CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Latecomer here. I haven't seen the latest. This looks like it has had a ton of work go into it, and that's just based on the "old screens" in the OP. The mapping is really good, the battle system looks like someone put serious work into it, the in-game messagse/documents are really cool.

Most importantly though, it's not the same premise or story I've seen done ten million hundred times before.

I don't think RTP style facesets serve the tone I think you're going for, even if the other graphics remain RTP I recommend changing or even just removing those. IDK. I'm not sure what you're going for exactly, but it feels kind of like "Fallout 2, but the tutorial never ends" which is by no means a bad thing.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
@Guld ; Thnx for the support m8!

@CrowStorm ; True about the tutorial' never-ending' in the prologue part, that's why I changed the game in the last patches so you can skip the prologue so you don't get any tutorials anymore. When the player chooses to play the prologue he can skip the text-heavy tutorial and only get the basic info needed to understand the idea of the battle system and events. Don't know if you played the latest version but much has changed for player convenience and to give the player more control on what info they want to read and whatnot. This so people with confidence can just push through.

I understand what you mean with the face sets and RTP, I wished I could convince my wife that I could spend a couple of thousand euros but she won't let me hahaha. I need to stay in budget and this game is huge meaning that if I change 1 asset I need to keep it consistent throughout the game thus changing more and paying more.

I created this game without any direct inspiration, I just always wanted to play a game like I'm making and hoping others would too. Thnx for the compliment about the originality of it!

Ps. Yeah, I need to update my pictures again one of these days!

CrowStorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, I didn't at all mean to imply your game was a giant tutorial or anmything, just that it reminds me of the beginning of Fallout 2, only if the story staid with the tribe rather than followingthe protagonist. I have't played it yet. It'd be great to be able to block off some time to actually play RM games one of these days.

I have access to a suite of fairly high quality B&W face illustrations (in the same style as each other and creative commons licensed) that you could have for free if you like the style and think there's enough variety in there to serve your game's needs. Lemme know if you'd ever like to peruse those.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
- Added new pictures of the game (and a lot more of them) to the main post.

@CrowStorm; I think I'm a bit to far into the game to make such a overhaul to be honest? I have over 60 characters that will be needing portraits because the player will eventually build up his own army to fight 'something' (not gonna spoil). And to match all those characters with all the emotes that are needed is just gonna be too much I think. I thank you for the offer though and if you wouldn't mind I would love to see how it looks just to tease myself xD

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sounds like some nice changes DPC. Haven't played it in over a year will check it out asap.

CrowStorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, if you need 60 portraits w/ emotes the resources I have sitting around won't help you. I've only got 108 images, none of them have emotes, and it'd be optimistic to guess you could use half of them (most of them are either very classical fantasy specific, very scifi specific, or very specific to some other genre).

I'm not going to share a bunch of assets I (think that I) spent actual money for just to satisfy your curiosity, but I guess there's no harm in pasting one so you can get an idea of the style:

TCP Human 2.jpg

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Yeah that defo looks more mature. It's just a shame that I don't have 10k as budget but otherwhise I would have gone for a whole different style from tileset to character portraits to plugins. The game is just that big that it will cost too much. Who knows, once I get this game out and it runs good enough and gets picked up enough I will go for a smaller type of game and do just that. Thnx for showing though!

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Small update:

Through feedback about the demo the following has been added/changed;

- Skills that can level up and that are already acquired don't start at level 0 for the main characters.
- Added 'Skill LevelUp' page to the information book so the player can understand what changes.
- Added some music (drums) to the selection screen after starting your first game.
- Added some more visuals to the opening scene of the prologue.
- Changed some words/sentences here and there.

Thank you (the players) for all their feedback and kind words! You made this game evolve further then my own expectations!

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Another small update:

- Tweaked the start to entice more compassion from the player for the tribe.
- Added a option to skip the Prologue (the whole part that you play as Kaan), I think that is a pretty cool feature!
- Deleted 1 text wall and just gave the character the weapon (Ragno dual wield) so the player can expierence it rather then read it - buy the weapon - and then expierence it.
- When recruiting Sharona and fighting the ones that forced her to do something she now says something too, stupid me never thought about it as it was already part of the story before she came into the picture as a recruitable character.
- All skills that can be leveled up indicate what their base cooldown was to entice the players to keep leveling their skill as they are remembered what their base cooldown for a skill was.
- Small dialogue changes

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Update:

- A lot of fine tuning of the story line in the prologue to intrigue more.
- Lots of small sequencing re-done to look better.
- 1 new song added.
- Found minor bugs that I think only I notice so far xD, but they are fixed.

Hope you enjoy for the new players!

Also proud to reach +200 download (228 to be exact)! Thank you for everyone taking interest since I put the demo out last year!

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds like lots of nice updates.

