moe Kyun (MMK), you say?

This:

=D

This animation is a little more advanced (like XThunder and XComet) in that you might need to reposition it yourself in the editor. They are already split into 2 components so I won't be breaking them down into smaller pieces. With that said:

=== GIF Showcase ===

MMK

=== PNG Download ===

MMK - Component 1 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/owdt5nrqx7bq966/XMMK01.png?dl=0

MMK - Component 2 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/rcvqi59wgmijic2/XMMK02.png?dl=0

====================

Enjoy!
all his heart animations are gone @_@ i know the post is old but i'm making a sepcial boss and i need that heart beam and the charm animation for her @_@

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I stumbled upon 2 articles about why time goes faster as we age, and how to "slow down time".
Check them out, very interesting read. :D
Faster Time
Slower Time
Anyone can recommend a good gaming mouse? My mouse wheel has given up. Last mouse was steel series diablo iii edition (I know, it's been a while)
And then I figured out a way to doing a "regular animation" that's affected by PIXI particles. So now each frame of the animation gets particle effects. Soon my dreams of a world without QSprite will be realized. :kaopride:
Currently every NPC in my RPG gets a name, its kinda useless to name all, but Its also cool, somehow.
Biggest prob is to come up with different names. xD
I'm back from my visit to my family. Was really great to see them again after a year even if I had to get tested for covid for the visit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moguta