RMMV The Lost -DpC- || Play the Demo now! ||

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Battle balance update:

- Balanced the combat more by nerfing the row buffs. Because they now give a smaller buff, players that don't understand the mechanic that well will have a easier go. While players utilizing the mechanic will still have a rather big advantage.
- Balanced some of the enemies because of this change.
- Changed a bug in the 'Rat plague' side quest not showing up the correct number of enemy kills in the side event.

Also another review of this updated version with an even higher score of 4.5/5 stars! Didn't expect him to play it right away and post it but here it is; :mrsatan::guffaw:

I instantly updated the game with some of the things he encountered so:

- Changed a few grammar issues.
- Changed a bug that showed the wrong amount of gold being taken.
- Changed the health of the Rikta Tribe captain to be 50% higher.

Hope you will enjoy if you decide to play the game! Don't forget to leave me some feedback one way or another ^^

awkaiyoki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The Lost

Firstly.

After spending some time playing your game, The Lost, I don’t think I could add more credit than you’ve received so far. The introduction shows from the start a great understanding of what’s ahead. The digital art work, original and very well done adds to the feel of the game and what it is about.

Story.

The large area torn by war is detailed and has so much going on, it’s great, a really impressive amount of event making clearly, meaning you spent a great deal of time creating the scenes that really explain the setting complemented by the music along side, which does not feel out of place. Everything works closely with no holes to dig at.

Player experience.

I really did want to note how player friendly it is when playing. There is a tutorial tied in with the game play offering the best way to learn and play. There is no sense of feeling lost in the maps when exploring, key signs such as the red X’s display the boundaries of where you can and cannot go to. There are also prompts of where loot is dropped. I certainly enjoyed picking up the fallen soldier’s gold

Battle.

The battle system is a key highlight, with a neat set of mechanics, being able to switch equipment to use different abilities as well as give commands. Player movement really does offer a great feel of each action having importance. I also liked how some equipment that could be removed increases agility, these are small things which can be missed. I noticed because that’s something I’ve been experimenting with. Each action has a balanced effect making the battle feel fair and not too one sided.

Animations and Art.

The animations are very well made and well, we can’t escape the RPG Maker sound effects which were used. You’re battle music is original and fits the mood great. The artwork fits 100% and is very well made. You’ve taken your time to give the best quality and that really has shined through.

The creator

Your originality and story writing really work well together, I like that you were able to add some humour (without spoiling the game) when defeating a certain NPC early on. Given I spent just 20 minutes playing before writing. I really will look to covering your game more. You really know what you’re doing and the support from the people here really shows you can make this a great success, and I really hope, yourself, and your game become a great success. Good Job.

I hope you enjoy the review. No strings attached, wanted to show some appreciation. I'm getting around the review side of things, bare with me. :)

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Thank you for taking the time to play through the first part of the demo and for giving me your opinion @awkaiyoki !

You're right about the sounds. I can also say that there are a few default animations for some skills. Both will be addressed when I've finished the game because I've spent so much time polishing that the game's story development came to a halt. I just wanted to point out that I know what you mean and it will be addressed once I finish this game.

I will be looking forward to more of your feedback, and if you find any other 'weaker' points it will be very appreciated as this game has gotten this far because of the input the RPG community gave me!

----------------
Edit 2-4-2020
----------------
- Changed the % chance when using shouts to move the enemies into a different row to 100% making it certain that the enemy will be moved (or indicate that they can't be moved). There is already a cooldown added of 2 turns. I did this because the misses when using the skill became tedious.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I've received a 5 out of 5 stars now! He already played 1 part of the game and now he played the other part adding to his last score of a 4/5 to a 5/5! Here is the video;

He first played the game and after that the prologue. Was good to see someone playing it reverse order and finish is (even when picking hard mode).

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
A new play from @padr81 :

Updated game file contains:

- Grammar fixes
- 4 extra fights between the first 2 tutorials to give the player more room to understand the concept of the thaught mechanic.
- Changed the word turns for the skills that use them to actions as it better indicates what it does.

Future update;

I've decided to start looking for a composer for the battle victory theme, looking forward to add in a more suitable victory theme to the game as it is a huge part of it. A 'special thanks' will be added to the credit list for the composer of this tune!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gamer4500