kartersaint

Ornate Brain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English?
Primarily Uses
Be proud of your work! Valkill. 

I'm also a gamer of horror, but I admit the contest seems... well... one game is horror and it's one of Top 3.

I don't know how to tell it about that game.

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm a writer, so it pains me to see my work criticized for the writing, even though I've mentioned that it was meant as a cliche and would have been better with more time put into it. I'm still proud however, This in no way deterred me from making other games, in fact I find criticism helps bring out the best in me and others, so I always take things in stride.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's my very quick and sketchy take on the game (link for info on why it's so short and all that jazz)

*note: I played this game after a 3 hour session to finish another, so I was noticeably tired, and it shows in the video.

+I like being able to choose characters with different traits and priorities.

-The broken glass mechanic is extremely cheap, considering it didn’t tell me until later :I

-Abuse of darkness scripts. Combined with the somewhat lacking mapping it makes navigation a bit confusing. Not horrible, but definitely can be improved.

-Combat is shaky. While I appreciate you are SUPPOSED to evade it, the mapping layout makes it nearly impossible most times, enemies can run up to you while you’re busy with cutscenes, and hard fights are forced on you anyway.

To the developer: The game definitely has a bunch of potential, but is held back by details in different areas that just lower the enjoyment. Having to run while the maps are so narrow ruins the monster evasion aspect, there is no actual fear factor in the actual encounters (the amps themselves have interesting layouts, but the enemies are a joke), etc. Polishing it would help, but as it is it feels like just an action game with a slight zombie flavor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxStyle