I've been a little down with my health (physically) and got pain meds. Having a hard time focusing on game development. So I added to new side quests at the Nomad tribe already though they are scheduled for the next update. Officially I will still post them in the next update. Just feels like I need to.
On another note, another YouTuber has made a let's play of my game. It isn't sure if there will be more episodes yet as her channel is mainly about horror games, but I'm glad she enjoyed playing it with all the latest updates in it!
Also can be found on the 1st message of this thread.
This update has added multiple hours of gameplay to the game and story! Enjoy!
2nd update: CONTENT + FIXES is here!
- Added background information-header-nickname for all the characters that can be recruited.
- Added Meria and Imani characters in your hideout if you recruited them.
- Removed a save prevention for player convenience.
- Implemented 2 more side quests at the Nomad Tribe.
- Implemented 2 more hunts at the Dudok Guild.
- Ramu can now be recruited after completing all 5 hunts.
- Fixed elemental weapons not reading their property the right way.
- Fixed some small things, event issues, and bug-related problems as I tested my own game from start to finish and from feedback.
- Added all the new test/lets players into the credit section!
Thank you all a ton! Many feedback that you've given will also be in the next update. 3rd update: BALANCE + POLISH + STORY STREAMLINING coming up next!
This update will make your experience of the game much more enjoyable! Enjoy!
3rd update:BALANCE + POLISH + STORY STREAMLINING is here!
3rd update: BALANCE + POLISH + STORY STREAMLINING is here!
- Added in difficulty settings so people can change it depending on their liking and personal preference of playing the game.
- Added a new timer plugin to have more control over the look and placement and to make it yet again 'less standard'.
- Added decorations (flags) at your base when you recruit certain characters representing each tribe's heritage.
- Added Raziya, she can now be recruited when you get your base.
- Added Kaylee, she can now be recruited when you meet her requirements.
- Added Juo, he can now be recruited after you cleared the hunt in Mirage Desert.
- Added an Item/weapon/armor/material/special weapons shopkeeper to the base. Giving you the last tier of everything + It's another boost to search for new recruits.
- Added an inn in your base if you recruited Raziya, it's free of charge!
- Added a special ritual book shop if you recruited Juo in your base. New ritualism books will be added in future updates.
- Added the compass to point you to your 'next' objective after you finished the demo. This is for future purposes.
- Added an 'under heavy development' picture layer when you have finished the demo so it becomes more clear from which part the game is under construction.
- Added lighting to the Denari mining area once you have cleared it from debris.
- Added the blacksmith in Dokta to be approachable after a certain while in the game.
- Added new wares for the shopkeeper in Dokta once you figured out and completed a certain side quest there.
- Added levels to every quest for a better indicator of how prepared you need to be.
- Added new visuals for the Nomads world map tiles after you finished a certain side quest.
- Added 3 new magic books in the prologue and made Mila's class a Mystic as she can use both magic types.
- Added more standard magic books to be found throughout the game.
- Added a way to get into the Dudok guild without the need to defeat the Monkti.
- Added more iron to the Nomad and Lone Mountain cave.
- Fixed a bug with the Mezun Merchant selling different books if you ask him in a certain pattern.
- Fixed multiple glitching battles and character sprites.
- Fixed an item bug for enemies using buffing or de-buffing items.
- Fixed multiple classes of new party members as they were, for the most part, not set up properly yet.
- Gave Juo, Amaika, and Wekesa 'unique' skills, books for these skills are only sold by Juo if you recruited him. Every shaman will get a 'unique' skill (to be implemented) where Juo will be the only one selling the books.
- Gave Obasu a more interesting dialogue scene and a bit more character.
- Gave the big rats' death motion a transparent look as they were blocking the view on enemies behind them on death.
- Gave every character a victory pose.
- Enhanced small bits of the story and flow of the story.
- Enhanced the Rikta Chieftain's hut to represent the Rikta Tribe better. Also made the weapon trader functional in the hut.
- Enhanced many battle animations and sound effects from RTP to custom ones.
- Enhanced the promotion of the fan art at the end of the demo.
- Extended the current victory music to 5 min. so the music doesn't fade out anymore (thank you Padr!)
- Changed the way skills are given at the start of the game. More skills will now be gradually given on more levels.
- Changed the way states are handled within the game. It should operate smoother now.
- Changed a battle back at the fight with the captain in the prologue near the mountain.
If you have any feedback again, leave it here! General feedback is always welcome.
Found some things that needed to be dealt with while testing my own game. I will be doing more but just wanted to show that any things current players might have experienced might already be dealt with. You can overwrite the game files to get all these fixes!
List of fixes;
- Fixed the new animations used to fit the actual screen size in the game.
- Fixed a new walking sequence (not game-breaking) for a better flow.
- Fixed a Mezun merchant that was selling other things if you did his sequence in a particular way.
- Fixed the audio lag that was happening on several occasions like the victory aftermath and particular skills or event sequences.
- Added an information page after the first scene in the game pointing out to look at the options menu and telling about the compass as many players message me about things that are already implemented but just not seen.
- Added a new feedbacker to the credit list.
- Changed the wording Base cooldown to Cooldown lv.1 for a clearer indicator of what the base cooldown is based upon.
Edit: Shame on the plugin I used for the audio lag to disappear as I noticed it was still there after playing again today. Uploaded a different plugin and so far it seems to do the same job the other plugin should have done without the problems. Let's hope it stays that way... #Devlife!
You can overwrite the game files to get all these fixes!
List of MORE fixes;
- Changed the audio plugin I introduced in the last update to a new one as it gave problems on the long run. Hope this one doesn't!
- Changed the front position of the Drema chests.
- Changed some of the wording in the story here and there.
- Changed the timings of the animations of 'thrust' based skills.
- Fixed some battler's outlining on their 'damaged' state. The snako's and crobs.
- Fixed a small % chance that you can lose your healing items after battle because of an eventing set-up I made to bypass the cooldowns on items outside of battle.
- Fixed the new spellbooks so Mila can learn them in the prologue.
- Fixed the dark tint on one of the captain fights in the prologue.
- Added many more 'pop up' visual cues on the battle screen to tell the player what is going on.
- Buffed (for the most part) supporter role skills
You can overwrite the game files to get all these fixes!
List of MORE fixes;
- Fixed a game-breaking bug when playing Ragno and going into the palm forest.
- Fixed a game-breaking bug when doing Mezuri's side quest.
- Fixed some audio bugs that were happening because of the new audio plugin.
- Fixed more small bugs on the Rikta tribe and Palm forest maps.
- Fixed small bugs on the Denari tribe and cave maps.
- Fixed an icon error on bleed.
- Fixed more small audio and visual cues on animations.
- Fixed a syntax error (code writing) that gave a bug crash with some of the magic books.
- Fixed multiple lag-to-crash bugs happening because of the new sound plugin pre-loading music on map entrance.
- Fixed an animation error on the Wind Ox Tongue weapon.
- Fixed the lighting in the Denari caves.
- Balanced the footwear and helmet armor pieces a bit.
- Deleted the summoner plugin. This will have almost no impact on the gameplay as it is barely used.
For now, this will be the last big list of fixes for the coming time. I will be doing small edits and the likes without a proper changelog. Any crashes and bugs will of course be dealt with along the coming weeks.
You can overwrite the game files to get all these fixes!
List of EVEN MORE fixes:
- Fixed some issues with the eventing of the Dudok Guild hunts.
- Fixed more audio lag-to-crash bugs.
- Fixed a game-breaking bug on Persmerga's side event.
- Fixed a few passability errors in the enemy camps in the prologue where it looks like you can pass, but you can't.
- Fixed the sounds on some of the skills as they sounded weird with the new audio plugin.
- Re-balanced the shields in the game.
- Changed the unique skill of the dog that the player can acquire through a side event.
- Changed the % on being able to escape from a battle. It is much higher now.
- Changed the passability behind the buildings at the Denari tribe.
- Changed many buffs/debuffs/states that are given through various skills and items.
- Changed the boss music for one of the hunting events.
- Small edits to some of the writing near the end of the demo and some of the side quests.
- Small edits to animations, sound ques, and visuals.
- Added movement to some of the soldiers in the camps in the prologue to make things feel more lively.
- Added more fish in some of the waters where there was none.
- Added more Denari tribe members around their tribe in the 'desolate' areas that could be seen but not accessed to add to the feeling of how big the tribe is.
- Added crystals to the selling lists of the Mezun Item traders.
- Added more visual cues in a battle to tell what is happening when some skills are used.
- Deleted the cycles battle system mechanic and made state effects pure turn-based to make it more clear how they function.
You can overwrite the game files to get all these fixes!
List of YET EVEN MORE fixes:
- Added some movement in the refugee camp in the prologue.
- Added more info to the blockades (red X's) in the prologue.
- Added green arrow indicators on map transfer in the prologue like I do in the rest of the game.
