FinalBossMan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
projectcovernodemo.png

Explore a fantastical world, fight monstrous aberrations, and interact with a diverse cast of quirky characters in this turnbased RPG!

The Last Relic strives to be a 100% family friendly game for everyone of all age groups to enjoy! It contains cartoonish, video game fantasy violence.
Click below to get a synopsis of the game and plot.
Players take the role of Ellie, young girl in the quaint town of Haven who is spirited away to a world of magic and whimsy. Join a colorful cast of characters while battling through a diverse collection of locales against vicious enemies and devastating obstacles!

The Last Relic follows the tale of a young girl named Ellie who is transported from her cozy, American life to a foreign realm of magic and monsters. Lost and alone, she wanders this new land aimlessly, wishing only to get back home. She's attacked by monsters only to be rescued by a young man named Dorian. It's here Ellie learns that she is far from Earth, in the land of Relics and Relic Hunters. Why was she brought here? And will she ever make it back home?
Check here for a list of game features.
  • A character rich, turnbased RPG inspired by Japanese classics such as Earthbound and Chrono Trigger.
  • Battle fierce monstrosities and quirky aberrations with a quick-paced, strategic battle system, awarding players using varied combinations of skills and attacks.
  • Unfold the story through a genre-shifting adventure: gameplay grows, evolves, and alters to present a variety of mechanics to players.
  • A hub-town used as a base to recruit new members, develop and increase social levels with other characters, and even start your own farm!
  • NPCs with personalities. Players will meet a diverse cast of distinct personalities, each with their own backstory and contribution to lore and world-building.
  • Side-quests that matter; every side-quest is built towards expanding lore and offering beneficial rewards no matter how over-leveled you become.
  • 2-3 hour long demo available!
Meet the cast of the game!
Ellie Williams
Ellie Williams
A young, teenage girl living in the quaint town of Haven. After her father mysteriously left, it was just Ellie, her mom, and her cat. Life for Ellie was mundane but easygoing, until one day she's spirited away to a mysterious new land full of magical Relics and quirky characters. She's adept at archery (and very proud of her A+ in Archery Class) and has a bit of an unhealthy obsession with explosions.
dorian.png
Dorian Regan

Don't call him a thief; he's a “treasure hunter.” Or so he keeps telling himself. Born to a family of merchants, Dorian quit the life of peddling wares to become a well-equipped member of the Asgardian Relic Hunter Guild. He fancies himself a gifted speaker, but his silver tongue just might be copper-plated. Regardless, he believes strongly in fighting against injustice and cares deeply for his friends.
gauis.png
Gaius von Aether

Gaius is a quiet soul who envisions life through a prism of poetry. Profoundly gifted in the ways of magic, he graduated the Velstadt School of Sorcery with exceptional honors. Meekly debonair, he wants little more than to share the pleasantries of life with others. He's often mistaken for being pretentious, resulting in recurring bouts of self-consciousness. Per his university contract, Gaius was required to serve at a Relic Hunter guild for four years. His placement: Asgard.
zera.png
Zera Capris

A gruff, foul-mouthed woman of the sea. Zera has seen her fair share of horrors, but they've only helped to harden her. She recently became ship-less after she gambled away her vessel and crew in a heated game of Go Fish. “T'was a sure bet, t'was,” she convinced herself. Without a ship and company to follow her, she needed to find an establishment nearby where she could manipulate others into taking responsibility for her own work; she settled for the Asgardian Relic Hunter Guild.
Check out some screen-shots of the game.
ss1.png
ss2.pngss3.pngss4.pngss5.pngss6.png
Check out the trailer here.
Download the exclusive, self-contained demo below!

Last edited:

Deckiller

Phoenix
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I really like what I see here. That shot of the black silhouettes against the stained glass backdrop is nice and cinematic. Keep up the good work :D

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Looks really good. I'm on vacation from work soon and I plan on spending a whole day just playing RPG Maker games and this one has just made the list.

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Played the first bit of your game and here's my impression and feedback.

FinalBossMan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for everyone who looked at the game! It's going through some major changes atm.

FinalBossMan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Played the first bit of your game and here's my impression and feedback.
Hey Flesh! I haven't logged on, so I didn't see this until now! Thanks a lot, and I appreciate all the feedback!

The game is going through a major overhaul atm, and I'll take your advice to heart!

FinalBossMan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks really good. I'm on vacation from work soon and I plan on spending a whole day just playing RPG Maker games and this one has just made the list.
Haha, thanks! Hope you enjoyed your vacation! A new version of the game will be released probably sometime in May (hopefully). I'm not too happy how it turned out, but if you get a chance to play the new one when it arrives, I hope you do!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just watched a very good drama. It left this very heavy sadness inside me T.T
I just don't know why, but it's funny.
5.gif
Ugh. The one time I forget to save every hour or so is also the day my computer crashes. That's life!
Even though I spent 100's of dollars on my game already. I think I might just have to give it away for free. Since I haven't heard back from people if I could use some of their graphics. Even from a global mod here. Maybe I can make a donation thing.
you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dagnaj