RMMV The Last Chronomancer (OFFICIAL CHAPTER 1 RELEASED)

Spaceboy

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking great! Really stands up well to those other great games!

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have now set up a Facebook page for my game.
Feel free to give it a like/follow
I'll try to set up updates there as well.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I beat the demo with Raven, and not letting Vass join the party, but the game was
pretty nice and the events.

I don't know if Daery / Daerie is intended or should be deary/dearie, but outside of grammer,
and gameplay, it's done really good, I hope to see the game further in the story to the 2nd
stone.

Keep up the nice work :)

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ShadowDragon I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I just had a streamer play the new Chapter 1 Demo. It was a good run, but I personally found some pacing issues that I think need to be addressed.
Once I get those trimmed(already working on it/possibly done) then I'll give it some more testing and then release Chapter 1 to everyone.

Thanks again for taking the time to play and comment.

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Reworking an important scene

Attachments

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely nice to have camera angle changes for dramatic effect. My hesitation with Mode 7 is in the kind of jagged-pixel look that inadvertently results from zooming in at an angle. Though I guess, if tons of people enjoy Minecraft's funky aesthetics, most folks probably won't mind.

Will Black uses Mode 7 to make prerendered 3D battlebacks for Trailblazer to pretty good effect. You guys are the pioneers (as far as I'm concerned, anyway, since I haven't really seen other RM people use it).

Your reworked scene kind of looks like it has Meme potential.. something about not noticing the army of dudes behind the shrubs. Haven't worked out the exact caption yet. I wonder if you could throw a tree in there in place of one of the shrubs so the entire party isn't so visible.

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely nice to have camera angle changes for dramatic effect. My hesitation with Mode 7 is in the kind of jagged-pixel look that inadvertently results from zooming in at an angle. Though I guess, if tons of people enjoy Minecraft's funky aesthetics, most folks probably won't mind.

Will Black uses Mode 7 to make prerendered 3D battlebacks for Trailblazer to pretty good effect. You guys are the pioneers (as far as I'm concerned, anyway, since I haven't really seen other RM people use it).

Your reworked scene kind of looks like it has Meme potential.. something about not noticing the army of dudes behind the shrubs. Haven't worked out the exact caption yet. I wonder if you could throw a tree in there in place of one of the shrubs so the entire party isn't so visible.
Yeah, Will Black is great. Big fan of his stuff.

I do like the Meme potential haha.
"Can't see us
cuz small bush iz here"
Maybe I'll bump up the size of the bushes slightly, but I'm hoping that the suspension of disbelief will take care of the rest haha.
Thanks for the feedback btw. Every bit helps!

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe I'll bump up the size of the bushes slightly, but I'm hoping that the suspension of disbelief will take care of the rest haha.
Definitely trying to be helpful. Was slightly worried I was coming off a bit mean.

Maybe hiding behind the shrubs works the first time. Then 2 hours later into the game, they do it again and get spotted...

"They don't make shrubs like they used to."
"It's because of your stupid new haircut."
"Whose idea was it to 'hide' the seven of us behind three shrubs?"
"Damn, we failed the stealth check this time."

Just kidding. I'm sure you don't need me writing your game. :)

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely trying to be helpful. Was slightly worried I was coming off a bit mean.

Maybe hiding behind the shrubs works the first time. Then 2 hours later into the game, they do it again and get spotted...

"They don't make shrubs like they used to."
"It's because of your stupid new haircut."
"Whose idea was it to 'hide' the seven of us behind three shrubs?"
"Damn, we failed the stealth check this time."

Just kidding. I'm sure you don't need me writing your game. :)
Haha, I like it. If there is a spot where I can do it, I'll definitely put something like that in there.

:thumbsup-left:

Last edited:

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am almost complete the polished Extended Demo (Chapter 1). I still have some additional testing/bug hunting to do, but if there are no major issues noted, it should be available within a weeks time.
Thank you everyone for your continued interest, and support. I hope you enjoy what comes next.

In the meantime, here is some of the reworked optional skins that I recently came up with...

Attachments

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ping me if you have a new demo released, will defintly play it.
and hte bushed doesn't have to rise, if you can also make the actors kneel, but
you dont have to do that either, while it might already cover from the point of view of the ground.

no game is perfect, it's the idea =)

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Reworked the lighting for various maps.
The public release of Chapter One is coming very soon.

