Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Hey, one question? Will you also do animations for all enemies skills?

P.S. : If it's okay with you, would you make something like a Charm spell?

Last edited by a moderator:

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, one question? Will you also do animations for all enemies skills?

P.S. : If it's okay with you, would you make something like a Charm spell?

1. You would first have to define what you mean by "enemies' skills". Any of these animations could be used for attacks performed by an enemy.

2. I don't take commissions, so I can't guarantee anything, but I'll keep note of it. Before that though, you'll also need to explain what you would consider/define as a "Charm spell" animation.

Ilan14

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
1. I meant an area skill, a skill that targets all of the enemies.

2. Well, something like, an animation for a spell that a succubus would use to charm her victims. Something like that.

Dainiri.Art

Broken Tablet Mastery
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very cool and very well made! Thanks for sharing this.
Are this 3D rendered effects?

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since you've done fire, ice, water and such, why not do earth? It's one of the 8 regular elements of the program.

aliensalmon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Good job with these animations! I do have a suggestion: spells that use plants/nature in them (like the Grass-type in the Pokemon games.)

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good day RPG Maker Forums! There's a lot to go over today, so let me start with some responses:

=================

1. I meant an area skill, a skill that targets all of the enemies.

Any of these can be used for multi-target skills with creativity on your part in the MV animation engine; you can put up to 16 separate cells per frame. Most if not all of what I'm showing here only takes up 1 cell per frame.

On the other hand, its currently impractical to make screen-wide animations that consists of a single cell due to the 192x192 resolution cap that MV puts on its animation cell size. 

Are this 3D rendered effects?

Yes.

Good job with these animations! I do have a suggestion: spells that use plants/nature in them (like the Grass-type in the Pokemon games.)

I'll think about it. No guarantees though.

===================

Having taken care of that, let's move on to the releases of the day. 

Today we are wrapping up our basic elemental black magic spells with the addition of Stone and Dark. Why two releases today? Partly because Stone can't really be split into components, so I'd feel bad if I only released one sheet. Plus, its the weekend, why not!

=== GIF Showcase ===

Stone

20160124_Stone.gif

Dark (On a white background so you can see it better, the animation sheets are transparent.)

20160124_Dark.gif

=== PNG Download ===

Stone - Full Animation - https://www.dropbox.com/s/an0hww0xdb9f2v9/XStone.png?dl=0

Dark - Full Animation - https://www.dropbox.com/s/yx90qzsstr32mzt/XDark.png?dl=0

Dark - Component 1 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvg2l26ayvokjti/XDark01.png?dl=0

Dark - Component 2 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/kr4k1h0esuop12m/XDark02.png?dl=0

=====================

Last but not least, I've started making a website where I'm archiving all these animations for easier access.

Currently I'm considering how to organize the releases, and am leaning towards releasing in batched sets (for example, I would put the 8 elemental magic animations into one set). If anyone has any suggestions or experience in this sort of organization, I'd love to hear them. In any event, even after the site goes live, this thread is still going to be the most up-to-date place to check for daily releases. 

The website should be ready soon. Hopefully before I run out of my upload space allotment here.

Enjoy!

P.S. I'm not sure if the forum file transfer is over, but I think I fixed the link to yesterday's release. If you find any other broken links, let me know.

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I really like the dark animation. :)  (why did my smiley change styles for no reason?)

How about organizing by type (water, earth, dark, physical, laser, etc) and/or theme (sci-fi, 8-bit,basic fantasy, Light vs. Dark, etc)?

Liandra Aura

Game Director
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:o  It just keeps getting better!

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good morning RPG Maker Forums!

I'm going to take a break from magic spells for a bit, and start getting physical instead.

=== GIF Showcase ===

Slash1

20160125_Slash1.gif

=== PNG Download ===

Slash1 - Full Animation - https://www.dropbox.com/s/f29pdk58u5udcp3/XSlash1.png?dl=0

Slash1 - Component 1 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4g1giz7rmbit07/XSlash101.png?dl=0

Slash1 - Component 2 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbijjbrw931rd8u/XSlash102.png?dl=0

=========================

There will probably be many iterations of physical attack animations as I get better and better at them. For some reason, I feel that this first one lacks a certain... something... but I can't quite describe what. Need to go back and study more video games...

Enjoy!

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are you going to do blood? These are awesome and I look forward to each update.

Yuudai

Burritoman!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
I must agree you did some great work on these animations!

definitely going to keep track of this thread

keep them coming hadecynn!  B)

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you going to do blood? These are awesome and I look forward to each update.

I'm personally not a big fan, but I suppose there's a market for it. I won't be incorporating it into the full animation sheet, but I'll add an extra component sheet that you can put in yourself. Know that I'm making this while pretending that I know what blood squirting out from a sword slash look like... If any of you know what it actually looks like, tell-

No, on second thought, don't tell me. I don't need nor want to know. For my sake as well as yours.

=== GIF Showcase ===

Slash1 w/ Blood(?)

20160125_Slash1Blood.gif

=== PNG Download ===

Slash1 - Blood - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ya7p1entbel3w54/XSlash1Blood.png?dl=0

====================

Enjoy? I haven't tested it yet but I would assume setting the blood cells to "normal" instead of "additive" will make it look better.

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No, on second thought, don't tell me. I don't need nor want to know. For my sake as well as yours.

Hilarious ;D That blood gush looks like something you'd see if you sever an artery. Nice. Perhaps if you feel up to it, you could try a simple blood spurt, like from a cut? ;)  Thanks for your animations so far!

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh my! :o Wow amazing collection. :thumbsup-left: :dizzy: :thumbsup-right:

Any chance of a zip file containing the current collection along with "Animations.json"

Unless I missed it? ...Or if you'd like I could make one? ;)

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Blood is a turn off to some but it's still good to have for those of us going for a darker take.

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You should totally make a sample project with all the animations you've done so far in one easy-to-get package. :p

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been keeping my cards fairly close to my chest, but Team Muxedo Task is proud to present the first offering for our contest entry: the title screen background.1624496085488.png
I love work placement programs. Part of it is to get a resume done by a "professional" even though I use a portfolio in my profession.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serinof