Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Yeah, in no way it justifies his actions, as also hinted by Ragno already, Kaan seems to be 'losing it'. But some people that go mental are pushed that way by certain actions. ^^

Yeah same with my game, some will have a bigger story depending on their importance and other just go along or need something (basic recruits). It's impossible to get everyone a real background as that will just make it insanely complex for the player.

I'm hoping what you said, players will understand, and with some characters having big 'side quests' (that are linked to the main story), I hope they feel like it is balanced.

In the cave in the prologue there are much hints about Mezun being a city once but now a prison, that will be the spot where you build your headquarters and build up a stronghold against the Fallen. *Cough*Cough* Title menu picture *Cough*Cough*
Short version, yes, it includes base building and army building.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone, because of a good amount of feedback given by all of you, I've been busy with working through it all and it was a LOT of feedback. Thank you all for that!

Pick up the game demo here and expierence the story of 'The Lost':
Game demo: The Lost

Here is the change log:
- Rewrite of gamepage intro information.
- Changed battle skills; Deleted a entire group of skills (moving skills) and added 2 more standard moving skills for every character.
- Renamed the starting option of the game to: Epilogue and Prologue to represent more what they are.
- Renamed the tutorial selections to: Simple story tutorial - Detailed story tutorial. This to let the player know it will still learn them the game.
- Changed explenations to be short even when picking the detailed version of the tutorial.
- Gave the player more battle items from the start in the epilogue. This to make Mila more usefull. Also changed the medicinal potions to the highest tier in the epilogue so you can cure fascinations.
- Fixed the side quest 'starving' in the epilogue.
- Changed that you can't enter deeper into the cave in the epilogue without having Mila's spells and thus finishing the tutorial.
- Changed some dialogue to stream line it with the other changes.
- Rather then changing the choice option to wait for player input, I'll keep it on first selection, the problem was text speed being shown to slow for some thus them mashing the continue button. Prompted the player that they can change text speed from the get go in the first message shown when in the epilogue.
- Ragno starts 1 level higher (was 3 now 4) and with +200HP to be more of a 'hero' type like Kaan.
- Starting enemies in the prologue (and at the Denari tribe that is not playable in the demo version) give more XP so the party with Ragno levels up faster in that section of the game and GOLD so they can buy more things.
- Changed the way items are handled, no more tiers just Battle and Healing items cooldowns.
- Tweaked several AI's, and tweaked AI's more when choosing the hard difficulty in the epilogue.
- Added 10% defence when using focus.
- The normal attacks of stomping beast enemies no longer pushes characters out of their row.
- Ragno and Kael will gain skills to move allies and enemies just like Kaan and Jomal, this to give the player early acces to moving enemies and allies with skills.
- Barrier skills have been removed from the game, they acted a bit wonkey and it was a small mechanic with 0 proper backbone to it.
- Can't leave CaveF2 room with mini boss if you didn't open the chests there to receive a 'key' item.
- Medicinal potion (cure) is changed to be able to cure Fascination and Confusion from the start.
- Made it so you have to get Mila's magic skills first and progress the main story further before you can enter the cave, many struggle without magic in there + the tutorial is finished after getting magic, makes more sence.
- Added a Mezun merchant in the epilogue as I hear many people mentioning that they are searching for a shop keeper.
- New entrance scene when entering the palm forest for the first time.
- Added small troops of Fanged in the palm forest.
- AI tweaks to accompany all the new changes regardings skills and battle.
- In Dokta I changed the 'empty house' events so it doesn't fade out the screen and gives a nicer flow to the gameplay.

Boonty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally !

A new playthrough to celebrate this ? :LZScheeze:

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Wanted to let everyone know that I found several small issues since the last update and I fixed them all.

I spelled Resources as Recources and nobody has ever told me! How dare you all :razz:

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
But seriously though, how come people keep finding grammar errors, is my english that bad? :mrsatan: It's been like almost 2 years since I launched the demo :stache:

ADMtn

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But seriously though, how come people keep finding grammar errors, is my english that bad? :mrsatan: It's been like almost 2 years since I launched the demo :stache:

Haha. Sorry, I really wasn't looking out for grammar errors and typos. I knew you weren't a native English speaker so I just kind ignored those errors while I was playing.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Noooooooooo! How dare you have pitty on me *sob*sob* ;_; As a Dutch person we put more value in results. Not saying I'll 1 on 1 take over any suggestion, but I will definitly consider it, especially typos and sentence structuring.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Small update:

- Re-positioned the hit boxes of some enemies, some where WAAAAAAY off.
- Changed the Mezun Merchant in the epilogue to not sell the crystals that are OP, it kinda unblanced the epilogue. He sells some shields now though for Jomal to use.
- Made Jomal a bit slower as he should be a slow tank and not a fast one.

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Many thanks to all the feedbackers again! I can't stress this enough. Special thank to halibabica! Who did a full playthrough on his channel (of an older version) from start to where the game currently ends. Thanks!

Medium/big update:

- New scene event in sidequest; Mikatu and the fanged.
- Changed single target 1 hit weapon skills to always afflict their ailment/dot.
- Changed the background colour of menu's and chat boxes to be a little bit less transparent so you can see the text a bit better.
- Changed a tiny bit of dialogue in the tutorial part to give more information of Kaan his relationship with Mila and Jomal.
- All quests give party exp upon completion now.
- Small balance changes of enemies.
- Small grammar fixes.
- Small bug fixes.
- Small icon visuals changes.
- Added a fast travel system with the destination signs and linked them to the base that the player can build.
- Added better music (background and battle music) for the Lone mountain representing the scene better.
- Added a visual que to whoever leveled up so the player knows who faster.
- Added better hinting on some quests of what could/would happen on the choices you make.
- Fixed a TP bug that gave you too much TP when using certain Supporter skills.
- Fixed a bug with the enhancement crystals not giving the proper amount of turns.
- Fixed more hitboxes of enemies.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
!!! Happy new year !!!
First the launch of the official game **DISCORD SERVER**!
**Join up now!** : https://discord.gg/TgwmhsjqQ8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Dec.31 2020

Change log:
- Button implemented for discord, can be found on the title menu in game.
- New spells can be bought at the books merchants
- New weapons can be obtained by doing fights in the pits and hunts at the guild by defeating the opponent/boss.
- * New hunts added to the Dudok Guild.
- * New story lore to be found in the sand dunes when you have the All Seeing Eye.
- New fights added to the fighting pit.
- * New can now fast travel between the signs if both are finished. I know, it's very minor but for convenience purposes.
- * Recruit Tiuri after completing all 4 fighting pit fights.
- Further changed the way Focus (defend) is handled, now also gives a small regen on MP, HP and TP.
- Fixed the bug in the Mikatu quest (finally figured it out!)
- Fixed AI bug not healing allies.
- Fixed a LOT of grammar issues.
- * Made a extended demo cut for beta testing purposes, ask me how if you wish to continue after the initial demo ending.

* = Playable in the extended demo for testing purposes.

Anthony Xue

Ancient Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Alright!

First of all, I'm quite impressed with the graphical polish and the amount of effort you are still putting into this despite having a job and a family. This is obviously a work of love, and it clearly stands out among RPG Maker games.

However, when playing through the demo (played the Kaan tutorial until the fight against Knowledge and the main game until the side event fight against the Fanged Chieftain) I couldn't help but notice the following:

1) Major bug - right after the fight against the Fanged Chieftain comes a cut-scene where Kael says "Look over there!" or something similar, and then the program hangs. No reaction to any input. Tried again, didn't help. So unless that is fixed, I don't think I will continue playing...

