fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SeaPhoenix, I wanted to say the same thing. I mean, trailer is not bad! But the game is awesome, and watching just the trailer I don't feel that - which is bad, because the game is good as hell. I think it's a little too long, aaaaand...the music, it should be something more...jumpy? I know it does not fit the game style, but there is always some catchy music in trailers ^^'
Ps. I'm so happy that you released it finally! I think the price is very well balanced too!

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, @fizzly! I'll take your feedback into account when I make a second trailer, and I'll look for "jumpier" music ha ha.

P/S: If you want to play the final released version, you may want to start a new game completely. You may still be able to load your previous save files or start a new game+ from the version you playtested, but the achievements will be different because I moved things around and added a couple new things (partly due to your suggestion of customization). :smile: Thanks again for your detailed comments and suggestions!

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congrats on releasing :D

Time for me to open my wallet I guess lol

Biestmann

Studio Biest
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congratulations on releasing the game!

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Lost Art of Innkeeping now has a Steam store page, with an updated trailer (thanks to @Finnuval, @fizzly and @slimmmeiske2 for their feedback!)! The planned release date is late July.

I feel like the process of releasing the game of Steam is more stressful and more time-consuming than I expected, but now that the store page is up, it feels like a real game, ha ha.

I'm adding a few small updates to the game based on some suggestions and bug reports by @Finnuval and others, and will (attempt to) integrate Steam achievements and Steam Cloud - I really hope this won't be too painful a process! I'll probably update the Itch.io version when the game is finally released on Steam.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wishlisted and watched! I want to buy it on steam actually.

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Played your game. Very cool game. Reminds me of those farm sim games. I liked the idea of building up your stuff, getting rid of the rats which gives you access to another tool which leads to something else. There's tons of stuff like that in the game.

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@FleshToDust, awesome sauce, as you might say! :wink: Thanks for doing a first look video - it's very useful for me to see how other people play the game (I'll make it more clear that the player should talk to the butler to go to bed on the first night). I'm glad you think it's cool, and I'm also glad you're doing videos of RPG Maker games in general. Thanks again!

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just wanted to mention that The Lost Art of Innkeeping is included in Itch.io's bundle for Racial Justice and Equality (https://itch.io/b/520/bundle-for-racial-justice-and-equality). Since the bundle includes more than a thousand games and assets, it can be hard to keep track of what's in it, so if you bought or are thinking of buying the bundle, you can download the game through it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

And my first batch of gobbo battlers is up *yay* (images should show now as they first didnt - Just my luck lol)
I've released the game I've been working on for the past 7 years, and wrote a postmortem detailing the struggles of developing a game alone. Check it out! https://meiri.itch.io/apple-pie/devlog/160774/apple-pie-a-postmortem
Petty boss is working today. Hope he realizes today that messing with me is gonna ruin his day like yesterday. I can operate very comfortably on the fringes of policy XD
I know it's such a small thing, but I love when games let you interact with everything. Like pressing A on some papers on the floor pops up dialogue, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ba_hq