valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Progress Report #6

Finally should have all bugs and spelling errors eradicated( hopefully). I've just sent in the Final product over to the contest entry page, so anyone can check the game out if you'd like. I had a lot of fun making this game, so hope you enjoy playing it. I couldn't implement everything that I wanted, but I do plan on making a sequel if interest is high enough. Or I'll just do it anyway, who know, lol.

shayoko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
quite a good amount of impressive games being sent in,gonna be a tough competition!

i wonder where we can keep track of the results?

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nearly 400 since last count, this contest is gonna be a tough one, but so many good games is a very good thing, lol.

shayoko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
indeed...if i even had half the talent of some of the people in this community...then id consider making some of my storys in rpg games :3'especially since most are monster/demon girl related which the community is seriously lacking in,

i hope people get tired of male leads soon :3

star getting some lamias,nekos,vampires,slimes,dragons,harpy,kisune and other lovable M girls : D

shayoko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
wondering isnt the contest over? i thought it was from the 1st of last month to the 30th?

really interested in who placed where :3

this is the contest page if not one of them,odd i dotn see some i know should be on the list,unless theres more outside that small amount

http://rpgmaker.net/events/2014indiegamemaker/

Last edited by a moderator:

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Shayoko: Yes, the initial entry for everyone to submit their games is over. Now we just have to sit and wait for the Judges to sift through all the entries and to throw out any that don't meet the guidelines. I think you can vote for your favorite on the peoples choice for whichever game you like best. Just have to register here:

http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/

shayoko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ahh thx,over 700 entries....the judges got there work cut out for them!

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
True, I don't envy anyone with that great a task. It's only two judges too, I believe.

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi there, valkill101. Just finished your game and had a lot of fun. Last time I couldn't finish because I was missing the plot item; now this version, you made things clearer and I finished with 20min to spare.

Some comments/issues:

When I choose to Run Away, my game crashed with the message: Unable to Find File: Audio/SE/Run

This time I chose Andrew. It seems odd for him to wield a torch against his enemies when it sounds more like (or cooler) that he's using a flamethrower ;)

In the generator room, after you turn off this last valve (I think), this black thing comes crashing out. He would approach my char but doesn't engage in a fight unless I face him. Was this intentional?

I see you fixed the grille tile :) The one in the room where I found Brianna.

If I press F12 and try to load a save, I crash with the message: Script Khas Awesome Light Effects line 362 RGSSError occurred. disposed bitmap. To be fair this is not the only game where I came across this issue.

It's hard to see the stats of Brianna or your companion unless you go to Inventory or know how to press Page Down in Equipment/Abilities. Just a nitpick for those new to RPG Maker.

If Brianna uses a knife, I wonder why she is listed as having Ammo.

The spiders seem to be hitting me with a lot of infections and I soon ran out of Antidote quickly. This could have been annoying until I found out that the miracle First Aid Kit solves that too, so it's fine.

Thanks for the smelling salts. I did use it.

Some of the jump scares don't lead to fights or more conversation for some reason, such as the room where someone committed suicide when you came in, or the thing that moved through you and out the door. This was probably all intentional.

In the credits, the name of the game is listed as Last Days of Fairfield.

Heh, thanks for crediting me ;)

When confronting the Preacher, both Andrew and Brianna say the same phrases one after another "How dare you" which is a bit of an overkill IMHO. Andrew only needs to say it once.

Typos:

You found Strange Incence. (Should be Incense)

Description of Brass Knuckles - Easily conceilable... (Should be concealable).
  • I like the few puzzles inserted seamlessly into the background.
  • Battles are simplistic, but part of the gameplay involves avoiding battle, managing limited supplies and being careful not to lose precious HP.
  • I didn't like the timer at first but got used to it. Once I knew my way around, I had time to spare.
  • It wasn't too dark for me, but it could be hard to see the sparkles.
  • Overall, fun game with lots of creepy atmosphere.

Fans of zombie or exploration games should give this a try!

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Woohoo, first review!

The missing files might disqualify me, Darn!
I couldn't find a good SE for a makeshift torch, so I had to improvise some.

The creature in the generator room was wigging out on me because I had it on event touch at first, so I had to set it to Player touch instead.

At first I didn't understand what grill you meant, but when I found it I was like, 'Wow, I need to fix this!'

I wonder if there is a way to fix that crash with Khas' script?

I will put the description down on how to see the companions stat on a later update. Thanks.

Brianna is suppose to be able to heal the group, but I have no idea how to do it for auto battles.

I tried to balance the poison with the spiders so even if they hit you, you wouldn't necessarily get poisoned. Tweaking was hit or miss.

Thank you for the Smelling Salts idea!

Most of the jump scares were intentional to leave blank, but I couldn't figure a way to show proper reaction and dialogue in time for the contest for the suicide portion.

Crud, I missed that part of the credits, plus, you're welcome. I always give credit where credit is due.

Your right about the dialogue with Andrew and the Preacher, I'll need to change that a bit.

Hmm, thought I found all typos, but guess I did miss a few.
Thank you for the review, glad you enjoyed it. Next game I make in this genre won't have any time limits, promise. ;)

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you for the review, glad you enjoyed it. Next game I make in this genre won't have any time limits, promise. ;)
Time limit games are fine, as long as you allow for enough time for exploration, battles etc.

Well, you just have to hope none of the judges decide to run away ;)

Glad I could help, but I'm not sure about the Khas script crash. I'm curious myself. Ask the forums?

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Actually uploading one now. I'll be posting it here and on a message in the main contest site in just a few minutes.

Edit: Alright, here is the update,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fmpcftrkv9g5p8/Fairfield.zip

I can't believe that of all things it was a sound bite that crashed the game. Especially one connected to an important element( escaping!). That's what I get when I try to compress as much as possible. :(

kartersaint

Ornate Brain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English?
Primarily Uses
I'm going to raise your game to recommend and make more people view your game! 

Your game deserves more votes and views!

catchthefloaty

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
as somebody who lives in a town called farifield, which fairfield is this based off of? lol

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow, I didn't know there was a Fairfield in another State, It's located somewhere in the Pines of New Jersey's southern area.

@Kartersaint: Thanks, I could always use more views and votes!

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've updated my dropbox link with some minor improvements due to suggestions.

*Improved Brianna's Healing ability.

*Adjusted encounters slightly for each Survivor for balance( Now the Mutated Zombie in the Sub-Basement won't be as hard for Brianna).

*Added a few more light sources throughout the environments and adjusted the brightness in some rooms slightly.

*Made the light source of the lamp a bit brighter.

*Added the sparkle effect on a few important items to make them easier to spot.

*Removed a few broken glass tiles in some areas so you don't accidently step on them.

shayoko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ok! guess ill try this today!

note the game came with a save file

may want to delete them b4 uploading :3

hoping this ones good the last couple i played were meh-ok

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, that seems to happen with my Steam version, not sure why it includes the save files. Did you download the latest build from my dropbox link?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I don't like calling my daily stuff coronadailies... anyone a better suggestion?
Well, looks like I need to build myself a quest system. Or really just a system for "Helpful voices" to talk to the player. I'm sure nothing will go wrong listening to them.... They're "helpful". :LZSwink:

Should be pretty easy with PIXI just letting me write all over the screen. :LZSexcite:
I'm starting to think I just dont like anime since the last one I enjoyed was none of them.
Hi guys, Im new here. Im using RPGMMV. In this community i would like to learn more and become better rpg developer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bootlegtexas