2) The writing - going through the thread, I see that there have been numerous revisions, but I must admit I still find it lacking. The setup, the setting and the initial characters were enough to intrigue me at first, but that didn't hold up for long; I got the distinct impression that you had a clear idea of what you wanted to bring across, but (as a non-native speaker) ultimately lacked the necessary tools to do so. Now while I do think that there's massive room for improvement, that would take a ton of work and someone really proficient with language, so it's up to you whether you decide it's worth it (since there seem to be several reviews that are quite positive about the writing, and for RPG Maker standards, it's still rather solid).
That being said, some parts that could be changed with little to moderate effort:
  • There's still a high amount of typos/oversights (for instance, the letters you can find in the mountain cave (tutorial, 5 letters side event) begin with "Dear Chieftan" instead of "Chieftain"; the Riktan Woodcutter in the Palm Forest is called "Riktan Captain" in the dialogue window)
  • The use of modern expressions like "Cya, bro" really put me off. I understand you want to introduce some lightheartedness to the grim setting, but are you sure this is the way to do it?
  • Far, far, far too many "Damn it!" shouts. How about an in-game expression like "By the Glowing Flame!" ? Especially for Kaan this could add some depth. After all, he's the honorable chieftain of the tribe, not a road rowdy, right?
  • There are (at least) two different "Burning Crystals", i.e. same name, but different power level. They can be identified by the different graphics, but it's still confusing. How about naming one "Flaming Crystal", "Seething Crystal" or something likewise?
3) The combat system - I'm not too fond of it, but that's probably a matter of personal preference. I found common battles to be too slow and therefore too frequent for my taste, and I never felt I had sufficient information to properly execute my plans. For example, what exactly triggers the "Fight Back" counterattack? Didn't find that in the books, and it wasn't explained in the tutorial either. Then, there are skills that say "Add to ATK and MAT for 10 turns" - but how much? Is it worth it to spend an action on them? And so on. Just to make sure, I'm aware that there's supposed to be a certain "trial and error" component (which is always difficult to get balanced).

4) About the tutorial - I noticed this has been mentioned earlier, but why is there rain in the desert? This desperately wants to be an upcoming sandstorm, right? Not sure if there's a template around for that, but a snow template modified to a light brown should work as well.

I think that's it for now. Probably more once the quest bug is fixed.

Happy Crafting and Happy New Year!

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Thanks for that Anthony! I can see you really like to be sucked into the world of the RPG. Some choices I made on design could indeed put you a bit off. I will work on this the coming days as your feedback has some really great suggestions in it.

I indeed need to update the books with further detailed information on how the Focus system works and I never thought of explaining how much ATK and such give. Like I said, many good suggestions!

1 Thing is stressing me a bit though, it's the letters. They are made by writers, but multiple times now I've gotten feedback that they have grammatical errors in them. I personally don't want to touch them too much so I'll only be taking the 'dear' out of it for now.

So, next update will be in a few days so I can try to replicate the bug you had and fix it. I'll also put some of your suggestion from your feedback in it. Thanks!

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Update: Jan.10 2021 Change log:
- Added unique names to the same sort of items.
- Added information to the information books about states to show what they exactly do.
- Added extra info about the command/skill focus and re-written its explanation.
- Added a 'skip scene' function to the starting scenes of the game and the intro.
- Re-Balanced EXP side quest rewards for the Fighting pit and the Dudok guild.
- Re-Balanced some of the fighting pit fights.
- Fixed grammar issues here and there.
- Fixed many grammar issues with 'The hunt begins' side quest.

Grab the newest version here:

Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Update 17-2-2021

Changelog:
- * Added 2 more side quests at the Denari Tribe.
- Added much more flavoring to the text in the intro/tutorial part of the game.
- Added a switch. When you pick the hard difficulty after the intro, you won't get the tribe key.
- Added a switch in the fight against the fanged chieftain. Torun will now behave differently when he hasn't joined the fight because you beat the chieftain too fast.
- Fixed a bug with the Merchant not popping up in a later stage of the intro.
- Fixed a few small bugs in side quests and the side quest log.
- Fixed a very persistent bug after getting Mikatu. Her quest kept repeating if you checked the trading post again.
- Fixed a bug that when you finished the intro some of the armor obtained would still be in your inventory.
- Fixed a LOT of grammar issues (especially in the letters/notes) in the game.
- * Fixed a lot of bugs with the hunts.
- * Re-Balanced EXP side quest rewards give for winning in the Fighting pit and finishing a hunt in the Dudok guild.
- * Re-Balanced some of the fighting pit fights.
- Extended demo save file available on the game's discord: https://discord.gg/TgwmhsjqQ8, this is for testing purposes.

* = Things only noticeable in the extended Demo. (Testing phase)

For the next updates:
- 1st update: VISUALS + GAME PLAY
- 2nd update: CONTENT + STORY
- 3rd update: BALANCE + POLISH

I'm expecting the 1st update to be done before the 15th of March as they are mainly smaller things. The 2nd update will have again more content like 2 more hunts - 2 more fighting pit fights and 2 more side quests to be done at the Nomads. The last update will be balancing and polishing aka implementing all the feedback the players gave me from now till up to that point.

Grab the newest version here:

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
1st update: VISUALS + GAMEPLAY is here!