Attachments

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry for the delays. Deployment took longer than expected (with the increased file size) and I wanted to make sure stuff was encrypted.
Should be uploaded by tomorrow.
Here's a quick list of some things I've added...
-Add a differnt model for the Kobold Hunt girl (Done)
-Have the Imp carry Sir Granit off the cliff (Done)
-Modify Johan's line about Undergrounders and Dwarfism in the Pub to be more specific (Done)
-Make Sardsahrk attack happen during the Row Attack, and just result in "Miss" if the characters are in the correct Row. (Done)
-Make Sardsahrk Row Attacks bypass "Guard" (Done)
-Boost HP recovery for Vass (now closer to 50% heal with Full Heal) (Done)
-Add MP cost for Vass's moves (10 for Self Heal, 20 for Uppercut, 10 for Aurabeam) (Done)
-Potions boosted to 175HP(was 150) and HiPotions to 300HP(was 250) (Done)
-Modify any Dark overlay maps and replace them with new lighting pluging (Done)
-Reposition Snakes and Spiders to better align with their Rows (Done)
-Look into AI for Tralla Healing (Fixed order and provided a "Defend" to replenish MP) (Done)
-Modify opening pacing (added credits to the stair climb) (Done)
-Change dialogue to have Shae be more matter of fact/telling the party where they end up, rather than "guiding" them?
(Modified a line of dialogue about the Stone location. I personally like the vibe/tone of it currently) (Done)
-Remove Stone speech from first False Party crew. (Modified a bit of the dialogue, but overall I feel this speech needs to happen to allow the characters to discuss their issues) (Done)
-Have the pots die when the alchemist does (Done)
-Clean up Light1 animation (Done)
-Modify Vass' Aurabeam to Horizontal AOE (Done)
-Fix AOE + Animation issue (Done)
-Adjust MP use of Aurabeam accordingly (Set to 25 for now) (Done)
-Modify "step away from my friends" line from Jett to be less cheesy (Done)
-Remove the "I don't want this night to end" line from Talsa. (Done)
-Fix Shae appearing before the Sardsahrk scene begins (For Jett only). (Done)
-Make it impossible to survive Sardsahrk timed attack. (Done)
-Don't have characters step forward to talk to Shae @ Queen (Done)
-Fixed Holy Beam to be 1 single beam spell. (Done)

Also, here's some more skins I added as well haha...

Attachments

Boonty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The demo download link is up to date ?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
downloading the latest version (1 hour ago) and play when I got time :)
this time, I might take the orc with me (because I think it will force you to take it sooner or later)
in 1 of the later chapters :)

will give feedback once I play it or after beating the demo :)

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Download link isn't working on itch.io for me. Guess I'll try again later.

Last edited:

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
DM sent.

If anybody else is having problems downloading it, please let me know.
For those that can download successfully, all feedback/criticism/compliments are welcome.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
download is working, missing 2 folders, but it's running smoothly for now.
I also check all the character start points, which is kinda intresting, they all
end up in the first town where you need to look for them.

not sure if it has a bit different story later on or the same from that point.

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The download is working for me now (mentioned this via DM, but figured I'd also say here).

I started the game as Jett (played as Daery in the demo) and have gotten far enough to see that character choice actually affects POV beyond the prologue. Will players have to replay the game to get the full story? If so, I'm hoping there's a New Game+ for players who are into it enough to want to see 100%.

As I said regarding your demo, I appreciate the attention to detail and polish in your work. Definitely sets a high bar for other folks. Although I kind of like that Vass has Sabin-esque (FFVI) abilities, I'm not particularly fond of quick time events. Hoping his later abilities don't become overly complicated, otherwise I'll have to boot him from the active party for someone more straightforward. :/

EDIT (11/18/2020): Finished Chapter 1 with Jett as the primary character. Seems like he goes off on his own more than the others. Since the other characters seem to stick together more often, are their experiences less unique than Jett's? I thought Chapter 1 was going to be longer (with a fuller story arc, like they did with the first part of the Final Fantasy VII Remake). Kind of disappointed. Haha.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oh no. That moment when you try to fix something you modified in your game, like, a year ago but didn't want to fix then, and you now have no idea what you even did. Me right now, trying to figure out why my gold window is over stretched?
LittlePIGGY wrote on atreyoray's profile.
Where are you TT^TT
We need ARP_InGameManual for MZ
Oh my gosh. Thank you, Macy's! Thank you so much! You have made me very happy!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What are you thankful for? I'm thankful that I no longer have PTSD, and that I get to enjoy a good meal with my mom and stepdad! It might not be the same as before COVID, but at least I still get to enjoy the holiday!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eryndor