- Oct 19, 2018
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
The Last ChronomancerSECTION A: SYNOPSIS
- An RPG inspired by the Classic RPGs that I still enjoy playing to this day. FFVI, ChronoTrigger, FFV, Lufia, DragonQuest/Warrior, Legend of Zelda, etc.
- I will try to keep the Gameplay/design/feel very 16bit Retro if possible.
- Turn Based combat, but with thought put into animated skills and battlers when possible.
- Row System implemented.
- Fairly generic Magic System.
- HP + MP system, no TP.
- Strong emphasis on players learning as they go. I try to avoid overwhelming the player with too much initially, and introducing new skills/features as the game progresses.
- Many different heroes/classes to choose from, and for the most part the player gets to level up and advance the heroes of their choosing.
- Choose one of 6 Main Heroes "Timestreams" to follow. Even though the heroes travel together for the most part they have unique content/experiences, so there will be a degree of replay-ability from that aspect as well. (all 6 currently available)
- I'm also trying to strike a balance between providing useful game/story advancement, while providing incentive to explore the other areas/maps.
- The gameplay should initially feel fairly basic and generic, but strategies and tactics will start to become necessary as the game advances.
- Currently my biggest spots for improvement are eventing (although I am making improvements).
SECTION B: CHARACTERS
- Many heroes will be available to play. Not shown here, but playable within the Demo include a Monk, Dragoon, and Mystic Knight.
- Daery the Ranger
- Jett the Rogue
- Johan the Cleric
- Keegan the Soldier
- Raven the Mage
- Talsa the Defender
SECTION C: STORYLINE/PLOT
- The Time Mage Shae travels through the slipstream of Time itself. Recently she has discovered that a Great Tragic Event coming, and seeks to aid Six Heroes in their Journey to stop the oncoming Great Evil.
- The Heroes begin their Journey in the Mountain Town of Pentam.
- They have come together to participate in the annual Kobold Hunt. The Kobolds attack Pentam every Autumn. They try to steal as much food and resources as they can before Winter sets in. Every year the Town comes together to fight them off. The event attracts Visitors, Warriors, and Adventures from all over the planet.
- This particular Kobold Hunt will have a very unusual outcome however...
- Even though this sounds very generic, I promise you that the story will have many twists and turns and will stray from the whole "Good vs. Bad" concept.
- Characters will develop and change as the story progresses. Relationships will be formed, and Blood will be spilled.
SECTION D: SETTING AND/OR WORLD DEVELOPMENT
- A Single Pangea Continent
- 6 Major Kingdoms, each with different rulers
- Multiple religions throughout the world.
- Humans, Elves, and the Undergrounders are the primary Races of the Cities/Kingdoms.
- Orc, Kobold, Goblins etc. all exist as well.
- 1000s of years worth of documented Legends as well as currently ongoing civil Wars set the backdrop for the Story.
- Myth, Magic, and Tales of Amazement are plentiful.
Available upon request