Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
THE KING IN YELLOW

a psychological horror game by Dimitris

STORY

Junior professor of glossology William C. Webb is being summoned by a team of professors in an isolated town deep within the mountains to assist with a peculiar discovery. A wolf's skeleton was found on a sacrificial chamber deep in a cave and weird markings were carved on the bones. William's task : to decipher the meaning of the markings.

Where will his research lead him? What was the blue substance found inside the wolf's skull? Who is the King in Yellow?

FEATURES

• A chilling story driven adventure

Original story written by Dimitris and inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft and Robert W. Chambers
Intense atmosphere in a cold isolated town
Original music composed just for this game

CREDITS

Story, Maps and Events created by Dimitris

Music composed and performed by Dimitris

Engine : RpgMakerVxAce

Graphics : RpgMakerVxAce RTP, RPG MAKER DS+ Resource Pack

SCREENSHOTS

DOWNLOAD LINK

http://contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/503#.Vceo9fntmkp 

I made this game for the IGMC 2015 competition. I only had 9 days to make everything and in the end I am very happy on how the story develops. I would like for you guys to enjoy it and have fun! 

This is my second game. If you enjoy it and want to check my previous one called Lethe's Fate, it's in my signature!

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I saw the title, then saw it uses Ds resources.

And I like the Cthulu Mythos.

gonna check this out :D

tlst9999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I played this game already. Story and graphics are okay. And it's worth playing for the atmospheric music alone. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Dimitris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Archeia Please do! It's short (close to 20 minutes) and I was going for a good story and atmosphere. I would love to read your thoughts on it. Btw, everything I have in game has a reason to be there and is not random. Not even the names ;)  (I like depth so I do some research before creating the story).

@tist9999 Thank you mate for checking it out!

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've just played through the game and that was interesting. Although I could predict some of what was going to happen, overall the story was told very well. The ending was especially pretty cool. And the music was very fitting and sinister. You're certainly a skilled musician.

Dimitris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Matseb2611 Thank you Matseb for your words and for taking the time to play it! 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes you Just need to realise someone is beyond help... Still hard to walk away tho :(
100 Horror/Tragedy Sample Maps, Penguin Mech Sprite, & TileD Templates | RPG Maker News #70

Continuing working on abs. So far I have done the workout twice. I am excited to see the results after a couple of weeks. How is everyone doing? :)
MZ: oh boy imma work today
Me, excited: Really?
MZ, doesn't do what I tell It too
Me: I Thought-
MZ: I am Working!
Oof, this "side project" of mine is starting to get as complex as a VS plugin, at least as far as plugin parameters are concerned. I think I now understand why a plugin like this doesn't already exist(that I know of). Learning a lot while trying to make it work though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pomelo