Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Game Genre: Horror

Aurora loves to dream especially lucid dreaming. She has some issues with her family so she escapes them by fantasizing of a better life. One day, while she is lucid dreaming she gets trapped in her dream. She will have to face her fears and confront her problems if she wishes to wake up again.

The average runtime for this game is roughly half an hour. This is an interactive narrative where you interact with the world and watch the story unfold. There are three puzzles in this game to break up the story so it can engage the player in a different way other than experiencing the story.

This game can only be played on Windows devices.

This was a game made for the IceHouse Game Jam 2019.

THF Cover.jpg

Aurora: She is the main character of this game. She loves her family very much but when trouble rears its head she usually runs away from it or tries to avoid it.

Candace: She is Aurora's mother. She is very strict and serious with Aurora but, she does this out of love. She wants to see her daughter become the best person she can be.

Thomas: He is Aurora's father. He is very care-free and likes to live life to the fullest. He wants Candace to loosen up sometimes because he wants her to be happy too. He tries to get Aurora to be more expressive and have some fun with her life.
Screen 3.JPG
Screen 1.JPG
Screen 2.JPG

Last edited:

RCXDan

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Aurora? Heart? Interactive narrative? Gee sounds familiar. :3

Ok ok I'll be serious and say this sounds pretty cool. I'll be playing it when I can.

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aurora? Heart? Interactive narrative? Gee sounds familiar. :3

Ok ok I'll be serious and say this sounds pretty cool. I'll be playing it when I can.
I'm surprised the game got approved so quickly. After looking at your game "Dark Heart" I know where you draw the comparison. XD

dreamfall887

Sun Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I really enjoyed this game. I liked the story, music and the graphics. Nice work! :)

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really enjoyed this game. I liked the story, music and the graphics. Nice work! :)
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed. Making this game last year is what made me what to do a Horror/rpg hybrid game.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, the slice of life rpg game sounds creative and change of pace for me.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KazukiT, sorry, I am not clearly explaining myself. I refer to your game. Your game is about normal life, correct? Or, I see your game wrong. Or this persona dreamland, anyhow it is still an interested game.

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KazukiT, sorry, I am not clearly explaining myself. I refer to your game. Your game is about normal life, correct? Or, I see your game wrong. Or this persona dreamland, anyhow it is still an interested game.
Its not an rpg but a horror (Its my first horror so it may not be super scary). It's about the character trying to escape their normal life.

akoniti

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its not an rpg but a horror (Its my first horror so it may not be super scary). It's about the character trying to escape their normal life.
You definitely achieved a dark mood, so it certainly felt like a horror experience.

And, the monster chase later on was terrifying for me :)

I loved the first puzzle, it was challenging and a great example of imaginative use of the engine.

The original character art was solid, the story was meaningful, and the music helped set the right tone throughout.

I really enjoyed The Heart's Fallacy, thanks for making it!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:
Oh man I've been struggling with event spawners and Qmovement compatibility for quite a while- went as far as to use a tool just to pick crops :kaocry: but Ritter got their spawner to work with Qmove and I'm screeing! It's still in testing period but just- the feeling of getting over a large gameplay hurdle is a HUGE relief, I'm so thankful to Ritter! It's a cheap paid plugin but totally worth it!
Welp, I just finished my favorite part of RPG making which is creating skills, now onto the tasks I like less so the motivation is lower. At least I'll get to create new ones while designing enemies!
New to MV... Awesome forum, cheers everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arthur2007