Primarily Uses
RMVXA

The project name is temporary.
Author: Corvo / Faherya / Duque
Engine: RPG Maker VX Ace
Genre: Fantasy / Fairy Tale
Language: English / Portuguese / French

INTRODUCTION

If you don't like clichés, you are not part of the target audience for this project.

Fairy tales. This is the best definition of what this project is meant to be. Princess in dragon-guarded castles, magic crystals, pirates with buried treasures, magicians in their towers and enchanted forests. You can find it all and relive the good times of NES and SNES. But with some of the freedom that today's games allow.

STORY
Once upon a time, in a world where stories still started this way, an adventurer whose name had been stolen many years ago, a faceless princess, and a king who didn't want to rule. The king was looking for a husband for his daughter, but could only give her to the bravest hero he could find. The princess was looking for a way to see herself because she wanted so much to know her own image. And the adventurer, who had long since forgotten the theft of his own name, did not know what to look for and had wandered aimlessly from the beginning of his own memory.

One day the king met the adventurer and offered him a challenge: "If you can find my daughter's face, I will make you the richest man you have ever seen! And I will have found my hero, she will have found her face and you will have found a goal!" They both shook hands and recognized that this was a good idea. And so began the story of the unnamed adventurer searching for his princess's face.

MEDIA

Some of this content has already been removed and / or replaced, but still represents the overall idea of the project.

GAMEPLAY
Don't wait for pyrotechnics, I'm trying to keep the gameplay as simple as possible. But not boring. You can create your own class by choosing skills from three trees of different stereotypes: magic, strength and subtlety. You can forge and dismantle equipment, combine different accessories for specific situations. And many, many missions. At this point, the game already has more than sixty missions beyond the main segment. Some quick and easy such as saving a chicken merchant from a hungry chef. Other time consuming and laborious things like chasing down pirates who abducted your neighbor's cows.

FAQ:
Commercial or free?
Commercial, but don't panic. The price will not exceed one dollar.

How do you intend to launch the game for such a low price?
This project is not an attempt to enter the market for good. It's a hobby, and as much as I spend here and there with it, it's still like paying the entrance to the amusement park. :D

When?
No predictions. It depends on how much the universe will collaborate with me and not eat my time with survival, dirty clothes, mailing, and work.

Your english is identical to that of a groundhog.
I know, as does my french. For this reason I will be contacting native translators of these respective languages when the time comes to translate.

Lanea Zimmerman (Sharm)
Jonas Zaggo (Zaggojohn)
Jorge Augusto (Jorge_Maker)
Maurício Pastana (Raizen)
(Kyo Panda)
(Sotelie / Alisson)
(MayLeone)
(Skyloftian / Gabriel N. / Revali)
(Dax / Kvothe)
(Cyanic)
(DawnBringer)
RPG Maker Web
Centro RPG Maker

Condado Braveheart
Oniromancie

And some people who are not connected to game development but have shown me the way:

Neil Gaiman
Joseph Campbell
C.S. Lewis
J.R.R. Tolkien
(And basically to anyone who has written / filmed / told a good story.)

Last edited:

Kvothe

The Bloodness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Brazil
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, raven!

I love this game! This really remember me of final fantasy 4 hahaha. I'm waiting to play it. People should values game like this more often, because it's using original resources.

I'll be waiting to play it when launched! Good luck bro :)

Akiyama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sweet Joseph Campbell! It looks fun.

And hey, I know those tilesets- nice to see people using Open Game Art. It's a fantastic resource.

Faherya

The Knight of the Sad Figure
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you so much guys. It's great to know that the project is coming up with the idea I planned. :kaopride:

For those interested in the resources, I use the Tiny 16 package created by Sharm. Some tiles, window and icons are my additions based on the package and are in Open Game Art. They're free for use. \o/

Akiyama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's a fantastic tileset, one of my favorites. You're putting it to great use

Faherya

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Update - NOV 24/2019

Hello people. Apparently we're still around here, and as Stephen King would say, that's really great, isn't it? The project has been moving slowly but forward. For a while now I have updated the posting in other forums, time to have a coffee here.

Currently, the script is 95% ready. I took the liberty of including some alternative missions - and perhaps overstated it at first. Including the main plot, we already have more than eighty tasks ranging from simple collection of items to map explorations for treasures. I'm glad to say that "referral hunters" will have things to look for in certain parts. There are entire quests based on characters from / and literary works. I didn't make much progress in production itself, just in planning. Time is short and money to hire artists even more so. So much so that I'm doing the concept arts myself. It's interesting how much they really help in structuring.

Well, that's all for now. I just came to say that the project and I are still alive and breathing. :kaopride:

FleshToDust

Eventer, Disliker of Plugins
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Right off the bat this bothers me:

"Commercial or free?
Commercial, but don't panic. The price will not exceed one dollar."

Why only $1? The game looks great(first video is unavailable by the way).
We don't expect free games. If you charge so little for your game, gamers will think it's worthless. Why not go $5-$10 instead? You have some good looking stuff here. I like the low resolution style.

Faherya

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Right off the bat this bothers me:
[...]
Hello, thank you very much for the warning about the video! Well, the strategy is this: the idea is that the work of pirating the game is more than just paying for it. I live in Brazil and believe me, putting the game at five/ten dollars can drive a lot of people away. At this time, U$10 equals R$41.89 in local currency (from here). It's almost what a worker gets per day. Now, if I sell at a very low price I will reach many more people. And if I sell more, I can sell for less. In the end it doesn't make much difference for me.

And it's possible that the low price will affect the first impression, but this I can work around doing everything possible to maintain the quality of the game. And of course, advertising. When near the launch - and during - I will try to get reviews from YouTubers and the like. :D

FleshToDust

Eventer, Disliker of Plugins
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh that makes more sense. If you're targeting your own country and they have massive inflation like that I can see selling it for only $1.

Faherya

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Português
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Greetings guys! How's life going around?

Just to update a little about the progress of the project. At the end of the year, I had some health problems and didn't make much concrete progress, just following the planning. However, I received the help of three friends and would like to introduce them to you. Now we are a team.:kaopride:

Jonas Zaggo is undoubtedly one of the best sonoplasts here in the banana countries. He has already posted some examples of his work here, but you can also check out his SoundCloud page. He's creating a fantastic soundtrack genre, a style I've never heard anywhere else. Just listen to the first test. He's creating a fantastic soundtrack genre, a style I've never heard anywhere else. Just listen to the first test. Isn't that a wonderful thing? Here, another. <3

In programming we have Syureri. This guy can fit a 4k movie into a cassette while programming four robots to wash dinner dishes. Examples of his work are on this site (in Portuguese) and include particle systems and missions with external editors. Other codes can be viewed here. If anyone is wondering, yes. That series of classes about Ruby was done for him. Classes are in Portuguese, but anyone can understand just by viewing the video commands.

And lastly, one of the greatest bacon lovers I know. Jorge_Maker. One of the best pixel artists I know. So many good works I don't know which ones to post as an example. You will see the quality of the boy when we update the images here. If that wasn't enough, he also makes Ruby witchcraft in its spare time.

Happy new year!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've noticed that the website has changed a lot since I left in August last year...
One of my kitties after a long, tiring day of being adorable.
We have good wifi here now thanks to a guy who had the audacity to tell the Director "Sir, the wifi sucks. Make it faster and increase the bandwidth" in this arrogant tone. The Director is a complete sweetheart so he did just that. So you may see me around often now, being disturbing as usual.
To compensate for me feeling too sick to interact properly, have an old recording of me calming you with Zelda's Lullaby. https://vocaroo.com/jqTcbzdQTw5 :kaojoy:
Finally found someone to make battlers for me. Just wants $50 for a small one. And $75 for a big one. So who wants to help me make a GoFundMe page? Scratch that. How much can I get for a kidney on the black market?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ordan