- Added a reason why there is a chest with a better ax in Ragno's house.
- Fixed the cacti transfer event setting the player to a different position while the event isn't running yet.
- Fixed a bug with the optional boss fight in the prologue where you will lose your items after battle.
- Fixed a crash at the optional boss in the prologue.
- Fixed the Rat side event where the big ratac also gets healed when he shouldn't.
- Changed the number of initial fights in the prologue from 6 to 4 as the mechanics have been changed so it is easier to understand and thus needing lesser battles.
- Changed the states to a set amount of turns rather than a percentage chance of between x-x many turns and balanced them a bit more.
- Changed the crystals that inflicted multiple states to a % chance to add their states so there will be more variety on which state will be applied.
- Changed the number of fights you can get into when running into the Fanged clan encampment.
- Changed the side event where you pay for all the curtains of the tribe. You can now choose to pay or not.
- Cleaned up the states a bit as some things were set up a bit sloppy.
- Cleaned up the flash that occurs before going into battle.
- Added auto revive after the battle, so the item scene doesn't lock up when a party member is dead.
- Added immune pop-up messages for elements for a clearer understanding of what's going on on the battlefield.
- Added more element resist pop-up messages for a clearer understanding of what's going on in battle.
- Added in a pop-up for states to tell the player when it is immune.
- Added elemental absorption for enemies that clearly would absorb a particular element like fire elementals absorb fire damage.
- Balanced the difficulties settings further.
- Cleaned up the status information screen, removed two non-used states, added two new ones, and added a poison element.
- Cleaned up the Battle Tactic book and updated all the information to the newer version of the battle system.
- Fixed the Immortal state not doing what it should be doing. Using an instantly cast item will not take up your turn but does count as an action.
- Changed the showtime of pop-ups in a battle to be longer.
- Removed some of the autosaves at the start of the game. It was too frequent, and it just slowed down the flow of the game.
After taking a little break from developing the game, I'm back in the saddle for 2022!
ALL BOW DOWN FOR THIS GLORIOUS UPDATE!
- Added some flavor for the story here and there and also did some further streamlining.
- Added descriptions to all weapons if they have an element what they are strong and weak against. Not all of them had that yet.
- Added a proper description of the battle tactic book in battle.
- Added extra permanent stats when you pick harder difficulties than normal when prompted them in-game.
- Added the story for your Ragno's father's Axe.
- Added a new plugin that shows the appropriate weapon for dual-wielding characters using a specific weapon skill. Ax skills show an ax, sword skills show a sword.
- Changed 2 side quests in Dokta to be completed in 1 go rather than having to do it in multiple parts.
- Changed more tiles to the green arrows mini label popping up from 3 to 5 tiles.
- Changed the TP cost for Taun by 20% as it wasn't used a lot anymore while it is a core skill for Guardians. Minus 10% for the taunt skill for supporters as they can put it on someone else and that could become too overpowered as they get increased TP gain.
- Changed the target rate for Guardians to + 75% chance to be targeted as enemies kept targeting squishy allies too much. Probably because I made them a bit too smart.
- Changed some dialogue and a bit of the cut scene of the prologue ends.
- Changed Akila's (dog) passive tp rate and doubled it.
- Changed equipable weapons for Tacticians, Guardians, and Berserkers that we're able to equip swords to be able to equip Special swords now too.
- Changed Akila action times probability to attack a maximum of 2-3 times on a very low chance.
- Changed the naming of the difficulties, the percentages that are changed based on the difficulties, and added detailed information about each difficulty described in the information books.
- Changed Bateye enemies to not substitute in every role anymore. It was confusing as the Defenders Role already gives this passive.
- Fixed some mini labels showing here and there on black screens.
- Fixed (I hope) a nasty bug happening in the prologue where you can get stuck while trying to reach the captain on top of the mountain.
- Fixed a bug where you can get stuck in the second camp with one of the walking guards.
- Fixed a bug where you can get stuck in the main camp with one of the walking guards.
- Fixed Korza getting the battle skills sub-menu while he has no battle skills.
- Fixed Korza's event giving you the whole story again if you took him with you. It gives a short version now.
- Fixed (I hope) a bug, made a fail save, where the western resting quarters would already show all the residence that moved back in while not having cleared the area yet.
- Fixed a bug where the mini labels didn't show anymore after talking to one of the Denari captains.
- Fixed another mini label bug after the boss fought with Korza his quest.
- Fixed the lighting in a battle against spiders at the Denari caves.
