The Free Archives (Formerly Animations Archive)

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Last edited by a moderator:

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are working so hard, hadecynn. Thank you so much! Keep up the good work! Loving these animations! :)

KeroTani

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
In the case of skills that target all how does the game know to use it on each enemy or to just use the animation once?

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the case of skills that target all how does the game know to use it on each enemy or to just use the animation once?

In the Animation window, under "Position", setting it to "Center", "Head", or "Feel" will cause the animation to play once per enemy, setting it to "Screen" will make it only play once. Note that this means you could have a screen-wide animation that only targets one enemy/ally.

KeroTani

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
In the Animation window, under "Position", setting it to "Center", "Head", or "Feel" will cause the animation to play once per enemy, setting it to "Screen" will make it only play once. Note that this means you could have a screen-wide animation that only targets one enemy/ally.

Ah I see.

Ras101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey, thanks for making these! They are awesome and I will be using them in my projects. I'll be following this thread closely from now on, hehe ...

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good Morning RPG Maker Forums!

Today's release is one of my personal favorites so far (and not just because it took me the longest to make). There are only 2 component sheets, but in reality there are 4 separate parts. Due to the way the animation is split into two phases, the first half and the second half can already be used independently. I figured it would be better to leave them in the same sheet because you could then use the second slot in the Animation engine for a completely different sheet to make your own effects. I know that each component actually isn't just one special effect, but given how many layers there are in this animation, we'll start from here, and if people REALLY want each effect on its own, then I'll think about it.

=== GIF Showcase ===

Flare

20160120_Flare.gif

=== PNG Download ===

Flare - Full Animation - https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6z06u9fwf4gtje/XFlare.png?dl=0

Flare - Component 1 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/76odt8vx6faw4uw/XFlare01.png?dl=0

Flare - Component 2 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/p5c2lwf1ge2176u/XFlare02.png?dl=0

===========================

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You need to archive these or put them in a blog so that it's easier to find and install these lovely animations.

Ras101

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hehe, the Flare animation looks like the animation for Flare from FF14. Awesome work!

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is breathtaking work! Thank you for sharing. Is it possible to do your take on a single meteor? 

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is amazing. Now I can make my crashing ship!

But yeah, I have to try and see if I can pull it off :)

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I guess I kinda got it to work... bonus release for the day:

=== GIF Showcase ===

Comet

20160122_Comet.gif

=== PNG Download ===

Comet - Component 1 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zop0tdwjjhbsfeo/XComet01.png?dl=0

Comet - Component 2 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zl7gb4cp5ewyd5t/XComet02.png?dl=0

=====================

Note that the version contained in the json file will not work on every screen resolution/enemy size. Chances are you'll need to adjust accordingly. Please don't ask me how to do it for your game.

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have no idea what the Animation.json is, but I will figure it out! Much thanks, hadecynn :)

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have no idea what the Animation.json is, but I will figure it out! Much thanks, hadecynn :)

It's in the data file. It contains all the data for the animations of the game.

Liandra Aura

Game Director
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is some amazing work. Hate myself for not saying so when I found it a few days ago. Gotta give you credit where you deserve it.

If I might give an idea, perhaps some emblems that erupt upwards from ones feet, sort of like those pesky trap spells from The Elder Scrolls games.

My other idea would be sideview only but sending a flock of birds or a horde of bats at the target from a centralized point. Sort of like a druid might send his bird friends or a vampire his bat swarm at the enemy.

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@hadecynn - links are down (all of them).

I don't know if this is just temporary or not..

Sums

Musician and Writer
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Beautiful animations, great work! Thanks for sharing this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Okay, vacuuming fruit flies out of the air is surprisingly effective.
Finally finished my menu redesign after like a month of coding! I hate designing menus... Good news though - I thought of a complete redesign for it now, so yay...
Still no scam calls all day... also I got a quick gig designing a mascot drawing for a small business, so I might actually make some green of my own after all. That would be a perfect job for me, since I love art and digital design.
Job concerns. Love where I work, but I have severe anxiety while I'm outside at night.
It's nice to see the evolution of my game: Here is a video with the first WIP:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doriyella