The Game of your Dreams

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Freank, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Freank

Freank Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    What's the game of your dreams that you want to realize?
    that impossible game where you need a team of over 50 expert developers :D

My dream was to realize a huge MMO Rpg game, with a huge world and a lot of different kind of games inside. Like Ready Player One world, but without the VR :D

Starmage likes this.
  2. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 Great Sorcerer Ainz Ooal Gown-sama Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    An actual AAA JRPG, like FF15 but with a good story and not rushed, and with a real magic system (not that elemancy BS), and many more modifications. I suppose a fusion between FF, Kingdom Hearts, and the Tales series.

Starmage likes this.
  3. Milennin

Milennin "With a bang and a boom!" Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The base game would be heavily inspired by GBA Golden Sun, with similar style of graphics and music. Battle scenes would be focused on delivering quick, but impactful animations that look cool (<-- stuff looking cool is main priority!) Longer animation sequences (for boss or ultimate skills) can be skipped with a button press. The music is catchy and epic.

On the overworld, every object is examinable. There should be great detail be put in the smaller details, like NPCs with distinct personalities and interesting side quests that are more than basic fetch or kill tasks. Side quests might have effect on the environment, unlocking shortcuts or something, and they might even influence the main story in some ways, depending on whether they were completed or not.

Dungeon maps should have multiple pathways to the end, so players have choice in which direction they want to go explore, but without losing a sense of direction. There would be optional mini-bosses and puzzles that guard extra treasures for those who want to challenge themselves.

The story would be relatively simple, and much more focused on an entertaining group of characters with fun interactions. The tone of the game would be fairly light-hearted for the most part, but have its deeper and darker themes in there as well, especially for those who would stray from the main path. There will be dialogue options, that can alter the outcome of scenarios; there are no good or bad outcomes made with choices, just different ones. Some choices would be made through gameplay, rather than brought through dialogue.
    Dialogue would be kept relatively short, since the game wants you to play it, not to read it. The dialogue that's there should be entertaining, informative and easy to read.

The battle system would be made easy to learn, but simultaneously have a lot of depth and support all sorts of different strategies. All the relevant information would be made easily available to the player, so they can make informed decisions in combat. Combat would rely heavily on the use of skills and managing MP to keep on casting skills throughout encounters. Each playable character would have its own unique role in combat, but their skill sets would be varied enough that they can branch out and perform a multitude of different tasks.
    There would be pieces of unique equipment that can heavily alter the way character skills function, and push character gameplay in different directions.

Upon completing the game, a new set of options gets unlocked for replaying the game. These options would allow players to auto-skip tutorials and cutscenes. An option for randomising certain factors, such as available playable characters, loot, boss encounters and side events for the sake of adding replayability.
    Like Golden Sun, there would be an endgame area to access from a completed game save that has a boss rush mode, but would come with a rating system as well, so players can test their endgame characters against every boss in the game (upscaled to max. level) and see how they perform.

The game would be awesome and sell really well. People would love the game and remember it as their favourite childhood game (if they played it as kid). People who played it would want to buy and collect merchandise of the characters. They would claim the game is awesome and made the world a better place for existing.

Starmage likes this.
  4. FluffexStudios

FluffexStudios Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    A game of my dream is a horror/mystery game that tells a great story, well developed characters, and a dark atmosphere. I would want it to be a 2D side scroller/platformer with an open world exploration and RPG elements. Something with elements from Hollow Knight, Dark Souls, Danganronpa, Virtue's Last Reward.

Starmage likes this.
  5. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The game of my dreams to realise would be very similar to the games I make now, except much larger in scope and playtime, and also done in stunning 3D graphics. So, a big and impressive sci-fi world, a lot of choice and consequence that will shape the outcome, relationship building with NPCs, and an intriguing plot. So, something quite similar to Deus Ex and Mass Effect.

Starmage likes this.
  6. Lady-J

Lady-J Badlander Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wow, some people are really detailed. I just want a senran kagura game with a more in depth story, in open world, and with deeper rpg qnd combst mechanics.

trouble time likes this.
  7. rue669

rue669 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I want the entire Xenogears episodes in today's PS4 graphics.

Will never ever happen. Heck, if they ever remade Xenogears I would be on seven heaven.

trouble time likes this.
  8. Ryisunique

Ryisunique Detective, AUEI Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I have an idea for a 3D, third person where you control someone trying to find her friends after a forced accident. The story itself would span two, three games. Puzzles on the doors, enemies to hide from or fight, multiple endings which possibly tie into the second and third games.

9. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Probably gonna be some fantasy random flight simulation games. Think of something like "Airfix Dogfighter", "Star Wars Rogue Squadron", or "Strike Suit Zero" (but not in space). But in much larger scope. The scope is either more stages or as well as make it as open world game.

10. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Something similar to Garry's Mod, but with infinite map size support, procedural terrain generation, and a built-in map editor, custom NPCs, weapon editor... and at least 100 different default maps. That is my idea of the sandbox game to rule them all so to speak.