Maker of Goof 'ems.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Logo.png

Hey, you there, you like video games? No? You like climbing weird mountains? What about video games about climbing weird mountains? Oh hey, that's good to hear, I think I'm cookin' up just the game for you!

AH, GREAT! THE SYNOPSIS!

The Key on Schmuck Mountain is a Puzzle-Adventure game in the same vein as various point and click adventure games (like Sam and Max, Strong Bad's Cool Game For Attractive People, The Neverhood or Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love) about a Key with legs trying to make it up the odd, stupid and mysterious Schmuck Mountain to unlock a door at the very top. Along the way, you'll solve item inventory puzzles, slide block puzzles, talking to people puzzles, combining item puzzles, transformation puzzles and just many puzzles in general that will have you thinking for a minute at least. Up the Schmuck Mountain, you will see and find many odd sights, an Italian restaurant run by lobsters! Walkin' talkin' mushroom men! Mysterious powder that makes you shrink to the size of an ant! Talk to a worm! Get sent to jail by living walking eggs! You won't even believe what you will see in this looney toy box of a game, ladies, and gentlemen, lemme tells ya!

The game's main plot is that Bil Wizzaduh, Son of Obill "The Wizard" Wizzaduh, climbs to the top of the illusive Schmuck Mountain after a few of his friends tell him somethin' reeaaaaaaal neat is up there. When he reaches the top, he finds a big door which he promptly walks into, which he promptly gets locked behind. So then ol' Bil calls up his dad on the phone to come to help him as a wizard could probably get him out very easily using magic and what not. Obill grumpily ends the phone call, and after deciding he doesn't want to waste his time going up the mountain, he instead uses some voodoo dust on a key, bringing it to life, and sends him out to do the job for him. It is now Key's job to make it up the odd and twisted Schmuck Mountain before Bil dies, or not, Obill doesn't seem that concerned anyway, to be frank. You might as well still try anyway, I suppose, eh? Key doesn't got much better to do anyway so he might as well.

SOME FOWL LITTLE SCREENSHOTS

Game_2018-10-27_13-00-02.png

Game_2018-10-07_22-06-22.png

2018-10-18_19-58-07.png

2018-10-05_21-37-35.png

2018-10-11_21-08-29.png

2018-12-30_18-22-36.png

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished v0.1 of FOSSIL. It's a plugin that lets you use MV plugins in MZ without editing them by making them use new functions.

I have about 40 plugins tested and working so far (including chrono engine and some other big ones). I hope that the community will pitch in and help improve it, so we can use all the old plugins in MZ. :)
I really lack discipline and find myself far too often giving into or at least seriously considering the temptation to start a new project rather than following through on a WIP that's no longer a shiny and new idea.

Does anyone have any strategies or tricks for making themselves follow through with things instead of doing this? Like that actually work?
I'm starting the "Switches lesson" on Learn MV today, what would you like to learn about them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Galbador