Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
yup yup

Random thoughts

plot sounds like resident evil 1 :3
selectable characters?! : D feels like a basic version of RE outbreak one fo my favorite games :3
gotta say the holes in the outdoor area are pretty obnoxious lol...

Glitch

walking to the left i was getting hurt like steam was there after turning off the valve north of that location i was able to pass
stuck/lost on what to do : ( checked everything as far as i can tell

playing as Brianna,got daughter and husband and have key items

strange incense and un marked key

ive tried every single door in the building and the elevator doesn't work tho the power is on  : (

so whats the un marked key for?

kartersaint

Ornate Brain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English?
Primarily Uses
Another Brianna player, lol.

Actually I like the character with glasses.  

shayoko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
well i always prefer to pick a female character w/e possible and it was between a doctor and a secretary

ez pick :3

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It seem like a lot of people like Brianna, lol. Thanks for spotting that glitch, It's now been fixed. :D

As for the mysterious key, it's for the door near the bottom right of the wall with the overgrown plant. Also, the strange incense will help get rid of the overgrown plant as well. I'll make this more apparent on my next build.
Btw, has playing as Brianna been frustrating to you in any way?

Edit: Holes in the outdoor area, I don't remember putting any holes? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Updated the dropbox link once more with some minor fixes.

*Added extra lighting on the second floor.

*Gave hint as to what to do with the strange incense.

*In the sub-basement with all the steam, fixed it so that activating the power gets rid of the last steam, this way you can avoid the mutated zombie if you're quick enough.

*Fixed the description of the Molotov Cocktail to indicate that it hits 2 random enemies instead of all.

shayoko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ok was in the mood to play more today and finished the game!

Pros and cons are the individuals opinion. if yours is different just state yours and respect others.

Pros

choosable characters!!!(so much love and respect here)

great atmosphere-dark but still able to see

can finish in less then 1 hour(great for those who lack lots of free time)

custom sprites and avatars!

passcodes!(few games have this trigger and i love it that 1 optional door that needs a code to enter leaves the player obsessed with finding out whats inside!)tho its not optional here :3

Cons

battle system was dull but i liked how there was no lvling was a great idea for balance

Stories cliche its certainly  not something you shouldn't have seen at least once b4 but its not bad

^yeah not many complaints here the game did what it intended to do fairly well

Overall thoughts

i enjoyed the game and will most likely play thru all of the characters plots b4 moving on the the next title(depends if theres much of any difference in the dialog/starting locations ect(o  believe me i know its a pain to program)

as the multiple playable characters

is the true value of this game one should do everything b4 giving a final judgement but that would take time so ill just say it was a good experience

Q

Would you mind if i did a video playthru of this for my YT channel?

one thing im wondering

what is up with the ghost? seems random with no plot or even secret purpose unless im missing something
Thank you have a good day :3

shayoko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
just a small no comm channel with mostly rpg maker games :3

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHpJvLc8EhNJ961qDYQvMA

want to spread the word on this amazing engine to who ever would be interested! : D

//

on a side note it would be alot of work but just as a thought

would be pretty cool if there was a secret unlock-able character

and it was a villain/monster

and his story would be hunting down survivors like nemesis! : D

setting up the gameplay aside

after beating the game in the credits it would have a code and this would open a secret door in the character select screen :3

just a  fun idea :3

//

also does the bullet proof vest increase defense? theres no visual stat increase

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Shayoko: Yay, another review! I'd love for you to do a let's play of my game. I watch almost all let's plays of RPG Maker titles all the time, including the bad ones, lol( games, I mean).

