Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ADMtn
Yes, Jett in particular does go off on his own more than the others.
More splits will happen as the game progresses, but for the majority of the game you are together as one big team. (I wanted that to be the case to maximize the time a player got to plain as the classes/characters they enjoy the most)

Sorry I couldn't put out more content soon enough. I really am trying to get it done ASAP haha.

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still kind of surprised you don't want to go commercial at all with this project. Though you obviously still can make the jump.

Some serial fiction writers use a model where they release a few episodes for free, then they charge for later episodes (or for the full compilation after the series is finished). Come to think of it, this is similar to the model the creator of the Nina Aquila: Legal Eagle series is using (first chapter is free).

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ADMtn I will probably release the final version commercially. But in the meantime I think it's best to let everyone try it for free.

In the meantime, here is a rework for the Dragoon's Harpoon skill.

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A work in progress of the Ice Cave dungeon I've been working on.

IceCaveTest.png

sb~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice work. Played it for a bit and definitely see some of the polish you've done.

My main complaint is how odd it is that Keegan says he wants to go on a journey, travels seemingly to the next screen to Pentam, then stays there for 4 years?? If he's been traveling for some time from the Jade Kingdom, maybe make that more apparent in the dialogue when he first meets Daery. Otherwise it doesn't feel like either one really wants to go on a journey if they give up after 1 minute :)

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice work. Played it for a bit and definitely see some of the polish you've done.

My main complaint is how odd it is that Keegan says he wants to go on a journey, travels seemingly to the next screen to Pentam, then stays there for 4 years?? If he's been traveling for some time from the Jade Kingdom, maybe make that more apparent in the dialogue when he first meets Daery. Otherwise it doesn't feel like either one really wants to go on a journey if they give up after 1 minute :)
Thanks for the comment. I might add something more to that. They are later questioned about that very thing.

For the reason they decided to stay put...

Both Keegan and Daery are looking to leave behind their old lives, but more importantly a part of them seeks to replace that which is gone. Keegan misses having a daughter, and Daery misses having a parent/father that is actually present/with them. So even though they both initially set out to wander/explore once they find eachother they very much find that companionship fills the void.

With all that being said, I'll see if I can come up with some improved dialogue that better explains that early on.

Thanks for the feedback! It is always appreciated!

strife094

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm really amazed by the detail in this game and all the charcter development. I truly wish you are working on something new in future after this one.

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks very much @strife094. I have no idea when I will be finished this project (Hoping for 2022). But I'm sure I'll be up for doing something different at that point. Personally thinking a BladeRunner style game.

In the meantime, I'm hard at work every day to make this game all it can be. Just finished up reworking the Defender Class. Now they have the option of selecting a Target to Protect/take Damage for, and every time they are hit they build a stacking Dmg buff.

strife094

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks very much @strife094. I have no idea when I will be finished this project (Hoping for 2022). But I'm sure I'll be up for doing something different at that point. Personally thinking a BladeRunner style game.

In the meantime, I'm hard at work every day to make this game all it can be. Just finished up reworking the Defender Class. Now they have the option of selecting a Target to Protect/take Damage for, and every time they are hit they build a stacking Dmg buff.
Wish you best of luck in your future endeavors. We all have something to offer in this community. regardless how minimal or at most.

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
D757Gaming just did a huge playthrough of my Chapter 1 Demo.
He routinely plays RPGMaker games and has a great enthusiasm and appreciation for them.
Please show him some support.

sb~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Played it some more and finished the chapter. Was pretty enjoyable and well balanced. I really liked the world building in the dialogue.

An issue I had was during the battle results. Sometimes I would get locked in for up to a minute (I timed it) where I couldn't do anything. During the lumber mill assault I ran out of time because of this...

Actually I had this same issue with my game and couldn't figure out how to fix it so I ended up changing from the default battle results to a plugin. Something you may want to consider.

1612090406632.png

Also it seems your playtime doesn't sync for anyone with a monitor running faster than 60 Hz (I definitely did not play for 15 hours :)) This is another issue I had and user caethyril was kind enough to provide a plugin to fix that here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...xt-for-accurate-playtime.131810/#post-1151914

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much for taking the time to play. I knew the clock didn't sync up on faster monitors, but didn't know there was a plugin to fix that. I'll definitely grab that!

I've literally never seen/experienced that Battle Results Window lag issue, and without exaggeration I've probably played over 100,000 battles in my game.

I've also never heard of anyone else experiencing it (in my game or theirs), and I've also watched probably a dozen LPs/First Impressions/Live Streams of my game and never noticed it happening.

So I guess what I'm saying is, it sounds very rare haha.

Regardless, I'll still take a look and see if there is anything buggy within the code. If I find anything/a fix I'll let everyone know.

Thanks for the heads up, and thanks again for taking time to play my game!

Reactions: sb~

sb~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've literally never seen/experienced that Battle Results Window lag issue, and without exaggeration I've probably played over 100,000 battles in my game.

I've also never heard of anyone else experiencing it (in my game or theirs), and I've also watched probably a dozen LPs/First Impressions/Live Streams of my game and never noticed it happening.

So I guess what I'm saying is, it sounds very rare haha.

Regardless, I'll still take a look and see if there is anything buggy within the code. If I find anything/a fix I'll let everyone know.

I wonder if the Battle Results problem is also hardware driven. I never had the issue either but my brother with a >60 Hz monitor and a pretty nice computer would complain about the post-battle lag. I changed plugins and kinda forgot about it, but now that I'm playing your game and having the same problem with my new monitor, it's possible that might be the culprit. Anyway something to keep in mind.

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finished drawing The Queen of the Western Kingdom, and her currently unnamed Panther. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Attachments

• QueenGoldmill.png
    QueenGoldmill.png
    207.4 KB · Views: 0

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Guld
Great artwork and mapping in this game. I am enjoying it and have been working on leveling up everyone equally which hasn't been too hard. But, I still like a game that awards %Exp even if a character is not in the party. I'm not at all sure how the "timed skill" like steal works for the rogue. Do you just have to finish the 4 symbols before time runs out? Or is there a bonus (like extra items or dmg) if you complete with time to spare?

Other than buttering up the developer, I am also here because I keep getting wiped out by the enemy guarding the blue stone. I've adjusted the party several times and gotten the weapons which the enemy is weak to. My characters are all about lvl 5-6 and one spell wipes out the front row every time even when guarding. I like the combat advice that's always given by other players, but it isn't helping me now. I have upgraded everyone's armor and weapons the best I could as it became available.

Strategy? The party does reform differently than I had after the Chronomancer leaves. Should I stay with that. Healing seems useless as the dmg is 300+. There has been no opportunity that I have missed to engage an enemy, so my levels couldn't be any higher. What the heck am I missing?

@sb~ says they finished the chapter, so obviously I am missing something here.

sb~

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@kimo it sounds like you're at the boss that nukes the front or back row. It tells you as it charges the spell which row it is targetting, so you'll need to move your party members constantly. When it's their turn, look for the Row command to change rows. You may need to press the Cancel/X button to go to a different command window when it's their turn... I can't remember for this particular game.

kimo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@sb~
Thanks very much. That was indeed the enemy and situation. I have never played a game in which a character could change rows during combat and also act in the same turn. It was a breeze after using your advice and some regeneration spells (didn't even need the cleric). I just had to keep track of what sprites looked like.

Mahalo nui loa

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@kimo it sounds like you're at the boss that nukes the front or back row. It tells you as it charges the spell which row it is targetting, so you'll need to move your party members constantly. When it's their turn, look for the Row command to change rows. You may need to press the Cancel/X button to go to a different command window when it's their turn... I can't remember for this particular game.
@kimo It sounds like SB pointed you in the correct direction, you do in fact need to swap rows in between attacks.

The game currently has a feature where reserve party members receive 70% of the experience that the 4 active party members receive. So you no longer need to worry about keeping them up/swapping them out, if you don't care to. I'm not sure if I included that in the Demo though, but rest assured it will be there in the final game.

Thanks for the feedback, and thank you @sb~ for helping them out! Very cool of you.

EDIT: Also, thanks for compliments @kimo !
I'm glad you were enjoying the game, well...at least up until you got stuck at that boss haha.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Definitely glad I haven't released a few of my plugins that are technically done. As I learn more, I find ways to make my code more efficient, and in one case so far, discovered an existing function that did EXACTLY what I created my own function to do.
So I was kinda recommended a manga to learn a few drawing tips, I dunno if it will actually work, but I'm liking the story lol
M745veO.jpg
RPG Maker News #12 | Control Zooming, Customize Bush Effect, Causality & Happy Bones on Steam
Episode 16 let's go! We're making an RPG in RPG Maker MZ! This week... even more mapping, we're almost done with all the mapping for our first dungeon!

I have big news. I just got hired at a Mexican restaurant! They're like Chipotle but a bit different... and my job will be taking orders some days, delivering food other days, and of course, making customers happy. My orientation is on Tuesday. Once I start, I might disappear from here sometimes, but I'll always try to come back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jabolo