Changelog:
- Changed the choice option at the start of the game to just let the player start with Kaan. Many players don't understand what's going on when starting with Ragno.
- Changed the watercolor of the river to be a darker blue to indicate it has more depth.
- Changed the tint of the screen to show brighter colors for the part where you play Kaan.
- Changed the tutorial explanations and got rid of some of the redundant ones.
- Changed some story-related things in the intro to fit the mood better and make more sense, and a few grammar errors. (Sorry. I had to do this one although it is story-related. I couldn't help myself hahaha!)
- Changed the Dokta and Rikta chests to a new sprite that has a keyhole.
- Changed the Weapon Merchant shop at the Palm Forest to not sell 1st tier weapons if he also sells 2nd tier as 1st tier is mostly the equipped version.
- Changed the clouds that you could see drifting on some maps to a better type of clouds.
- Changed the difficulty stars given to some side quests.
- * Changed the grave used for the 3rd hunting quest.
- Changed the battle back in the intro to have a darker feel to it because it is raining and dark.
- * Added a clear exit point with a light source to the nomad camp cave.
- * Added a tent for the Mezun merchants standing at the Nomad Camp Entrance and the Burning Meadow.
- Added a new picture to make a difference between letters and explanations. Still need to change some of the explanations to the right picture, but the letters and books in your inventory are already done.
- Added a few books inside the chests so the rewards differ more and I thought it was a nice thing to find.
- Added an option to get no tutorial messages at all, though this will give you the least amount of info on how to play the game, it should be enough for the veterans.
- Added a new animation for the healing done by the Mezun Merchants.
- Added a % chance for the burn state to apply when using the fire-type crystals.
- Added new icons for most of the letters in the game.
- Renamed the descriptions that give states to tell if they are just action-based or also cycle-based.
- * Fixed the 2 bow animations for enemies and also cleaned up 1 bow animation for the characters.
- * Fixed various end game bugs and game-breaking bugs when recruiting new members for your army.

Also, here is an extended demo game file for everyone to enjoy multiple more hours of gameplay!

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
This is an in-between update for the RSE (release something event) that's going on in this forum. There will be a 2nd update to officially add my entry to this event before I continue on with the 3 big updates.

Changelog:
- Extended demo = demo now! Out of the testing phase adding many more hours of free gameplay! Removed the barrier that holds the player back.
- Fixed the recruitment of Talib and Yejide as Talib didn't disappear after you got him. Also changed his dialogue for when you haven't encountered him yet.
- Fixed a lag when you run by your base entrance on the world map.
- Fixed a soft lock happening when looking at the bridge with Kael before going to the Rikta tribe.
- Fixed a weather bug happening when using the fast travel system towards your base.
- Fixed a few grammar bugs at the beginning of the story pointed out by a let's player.
- Fixed a bug in the 'Bridge near Dokta' map with a late-game event.
- Fixed 3 join sequences from Jabary, Mezuri, and Uzziel. They now all join around the level of Ragno.
- Changed the position the fast travel points put you at from Mezun Prison to your own base and the name you picked for it.
- Changed the word elixer to elixir.
- Changed the story a bit and the grammar that the spirits in the sand dunes tell you.
- Changed the event sequence with the daughter of Kael to become a choice to be nice or honest.
- Added some more info to some of the NPC's giving side events to point the player in the right direction.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Medium/small update for the [RSE] submission I just did;

Changelog:
- Fixed multiple game-breaking bugs pointed out by a let's player!
- Fixed MANY small grammar issues pointed out by a let's player!
- Added one of the books as an in-battle item you can use in battle to check some things like states and the elemental wheel.
- Added all the personal info for the characters that can be recruited before the demo ends.

Game demo submitted to the [RSE] event! :mrsatan: :popcorn: :guffaw:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another character battle theme
Sorry everyone. Covid rules made me a laptop potatoe and I would need more exercise and past 2nd invasion I am still fighting for space also here. So I am not enough often here and... well I answer even less to my e-mails. DC is saying a huge HI to everyone with her heavy wet purrings.

You all take care in here ^^
traficaccidence.jpg
"It's time to add cars into the city!"
--- Famous last word of the developer's character before hit by a car :kaoswt2:
Yay, our new game, Causality is finally released on Steam!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapperteddy1990