Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Non-Commercial game created by TKZ Productions!

A huge update is coming with bug fixes, longer story and improved scripting and graphics!

The Hidden Village is a Mystery, Puzzle Solving game!

Hidden Village is a game where you find yourself lost in the frozen Maine woods, so you think.... Your mission is to find your way out by solving puzzles and seeking out tools to help you escape.

Can you find your way? Can you escape? -- Only you can decide your fate!

Music by Jon Jones

UPDATES - 6/25/14:

UPDATES - 5/31/14:

• Fixed All Files - No more errors! :)

UPDATES - 5/30/14:

• Infinite Axes Bug Fixed - Now it self-switches! ;)
  • Ax Name Grammar Fixed - I spelled Ax wrong! :p

UPDATES - 5/27/14: 

• Energy Use Fixed - "Too tired!" Message only shows when ACTUALLY tired!
  • File Size Fixed - Deleted unused BGM, SE, ME, BGS, Graphics and converted most to OGG format.
  • Updated Graphics - Search points are now marked and I added some arrows! :)
  • Updated Progression - You have to complete a certain task to complete another! Basically!

Download:

Spoiler

Download - 39.4 MB, EXE Self Extract

Download (4Shared) - 39.2 MB

Download (Dropbox) - 39.2 MB

Download (Dropbox) - 39.2 MB: Brazilian Portuguese (BP)

Story-line:

Spoiler

You awaken to the sound of howling wind, strange sounds and someones voice. You immediately respond, but before you open your eyes -- it's gone! Soon after, you hear a CRASH! -- The room begins to rotate, you feel yourself lifted! Closing your eyes shut, you wish for it to be over! The room settles and the sounds disappear, however, it feels colder!

How? It's the middle of summer? 

You open your eyes and find yourself somewhere else, a different room -- a tattered, abandoned room.

Characters:

Spoiler

Hunter.png
Hunter

Hunter is a ambitious learner and problem solver. He is determined to explore and figure out why they have been -- teleported to the village!

Jordan.png
Jordan

Jordan is a more straight-forward kind of girl. She would much rather be home and forget this ever happened, but sometimes she too is fascinated by the unknown forces at work.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screen.png

Screen1.png

Screen2.png

Screen3__1_.png

Features:

Spoiler

Tools - Tools, such as a hammer or an ax, are used to help you get around the environment or obtain secret items.

Energy.png

Energy - Its wicked cold, thus takes a toll on your energy levels. You will need to sleep periodically to continue performing actions.

Energy Share - Both characters can share each others energy when one is too low to perform.

Puzzles - Multiple puzzles are encountered throughout the game. These puzzles must be figured out to get to the next location or event.

Searching - Your player has the ability to search crates, barrels and shelves. However, it may take some time and energy for him to find an item.

Secrets - Within the game are secrets that are optional to find, but when found can be an interesting artifact!

Gameplay:

Spoiler

It's just you, one companion and your brain.

You find a way out of the village by utilizing multiple tools that you find along the way.

Each action you perform will take away a portion of your energy. If your energy runs low, you will not be able to perform anymore actions until your rested.

Your energy can also be shared! If you have Jordan in your party, you can use her energy if Hunter's energy is low. -- Just about any bed can be used to restore energy.

Your player also has the ability to search things such as shelves and barrels. This also takes energy! It also may take the player a bit to find them as the script is randomized by chance percentages.

The game does not have any battle sequences!

Credits:

Spoiler

Graphics: Kevin Ryan Smith, Lunarea

TilesetD: Celianna

Director: Kevin Ryan Smith

Producer(s): Kevin Ryan Smith, TKZ Productions

Splash Screen Script: Steven Wallace

Map as Title Screen Script: Acezon

Automatic Nameboxes Script: Zetu

HUD Script: Aarticus

Item Window as Menu Script: Bravo2Kilo

BGM: Jon Jones

Game Testers: Kevin Ryan Smith, Kyle Blake, 

Curtis Ouellette

Character Creation: Kevin Smith

Map Design: Kevin Smith

Special Thanks: Hunter Dvorak, Jordan Van Savage

Credit Music: Depeche Mode - Never Let me Down: 