Looking forward to seeing the new version tonight on Jacks Twitch!

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Here is the 1st playthrough by Jack! If I'm lucky he will put me in the next shedule for next month, we'll see. I'm already gratefull for the playthrough!

So you all know, an update will also be done soon as Jack mentioned he would like an explenation on CD reduction and TP gain in the 'detailed explenation tutorial' and it makes sense for the people that are chosing the detailed tutorial option. The explenation books (for the players that pick the short tutorial and want to read up about some things) have also got a revision to stream line better with the information Jack suggested.

Jack also mentioned some ideas about the text/words and typos to bring across the feeling I want players to expierence.

Both these things are kinda minor in the grandeur of the game but I think most welcome to the players that are interested in either the explenation part or the general feeling for the story.

-------------->> Update has been added <<------------------

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Another LP'r that played my demo! He will even show off the beta of the rest of the game so if you care for lp'rs like this please subscribe to his channel;

Many things have been changed and updated because of hit playthrough. Mainly logic wise things, grammar stuff and streamlining things.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Another nice update thanks too Bugfragged who is awesome and JackOfAllOps!

- Major overhaul for the TP system thanks to JackOfAllOps, entwined the accumulation of the TP into ordinary attacks and skills making the TP flow feel more frequent and natural.
- Removed the TP item 'Flask of Spirit' from the game as that breaks the whole mechanic right now and in logical terms it is weird you can drink a potion to get technical points to use skills.
- Many minor adjustments to the story and grammar thanks to Bugfragged!

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Bug squash patrol rapport!

- TP was lost after a set amount of time outside of battle ->FIXED<-
- TP gain from certain skills wasn't working properly ->FIXED<-
- The group cooldown for battle skills wasn't working ->FIXED<-
- The group cooldown wasn't explained in the tutorial or books ->ADDED<-
- Made the descriptions more readable ->CHANGED<-

Sorry to the people that downloaded the game in between my last post and this one... I do NOT recommend overwriting your old save file because it can cause lag. Ofcourse, I do understand if you don't want to start all over again. Thank you for your understanding.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Another update after test playing myself;

- A new counter system implemented. Finally got rid of the weird visuals when a melee countered a ranged attack.
- Much more gold to be gained from fighting random encounters. It feels more rewarding now and easier to upgrade your armor and weapons.
- A lot of small fixes like; more clear/stream-lined descriptions, grammar checks, storylines added, a small cut scene added and fine-tuning of the other new systems implemented after the recent updates.

So in short, it will all play out and feel much smoother then it did before!

-->EDIT 12-3-20<--
- Counter indication was showing when it shouldn't ->Fixed<-
- Set up a new EXP curve (late levels are hard to get too now) to balance things out. This is mostly noticable after the demo part so current players shouldn't really notice.

Last edited:

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Played your game.

The combat isn't good in my opinion. I mention at the end of the video why I didn't like the combat.
I don't understand the benefit of the row system or why I should move to specific rows.
I can still attack all enemies from any row. The only thing I saw with the rows were being able to give myself certain buffs if I'm in a certain row. I found all but the main character to be useless also. He deals good damage while everybody else deals a 10th of the damage if they're lucky.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
@FleshToDust I've watched the video :popcorn:. First off; thank you for your time and the feedback given!

Though, I think the game concept (mechanical wise and story wise) isn't to your liking, you still gave me some nice ideas on the UI mechanics.

I don't know how I should feel about the bashing on the battle system when you just skipped the tutorial about it. I know you get that it would have explained most of your questions (and taken away your frustrations), though I still think you wouldn't like the system idea it would've made things much easier and faster to win.

It's a shame the story didn't hook you either, neither the tactical part, the story building part or the story lore. Still, thank you for your time and insights I do appriciate it and will try to work on some things!

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seeing a sign that says "Story Lore" to me says "text wall" so it's something I tend to avoid. Apologies if I came off as bashing. I was just frustrated near the end.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
No not at all, I understand the frustration and can still take some feedback out of that. As a matter of fact I already changed some of the wording and explenations. This way I hope it doesn't bug out players like yourself to skip it and have an even worse expierence.

It's just a shame for me (the developer) when the game can't get the players to understand/like it because something gets skipped and I can't think of a way around that without cluttering the screen or prompting more and more info (that I'm not gonna do).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This is on the Amazon page for the FF7 Remake: 'If you get the game early, please think of others and don't spoil it for them. Please don't post videos or screenshots of the game until it is officially on sale on April 10.'
Gave my avatar an update, stay safe, people!
I'm currently available for hire for scripting (and perhaps other things).
Also, don't worry, the Advanced Minimap plugin is a work in progress.
Hallelujah! Work is getting stricter on humans in the store.
Day 3 of mapping... at least the whole game its just one location :3 (Still taking forever...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RitBro