- Fixed the collider box of the spiders in the Denari caves.
Played the demo for some time. There are so many replies and revisions that I don't think I can offer any real feedback, but I just want to give a couple of compliments: The intro was really well made. Made me smile and pulled into the game. Also great music for the game style, the best rpg maker music I've heard in these demos/games (though I have to admit I haven't played a ton, but still nice job)!
A GREAT DAY FOR A GREAT UPDATE! MOSTLY MID AND END GAME STUFF. ENJOY!
Update: Jan.26 2022
- Added more dialogue flavor to parts later into the game.
- Added some more plot points into the prologue to entice the player better.
- Added animations for special sword attacks.
- Added animations for bows and crossbows.
- Added sound effects when getting your father's ax enhanced in the sequence event with your father.
- Added a fail save at the farm where there was a data overload.
- Added level info on the hunting quests when talking to the guy at the counter.
- Changed the battle music of one of the side event battles to be more epic as it felt underwhelming while the battle itself is pretty intense.
- Changed the hardness of Timal's hunt mission. Boss has more minions and is stronger in general.
- Changed the hardness of The Seer's hunt mission. Boss has more speed and is stronger in general.
- Changed the hardness of Test subject 3 boss.
- Changed the hardness of Tiuiri's team in the fighting pit.
- Changed Ramu her skill set to be more unique.
- Changed Uzziel his skill set to be more unique.
- Changed the prices of the special swords and rapiers that Jabary is selling in your base.
- Fixed a bug on Talib Recruitment quest getting stuck in the process.
- Fixed ASPIR skill to always drain the 100MP and have no variance so it doesn't give you 0 sometimes.
- Fixed Raziya her event when recruiting her, she was still there on the map but also at the party.
- Fixed Destine's house event to change when you recruited her.
- Fixed Ramu, not disappearing after recruiting her.
- Fixed an error with Ramu her face graphic not showing up in battle.
- Fixed the last hunt so it can be completed.
- Fixed the event sequence with recruiting Juo, it had many errors. All are tested and fixed.
- Fixed a few minor plot points later into the game.
- Fixed XP gain on killing the group of the Stone Guardian, hunting boss groups shouldn't give XP or Gold from the fight.
- Fixed multiple collisions in the eventing of Kaan's hunting quest.
- Fixed some sound clipping errors with Lizaru engagements in the Dokta village.
- Fixed some sound clipping errors with the mini-game side events cheering sound after completing one.
- Fixed lots of small grammar errors later in the game.
- Fixed a bug with the Deformed Being boss still getting dots while he should be immune.
- Fixed a bug with the Deformed Being boss still acting like the Dwelling Spirit is there to continue both event sequences.
- Fixed a bug where the character stands still after performing sword and ax skills.
- Fixed a few small bugs with some of the hunting events popping up before they should.
- Fixed Tayla's AI to move out of her worst role if she is put in it.
- Fixed a passability issue with Pellik's race because I added a few visual pointers for the secret paths.
- Fixed an event pointing towards the secret hideout that was still playing after the side quest was done.
A lot of work has gone into this over the last couple of months but it is finished!
A SMALL STEP FOR GAME PLAYERS BUT A BIG STEP FOR DEVELOPMENT!
- Added all the layers to the base building.
- Added the possibility to trade resources for decorations, to spice up your base even further.
- Added the possibility to change your appearance (of the main character only) once you recruit Tiuri.
- Added autosave function to the inns, and each time you heal at a Mezun Merchant.
- Added the 2 missing Battlehud faces for Juo (My son found this one when he was playing. That's my boy!)
- Changed the way shops and choices that you can make (in your base) are handled each time you get to a new layer.
- Fixed a bug of having the same message repeated when you talk to the same person throughout the base building layers.
Played the game till I finished it and got some fixes into the next build;
FIX THAT SH***!
- Fixed a bug with the buff en de-buff crystals giving more turns than they should.
- Fixed a sizing error with the magic skill; Sacred Blessing.
- Fixed a clipping bug in the drunk Lizard.
- Fixed some clipping errors in your stronghold.
- Fixed the fast travel signs putting you in your first layer of base building.
- Fixed multiple tiling issues at the Denari tribe.
- Fixed Namur intervals for telling the player what to do. It was still on the old numbers.
- Fixed Obasu's event putting you in the first layer of the base building and popping up again.
- Fixed a bug at the Dudok Guild first hunt continuing the hunt if you talk at the counter again while it shouldn't.
- Fixed the transfer-pass function at the Sanctum after you have acquired your base.
- Fixed a bug in the event of your uncle still showing he had a side event while Persmerga left.
- Fixed Lehkan not saying anything at all when you have less than 5k gold.
- Fixed the clipping error for the 'grand entrance' build for your base.
- Speeded up the intro with around 10-15 seconds.
- Smoothened out some more dialogue and corrected some of the wording.
- Cleaned out some 'dust up' animations in the Sand Dunes when stepping on a Lizaru pack.
- Added better shadowing for the Denari tribe, Dokta tribe, Sand Dunes, and the Mini Race Game area.
- Added many more resources on the main path to the resource gathering spots found there.
- Added way more gold on enemy kills.
- Added more gold into the early game chests.
- Added more exp on enemies, especially the early game ones.
- Added more 'warriors' to the counter when recruiting optional characters that are more obvious to encounter so you reach the last layer of a base-building easier.
- Put the switch event that gives access to the last stage for the fighting pit in Dokta on the main storyline.
1 significant overhaul is coming with the next update. This will take a lot of time though. I have worked a lot with Grammarly and though the program is excellent for finding grammar errors and correcting sentence structures, it doesn't help create good punchy/to the point dialogue.
That is just one of the changes being made that will have a big impact on the experience the player will have. I will also add a Render fix that should be a fix for players that experience the game freezing up.
After some great feedback from Padr and 2 other lets players, here is the next update!
CAN WE PLEASE HURRY UP!?
- Revised almost all the text boxes in the prologue to be more punchy and less wordy.
- Revised the 'black screen' cut scenes in the prologue and gave them cut scenes.
- Fixed some small grammar issues.
- Fixed the agility (speed of attack) of the Bat and Bateye in the prologue caves.
- Fixed a bug still giving you the items and gold that you shouldn't get after choosing the 'Hard' option after the prologue.
- Fixed the long wait before the text 'You gain increased stats' shows up when choosing 'Hard'.
- Fixed a few enemies having a skill that could potentially put the whole party in a 'stunned' state.
- Fixed a bug when choosing Brutal where Kaan climbs a wall instead of the stairs next to it.
- Fixed a transfer bug from the enemy main camp to where you found the survivors putting you on the right map but in the wrong spot.
- Added a -3 on the action cooldown timers after winning/losing/escaping a battle making it more fun for the player.
- Added back the sepia effect for the intro as people said they liked it more than the black and white.
- Added some volume to the suspense music after beating the first captain.
- Added a massive boost in TP (x3 Recharge rate) and added 2 TP skills for Mila so she becomes more useful at the start of the game.
- Added a text pop-up that helping out the tribes have secret benefits.
- Added extra warriors gain for each side quest.
- Added a graphic render fix that should stop the game from freezing up.
- Changed Akila's paralyzing bite skill to a bleeding bite skill.
- Changed the HP of many early game enemy packs with - 20/30%.\
- Changed the paving tile to blend in more with the surrounding.
- Changed the paving running through the tribes to have sand on the tiles.
- Changed the paving tile at the Dudok guild.
- Balanced the Brutal and Hard stat increase when choosing Brutal or Hard and added a free full recover afterward.
- Balanced (de-buffed) the rows a little so they have less of a positive impact. The negative impacts still stand as they were.
You guys... YOU GUYS... Alright alright already, here is more to enjoy!
Hurry up and give me visuals!
- Revisited all the text boxes in the starting area (Dokta-Drunk Lizard- Bridge- Rikta Tribe + Plam Forest) when playing Ragno to be more punchy and less wordy.
- Revised the 'black screen' cut scenes in the starting area when playing Ragno and gave them cut scenes.
- Deleted the font option. Many fonts are not functioning right in how I set up the game.
- Put text speed on 10 as standard. Text will be shown faster now.
- Re-organized the descriptions of skills.
- Changed multiple TP skills to target 1 ally rather than the user only.
- Changed the difficulty of the prologue to be more difficult.
- Gave Jomal a TP skill to use in the prologue.
- Gave Kaan his sword skill earlier. It makes more sense when you find the double-handed sword for him to have the skill to use.
- Gave the fights with the captain more spunk by having their own battle music and adding 'boss moves' to them.
- Gave the fight with the Rat boss leading the pack and the Fanged Chieftain its own battle music.
- Fanged battle groups when doing Mikatu's side event are linked now, reducing the number of possible enemy battles by 50%.
- Fixed some grammar issues.