The cliche plot was totally intentional. I intend to make this game at least three times bigger once the contest is over, expanding areas and starting locations and possibly getting rid of the timer all together so you can take your time. I also wanted to add more floors to the hospital and majorly fix the last floor just before the roof to make it fit atmospherically with the rest of the game. Due to time( I sound like a broken record, lol) I wasn't able to flesh out major plot points and reasonings for the main villain, so that as well as some added story elements will be my first priority. The jump scare with the ghost and other bits were meant to be longer, more, and deal with a side quest that would have netted you something special which would have unlocked a secret character, but I was unable to push that through in time. Love your ideas, so I'm definitely considering adding those soon. Can't wait to see your play through. :)

@ kartersaint: I'm currently playing your game right now, I'll post my thoughts later today. Enjoying it so far!

kartersaint

Ornate Brain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English?
Primarily Uses
@ kartersaint: I'm currently playing your game right now, I'll post my thoughts later today. Enjoying it so far!
Thank you playing my game. Wonder when my game will be patched in RPG Maker Net. It's been taken 2 days so far.

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It took a while for my game to be accepted on their site, weekends usually take a bit longer though.

Also Shayoko, I forgot to mention that the bullet proof vest only increases your overall max health, as even putting just one point into defence would pretty much negate nearly all damage from most enemies. That was one aspect of the game I couldn't fix due to the time I had. 

shayoko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
a quick run thru of the game,as its no commentary, i put thoughts in the description and or comments instead :3

played as chuck

:3

cut out the boss battle near the end because of it being too luck based

kartersaint

Ornate Brain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English?
Primarily Uses
cut out the boss battle near the end because of it being too luck based
Somehow turn-based needs a luck. That can be one of main reasons why I prefer active combat games. But I'm anticipating the next project of valkill101. Because he said it would be an active combat if he puts effort. 

shayoko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
should mention  all other characters are probably fine

but since he is alone

and they outnumber you

2 of them have poison

unless your full healing every turn

its possible to die in 1-3 turns :3

if his skill was target-able and his 1 enemy 2 times

it would be a diff story tho

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Watched your play-through, you made it look too easy, lol. I also noticed that it was too easy to run away, I may have increased it too much, oh well. I will definitely be making this into more of a free form action oriented game as apposed to the traditional turn based. I wish there were more character sprites to choose from so that I can add a few more elements into this, which is why I'm trying to learn how to sprite. I wonder if the zombie pack came with a default sprite sheet I could work with, haven't checked. 

Also, as a reviewer from the rpgmaker.net forums pointed out, I mentioned Chuck as a drunkard, but he was never actually drunk or around any liquer at all. I will definitely rectify this later, maybe have it as a sort of boost to his stats for a short period with a negative downside a few rounds afterwards. Hmm...

shayoko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
indeed i thought of that as well a active battle thing might of been better

if done well boss fights can still be epic with them

as for the alcohol i just assumed he used them to make his motolov cocktails lol...

once the world was ending he realized his life was more important then his addiction

so it saved his life : D

kartersaint

Ornate Brain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English?
Primarily Uses
I recommend the game named "Umbra". http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/14774-umbra-survival-horror/

This is the another survival horror with "Active Combat System". Hope you get the way how to make your game better by seeing the mechanism of this game. And... "sneaky" this game is open for peeking a project file. You can see what scripts are used in this game!

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the game link. Can't believe I haven't seen this! I'm definitely going to check it out and peak through all the inner workings, lol. AS for the molotov cocktail, I nearly forgotten about my own reasoning for picking that as his main skill, lol. Guess the reviewer from the other site didn't notice that bit of info either. Never the less, I'll implement something there, maybe even add some booze when I get to expanding his story greatly. Got to keep the habit flowing till the life lessons kick in, lol. Thanks for the great ideas as well!

Thewindlord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This caught my eye mainly because I happen to have lived in a town called Fairfield. But bleh, horror's not my thing.l

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Funny story? I'd rather play horror than make them, but found that horror might have been a bit easier to work with for the contest. Boy, was I wrong, lol!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Testing out applying a stroke effect to things at player level to increase visibility. Thoughts?

I wonder what cat meat tastes like.
Some call him... the wacky one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrPhantom