Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
And I'm back with V1.5.5a!

- Lots of work on the story
- Small bug fixes
- Small changes to discriptions making it more clear what is what
- Huge changes in the battle mechanics (not visuals), lot's of fine tuning and a new way of handling buffs/debuffs with items.

V1.5.5b will add new characters to the scene as I finished fleshing out all 50 of them. Most of them can't be found or recruited in the demo but it's always fun to encounter them to foreshadow the mass amount of characters you can get to build up your army to fight the ultimate evil!

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
A new LP'r for this game is playing it and I'm glad to hear that he likes it so far! Here is the link:

Shame it's in 480p cause this game can be HD quality so don't be fooled by the pixels ;) Be sure to follow these LP'rs cause they can be your ticket to precious feedback! I'm looking forward to seeing the next episode.

V1.5.5b = coming soon! I am done with implementing all 50 recruitable characters but the official release will be a bit later cause I am busy test playing the game and want to finish that whole run first. Because of the test play (from myself and another test player) I've changed many things to make the battle system even more interesting and fine tuning more of the story!

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I currently don't have enough energy/time to work on the game as I'm pretty busy with work all of a sudden. No worries though, it's only the playthrough/stream lining that needs work. The mechanics etc. are all in place and running. Will give myself another 2 weeks before release of version 1.5.5b

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Here is something for in the meantime:

A fun episode of my game The Lost played by TheGamedawg:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I love the UI ^^
Also tell this tester that alcohol never restore your health/body in game because it cause somnolence and it is just... spirit~!

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I uploaded some of the files in the wrong manner making some things weird and even found 1 bug... Everything is set right but for all you that downloaded it my apolegies.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Play - The Lost - now!

Proud to announce to everyone reading this that the demo has reached a 'finalised' state meaning only minor things will change from this point on that will most likely not be noticed by anyone playing.

Shortly said; THE DEMO IS FINISHED!

I hope you all enjoy it and let me know through rating or feedback what you liked/not liked about the game!

Thanks for taking an interest in the game!

-DutchPowerCreations-

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's great news! I hope you're feeling good about yourself, because it looks fantastic. :)

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
A little update:

- Reworked some things after the last First Impression;
Colour of the dark red changed to a lighter red, this colour high lights important things.
Some grammar here and there is refined.
Visuals of the mountains and first cave got a little upgrade to look better.

Here is the latest First Impression:

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Another nice LP of my game!

I also updated the game again with small things because of this let's play and a test player that is going through the whole game. Nothing big but yes, changes.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Currently busy finishing up stuff for the next update! The next things will be coming SOON!

- New Row names to get a better indication on what they do (that was a lot of renaming for me xD).
- New autosave mechanic that saves on slot and not on last save file (to get this to work they way I wanted was a headache).
- SmootherLoad-Save-Event add/completed/failed pop ups (a lot of changes in getting it to show properly).
- Some flavoring of the story here and there (small touches).

I will be releasing the update once the current test player has finished his run through the demo! Though he will continue the game to give me more ideas/things to work on, anyone downloading a new file can enjoy all the latest implements.

EuphemiaArtoria

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I didn't play this demo terribly long (about half an hour) but I wanted to give feedback on what I did play!

• Presentation and graphical polish is very good. I like the appearance of the little compass in the top left especially.
  • The use of RMMV animations in cutscenes is very good
  • I could sense a great depth to the combat system and in the moments where I felt on top of it it felt quite satisfying buuuut...
  • The tutorialising for the combat system really feels like we're getting thrown in at the deep end. I've played a lot of JRPGs, a lot of Final Fantasies, I am not a newbie when it comes to this kind of combat, but I still struggled to get ahead around this. The row system is complex, with lots of different rows and no forthcoming explanation of what they do (is each row just a gradiation on take less damage/deal less damage?) and you have a bevvy of skills required to interact with it - I didn't realise until the third fight that I can't just move my own characters around different rows, but need to use one guy's special skill to tell another guy to walk forward. Pair this with each character's half a dozen or more skills, not to mention a load of items, there's just total information overload.
    • I'd recommend paring down at the start of the game, spend more time drilling in on a single mechanic and introduce other stuff more gradually (maybe just rows).
    • You don't have to explain every piece by tutorial if you introduce the elements piece by piece over more battles.
  • I found Kaan totally unlikable, and felt he specifically spent a lot of time yelling at the female party member not to do helpful stuff. If this is intentional, power on, if not, proceed with caution.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your opinion and feedback @EuphemiaArtoria !

You're right about Kaan, I want the players to not like him (at least not to much) as he isn't the main protaganist and even is a bit of anti protaganist but yeah... I will be spoiling way to much to explain the depth of that, just play more if you want to know more :mrsatan::popcorn:

The game is not meant to grasp the battle system right away that is why the explenation is already seperated between 4 battles with around another 8-10 more optional battles in between to get a better understanding. Also, the whole prologue is set up in a way that you could finish it without fully understanding it, it even becomes more basic after the prologue as you get set back on skills etc. (not spoiling to much here I hope). I do understand that when you try to fully grasp the full concept of this system right away it will feel like an overload. I did try to balance it as much as possible and players haven't mentioned an overload anymore so I think I'm pretty balanced :), don't want to make it to dragged out over more battles to be honest. I guess it's just how I would like it to be introduced, I can understand other players would want a longer one, shorter, simpler, etc. way but we are talking about personal prefference I think so gonna stop talking now :guffaw:.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
The update is becoming a bit bigger then I anticipated because the current test player is giving a lot of great idea's that I want to implement in one or another way. Will take a bit longer, probs in the beginning of next week!

What I already stated to expect in the next update:
- New Row names to get a better indication on what they do (that was a lot of renaming for me xD).
- New autosave mechanic that saves on slot and not on last save file (to get this to work they way I wanted was a headache).
- SmootherLoad-Save-Event add/completed/failed pop ups (a lot of changes in getting it to show properly).

Now also expect:
- New weapons and armor in the prologue!
- New weapon shop and magic book shop set up in the demo!
- Better rewards for the side story lore reward quests.
- Some battle improvements here and there.
- Some visual improvements here and there.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
It's here, a brand new update with much good stuff! It has rather big changes, I would've liked to keep the updates small that would impact the demo but hey, I will play the indie dev's card here and say that's how it rolls.

The update contains the following;

- New weapons and armor in the prologue!
- Mezun merchants set up their TENTS to sell there wares from giving some nice extra visuals.
- 2 NEW Mezun Merchants have set up shop in the demo version!
- Better rewards for the side story lore reward quests, they now also give party EXP, not only just Lore.
- Some small battle improvements here and there.
- Some small visual improvements here and there.

Download the demo here:
The Lost (Demo)

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Little but important/nice update to smoothen out the way skills leveling and newly acquired skills work. In the previous version skills could 'evolve' but the acquired levels of the old skill where gone giving players a unsatisfying feeling that I didn't notice myself. Thus changing it so you keep the skills you have so the leveling of them feels satisfying. Though you do get less skills, the characters acquired have much more individuality because of this change to make it cool to switch party members out more as old party members might get better skills when they reach a high level then a party members that start out with good skills. To ensure the whole party of +/-40 possible recruitable characters I have implemented points that give party EXP so the whole party can keep up and keep being interesting.

Also, more stuff done for parts after the demo but nothing the player can notice in the current gameplay.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Small update done mainly for re-playing purpose but also for those wanting to skip the prologue and play the game first (as the prologue can be played when you finished the game too).

- Small dialogue changes made.
- More stuff done behind the demo part (not playable).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Love it when someone confuses "RPG Maker (or script/plugin) has a bug" with "I didn't set it up right and it's not working as I want (or gives an error)"
Is animation really as hard as I think it is?
Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.
Blech. I hate coming up with stories. Making gameplay is fun but coming up with lore and reasons for these areas/mechanics just makes me sleepy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nanaya07