Naweed Mix

ARE YOU READY?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yurash

Crazy Cat Lady :P
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This seems like an interesting game, but when I downloaded it and played it for some reason every time I try to leave the room in the very first scene, it just says 'I'm way too tired...' I tried sleeping and then leaving but it still comes up with the message... it also happens whenever I interact with the bookcase. I did try sleeping multiple times but it still doesn't work... is there anything that you have to do to progress? I've tried interacting with everything in the room, the cracks, wardrobe, bookshelf, floorboards, the wall... it just doesn't work... what do I have to do? >.<

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This seems like an interesting game, but when I downloaded it and played it for some reason every time I try to leave the room in the very first scene, it just says 'I'm way too tired...' I tried sleeping and then leaving but it still comes up with the message... it also happens whenever I interact with the bookcase. I did try sleeping multiple times but it still doesn't work... is there anything that you have to do to progress? I've tried interacting with everything in the room, the cracks, wardrobe, bookshelf, floorboards, the wall... it just doesn't work... what do I have to do? >.<
I have looked into this and fixed it! It seems the Vars wont loading, looks like I changed the variable name and it tweaked! I dunno why I did that, but I'm going to update it today! It takes some time because of my internet and computer speed! :)  

Thanks for letting me know! 

Yurash

Crazy Cat Lady :P
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! I'll download it again and try playing it again. :)

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you! I'll download it again and try playing it again. :)
Your welcome! I have been using RPG Maker VX ACE for quite a while, but I'm still new to the way they compress things! I used to use GMK (Game Maker 8.0) before this and it used to just make exe's and a directory (optional)

Let me know if there are anymore errors! I'm wicked quick on fixing stuff, however, I did extensive testing and it should work fine! :)

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to search/take this?

whatPNG_eehnxwr.PNG

It's blocked from every site.

Edit:  Found a bug with Axe. SPOILER WARNING!

Obtained it but don't know when! Got "Nothing found" text all the time. And later after breaking big crate - axe was again in the lower box. Got 2 axes.

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is it possible to search/take this?

whatPNG_eehnxwr.PNG

It's blocked from every site.

Edit:  Found a bug with Axe. SPOILER WARNING!

Obtained it but don't know when! Got "Nothing found" text all the time. And later after breaking big crate - axe was again in the lower box. Got 2 axes.
Hahaha! I actually did that as a small little joke! hehe I'm funny like that!

SPOILER

There is nothing in the crate!
As for the axe problem, I will check that out tomorrow morning when I have access to RPG MAKER! I have not experienced that error yet, but I'll look at it! :)

EDIT: I just played it and I discovered that it DOES do that!! hahahahahahaha OMG I forgot to use a self-switch on it!! HAHAHA

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can't find password in village #2 :(
Its there, you got to find the hint! Its a puzzle, mystery game! I cant tell you how to find it, its up to you! :)

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its there, you got to find the hint! Its a puzzle, mystery game! I cant tell you how to find it, its up to you! :)
Searched everywhere, but can't open tree house. The door says it's closed, I want to use hammer like before, but I can't ;)

My only clue is that 3 pieces of paper, but I don't get it :> Could you give me a little hint?

Ps. Very nice game! Love the idea.

Edit: Ok, got it! :) Passed thru, but it was the end. Waiting for more!

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Originally I was going to make this a mini-game, but decided to write a story! I am currently making a sequel! 

Also, I have a rule about my games. I make mystery games for a reason, everything is a mystery! You have to figure it out and use your mind. If you look hard enough, you may find some secrets!  ;)

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So it was actually a full game? Oh, I see. Waiting for next episode then. :)

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So it was actually a full game? Oh, I see. Waiting for next episode then. :)
I admit, I never thought people would like it, so Im quite glad its getting good reviews so far!

Maxjonathay

Jonathay
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello that's a nice game, and i'm here asking permission to translate this game to Brazilian Portuguese.

Kevin O'Ryan

Kevin O'Ryan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You indeed have my permission, I will be completing the second sequel once I finish it, but right now its shutdown until further notice. Im glad you liked it!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

just destroyed hours of work again. i don't know why I bother.
World Map for the inside of my main character's head. Every spot is an area that either occupies his thoughts or staples of everyone's "headspace"
How can I look up the components for a medieval bomb for my game without the FBI showing up at my door?
I don't think I can handle using the real SNES resolution of 512x448 because resizing absolutely every interface element I had on hand by painstaking trial & error/guess and check (is there any other way?) is KILLING me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyoVsJs