The Insindious Project [Recruitment] - Closed for Redevelopment

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by nelze, Aug 3, 2014.

1. nelze

nelze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

[​IMG]

Under Redevelopment. This post will be updated in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2016
    RocketKnight likes this.
  2. nelze

nelze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The Lead Artist and Concept Artist spots are now taken :) We are still looking for mappers since we're a bit behind on maps right now.

3. nelze

nelze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thread has been reformatted and new information, positions and contact information have been added!

4. nelze

nelze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Programmer position has been filled! Still in urgent need of mappers!

5. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    I am interested for gui design my style is often the same...

I am just curious of what kind of ''ambience''  is your game I mean for situate the style of gui :)  

I can try to show some exemple of Tear of the sky if Cornered Cosmos allowed me but I have the design of Venka Crafting script Candy edition I work on (script and gui design) 

I have some few team i am in but this is not a important place i am just a minor role in it. 

I don't read the story due the fact my english is lacken and I don't understand everythings...

6. nelze

nelze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi! Could we have a sample of the gui you are making? :) feel free to send me a private message!

7. Ryzon

Ryzon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I keep asking to join projects yet the "Leaders" send 2 PM's them nothing. I will assist with this project so long as the team is active, willing to use Skype or hangouts for communication, also willing to stay in touch frequently.

Here is one of my old portfolios of work I can show freely and my about me, mind you a bit out of date but you get the idea.

http://joshua-minger.crevado.com/about

8. nelze

nelze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi there! You sent us a pm? There doesn't seem to be any in my inbox and I already replied to all the emails sent to us. Or were you referring to other groups? XD Anyway I looked at your site, it looks like you're into making gui and logos which look good :D we will add you on Skype so we can converse faster. Thanks!

9. Ryzon

Ryzon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I work 12-8:30 5 days a week EST just so everyone knows. I work 40+ hours a week so most of my work will be done in the morning or evenings. Unless I am off work.

10. nelze

nelze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    All HUD Designer, BG Designer, Pixel Artist and Programmer positions have been filled! Thank you all for your applications and inquiries, it wasn't easy selecting our team.

Voice Acting and Quality Assurance positions will be offered early next year.

Mapping and Level Designer positions are still open with only 3 Positions left!

11. Ryzon

Ryzon Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Never got a word back about this?

12. nelze

nelze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    All positions have been filled! Thanks to everyone who applied or helped to spread the word about the project. We've added image links to our social media pages, so please check them out if you're interested!

13. nelze

nelze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    We're reopening the thread with updated information, samples and even more positions!

14. nelze

nelze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Bump! Really in need of some parallax mappers :D

15. Wuornos

Wuornos Warper Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Sick project, I'm gonna drop an application for the DB writer position later this week, too busy right now with some other stuff.

16. Titanhex

Titanhex Do-It-All Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I doubt I can help you with my busy schedule but I was curious about some technical details. Consider this feedback or assistance.

Your "Mapper" sounds like your typical request for map design, which is nice and all, but what about the functional design of the levels? Do the mappers handle that? And if so, how do they make sure they are creating maps that are fluid with the design of the story and the general theme of the game. For instance, if a map has a lot of puzzle elements, who designs the puzzle elements? And who decides if the maps revolve around puzzles or battles? Having too much of both can make a level feel tedious. Are the enemies placed on the map? If so, how is placement handled?

For your tile creators, are they created tiles along with Celianna's, or in place of Celianna's? If in place, why are you not using Celianna's?

Also, the character design it sounds like you want is called Half-Kaizer:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=half+kaizer+sprite+template&biw=1708&bih=789&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=6aBZVIycF4f8yQTRz4KQAw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Although I implore you to explore other templates on your own. There's actually a lot of them.

Quick clarification too but the style you show isn't Mack, it's RMXP RTP. There's a subtle difference, so it's minor, but to a pixel artist (Which is what that method is) it's enough of a difference.

Also it sounds like you'll have a team of 9 currently, including yourself. That's fairly large for an RPG Maker game. Small studios with a physical office are around 15, and tiny indie games work best around 3-5.

Have you considered instead of having a team, requesting resources on a per-need basis? Forums and many other game/art resource places are great for that.

Perhaps you can narrow the game features down to their "Core Dynamics" or "Core Mechanics" (Google them, or research the book "Challenges for Game Designers"). This will help you get a better image of your game and in turn communicate the game in simpler terms.

All that aside, the game looks great, the art looks really nice, and I love the screenshots. It's ambitious for a first game, but that's pretty common. The presentation is very professional, and thought has definitely been put into it. The nice thing about making any game is that even if it fails, you still retain the assets and concepts and can use them down the line. Good luck!

17. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Yes and no. The style they are showing in their header (Sprite artists) is Mack, the other one they describe as Mack (which you wrongly say is RMXP RTP) is actually also Mack, but a different one than the first Mack. Yes, I know complicated. :/

Mack has two styles: One that was made when RMXP was out and one that was made when RMVX came out. I prefer to call the Mack XP style Looseleaf after the generator you can use.

But yes as you say, the difference while subtle to some people is pretty obvious to me. There's a height difference as well as different faces.

Here's an image:

[​IMG]

Left to right: XP RTP, Looseleaf, Mack.

As you can see the height difference is really big between Mack and Looseleaf. The Mack face is more round and chibi like then Looseleaf as well.

This wasn't aimed at you OP, as I think the pixel artist has been found?

18. nelze

nelze Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey, Titanhex. To answer your questions, yes the 'map creator' position could simply be compared to the 'mapper' position of any game. The entire world has been laid out and planned by me and members of the team, it's the duty of the mappers to turn these concepts into fully functional maps. As for puzzles and monster density, all these have been planned beforehand and we'll be providing our mappers with the information and guidance they require. We won't simply be chucking a description at our mappers and hope they come up with something good, this is all a team effort.

We have of course heard of Celianna's tilesets. Of course we could simply use them and purchase the licenses from her; but having our own tilesets will help to give our game more of its own character. Not to say we can't make good looking maps with third-party tilesets, of course.

I believe slimmmeishke covered your concern on the sprites. Also, our team is indeed pretty large, but they're honestly some of the best people I've ever met. We all have a mutual understanding and passion for this game, something even money isn't able to impair. We're working to create a great game, and I think we're off to a good start so far. I'm not asking for employees, I'm asking for partners.

I believe you covered that well! And yes, our pixel artist position was filled just two days ago. We've received many applications for writers, although we're still in a need for map creators. I hope I was able to answer your questions!

19. taistelusopuli

taistelusopuli Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    @nelze: I sent an e-mail to the adress you gave in the beginning about music for the game. You might've missed it or it never arrived.

BUT!

First things first... I saw from your website that you already had quite a few composers writing music for you. In the beginning you stated that you wanted music from several composers. Do you still have room for one or are all seats taken already?

20. Titanhex

Titanhex Do-It-All Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Ah! Well, your answers definitely give me a lot more confidence in your game development skills and the life of this project. I can tell it'll do great, and though any game takes time, I'm sure you have the drive and potential to see this through to completion. I'm certainly looking forward to it's release. You answered my questions perfectly, and in such a way that if I wasn't tied to my own project and ambitions I would certainly join you on yours.

Also thanks for correcting my mistake. Those are indeed Looseleaf, not XP RTP. Both Mack and Looseleaf are made by the same person. XP RTP and Looseleaf have similar outlines but different sizes, so it seems even I confused them. I'm mainly a fan of Mack, so I can tell when something isn't Mack style.

I guess my only current concern is your team size. While I understand having a large team full of passionate and skilled people is great, the issue still falls on managing such a team. Even at a local restaurant or retail store management is trained and for bigger establishments requires a degree. Managing a team in game development is no different, and offers unique challenges. Infact, some studio operators carry an MBA.

A team cannot lead, motivate, communicate and manage itself. It takes a dedicated manager to make that happen. As you manage more people you work less on the project and more on management. Most junior developers don't realize how arduous and serious this part of game development is, instead recruiting many team members for jobs that can be outsourced or resolved with stock resources. Hopefully you have the skill-set to turn a team that size into a machine that utilizes each members core potential.

I could probably write a whole tutorial on the importance of this, but I already feel long winded.

If you want to discuss game development with me, my inbox is open.

Good luck on your project. Your hard work and dedication will pay off!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2014