Primarily Uses
RMVXA
SEELE Games presents...

promo1res.png

- DEMO DOWNLOAD -

>> https://gamejolt.com/games/the-lady-puppet/586883 <<

- REVIEW AND LET'S PLAY BY ALPHA BETA GAMER -

- Introduction -

It has been a rough year, that's for sure.
2020, I mean.

I couldn't manage to release a single full game during that time. The only thing I managed to release was a very rough Alpha demo (rough year, rough releases) of Karma Flow 2 - Tears of a Ghost.

I wanna change that.

The Lady Puppet will be a complete game, with the demo being released for the Seasons Event IV.

This experimental game, much like PSYCHE Locke was at the time, will be conceived in order for me to explore new territories and put emphasis on certain aspects I usually do not put enough emphasis on. In other words, it's a game that's meant to make me grow as a dev, hopefully, and test new stuff that will help me greatly with my main game, Karma Flow 2.

- About the game -

The Lady Puppet is a short 2D Dark Adventure game with emphasis on atmosphere, exploration, light puzzle solving and stealth.

The player takes on the role of the innocent Lailah Reah and will have to help her find a way out of Clawhill, a mysterious place that's apparently disconnected from the "outside world" and that's trapping her and all of the other "survivors".

Lailah will be able to walk, run and examine objects and documents scattered all around Clawhill. Certain items will allow Lailah to heal her wounds or progress through the game. Documents will, instead, give insights on the overall plot and backstory of the game. Collecting them will allow the player to uncover the story and to understand what's going on exactly.

When confronted with the enemy, the player will have to be careful not to get spotted by them, or else a chase sequence will begin. Enemies will be able to see and hear Lailah. Their pattern and effectiveness depends on the type of enemy.

There will be another small twist added to the gameplay. I won't spoil it to you, you'll have to play to see. :)

- Plot summary -

September 21, Autumn season. The season of changes.

Lailah Reah wakes up only to find herself trapped in a dark and dangerous place called Clawhill. For reasons she can't explain, she's "strung". Wires are stuck inside her wrists and her ankles, but somehow those don't limit her movements.

Despite being a model student and a nice person, Lailah lacks the courage to face the hardships that await her. But with the help of the Masked Woman maybe she'll be able to find the Spookhouse, the place that connects Clawhill to the "outside world", and escape from that nightmare.

Or maybe she'll perish? Maybe the Masked Woman should not be trusted?

Will a girl like her, always afraid and powerless, be able to survive?

- Characters -

lailah_portr_res.png
Lailah Reah
Lailah is a young, joyful and smart girl that's the talk of the town. Why is she trapped inside Clawhill?

masked_portr_res.png
The Masked Woman
A strange, subtle and attractive woman that wants to help Lailah getting out of Clawhill. Can she be trusted?

lucas_portr_res.png
Lucas Marcimov
A tired and sarcastic man, that's been through the same **** for too long now. He's strung just like Lailah and all the other survivors and also currently "controlled by someone".

micki_portr_res.png
Micki Rivera
A cheerful and extroverted girl and a long time friend of Lailah. She also ended up inside Clawhill and she's strung just like her.

- Credits -

A game by
OldPat

Main sprites by
Sidewinder91

Boulder sprite by
Esby

RGD Implementation by
Fux2
Invwindy

Third-party systems by
Theo
(Chase system)
Victor
(Footsteps)
Holy87
(Options, xInput)
RPGMakerSource
(Enhanced Camera,
Speed Trail)
efeberk,
Ryex,
Gustavo Bicalho,
Kubiwa Taicho
(EFE's
Request Script)
Orochii Zouveleki
(MD5)
game_guy
(JSON)
Tsukihime
(Text Input,
Event Wrapper,
Scene Interpreter)
Adiktuzmiko
(Game Custom Data)
thiago_d_d
(Book System)
GaryCXJk
(InpEx)
LB
(HUD)

Musics by
Kevin Macleod
(incompetech.com)
Ian Laurence
zero-project
Purple Planet Music
John Leonard French

SE by
John Leonard French
(Footsteps)
AmeAngelOfSin
on freesound.org
(Lailah SE)

Betatest by
Zorga
Beregon

Special Thanks to
coelocanth
For all the technical
support :p

Zorga
For encouraging me and
giving me new ideas!

RMN
For the constant support
and inspiration!

And a special "thank you" goes to you!
Thank you for giving "The Lady Puppet" a chance!

'Til next time!

Last edited:

OldPat

Game Designer / Storywriter / Character Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's looks like a great work! Congratulations!

Watching your trailer it reminded me a lot games like the classic Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark and Resident Evil from PSOne, but with a 2D 16-bit feel. It's something hard to accomplish with a 2D game.

I couldn't play it because I use only a Linux OS. I don't know how to use things like Wine and such, which is a shame... ;_;

Keep up your good work! ;):thumbsup-left:

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Watching the demo video I’ve got to say you’re really talented. Great art, great ambience/sound. The dialogue looked great. I’ll add this to my list of games to try out. Nice job!

OldPat

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@CleanWater
Aaaah that's a shame ;\ Too bad. But thank you, I'm glad it gave you a good first impression^^

@Reinarc
Thank you so much, Reinarc!
Lemme know if you try it out :p It's a very short demo!^^

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My antivirus keeps flagging your game as a virus. First time it's done that to someone's game I attempted to play.

OldPat

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My antivirus keeps flagging your game as a virus. First time it's done that to someone's game I attempted to play.
It's not. You can put it in the exception.

Last edited:

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Sword_of_Dusk

I tried it last night. It’s safe. Overall it’s a really great demo! The singing though....I’m going to have nightmares about the singing .

You did such a good job setting up tension and environment through sound and lighting. Excellent work. Also love the art.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I figured it probably was, but it's nice to have confirmation.

OldPat

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Sword_of_Dusk

I tried it last night. It’s safe. Overall it’s a really great demo! The singing though....I’m going to have nightmares about the singing .

You did such a good job setting up tension and environment through sound and lighting. Excellent work. Also love the art.

Thank you, reinarc!
I'm so glad you liked it! :)

It's a game that heavily relies on its atmosphere, so I'm glad I got it right.
I'm gathering as much feedback as possible in hope to make an amazing full release :p

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:
Solovei wrote on caethyril's profile.
Hi, just wanted to say, thank you for helping me fix that event with the step count! I followed your example exactly and it works now:kaojoy:
still waiting for original character contest 3 bust/face dlc release :kaoluv:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxiee05