RMMV The Lost -DpC- || V1.5.5a Demo ||

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Dutch Power Creations, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Dutch Power Creations

Dutch Power Creations Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Thnx again, there are some things in their that gave me ideas to work on! The in-depth info about the battle system will really make it more interesting everytime it gets fine-tuned further.

I will add your name to the credit list as you did so much for me already to enhance my game!

Edit:
    - The plugin I am using for text battle pop up doesn't give the option to choose the percentage of the parameters. And I'm clueless on the coding side so I guess that won't be helped.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  2. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Glad to help!

EDIT:

Yeah, I checked the popup damage plugin you used and there's no configuration: any damage above 100% element rate will show the 'Weak' text.

I'll send you a quick edit (in the custom edits plugin), no problem.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  3. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Hi everyone just wanted to keep you up to date about the development. Well, you know, its december... It's all going very slow but I am still doing things here an there so bare with me!

I'm still very motivated in developing so I will try to get the next update done before the end of this month! Together with the plugin uodates provided it will be enormous step forward for the game!

Marquise* likes this.
  4. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Update Log:

I am finally finished with building the alpha/beta build of the next version update!

- New 'mini' (it's huge xD) puzzle/race game
    - Multiple new maps to explore
    - New optional characters and feature optional characters to be found
    - Feature monster hunt build in set up

To do before release:
    - Proofreading and optimizing the text/story a bit.
    - Little this and that's that I may find while playing the game.

I am expecting V1.3C to be released this year!

Jeremiah Eastman likes this.
  5. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Alright, here it is V1.3C! I hope you enjoy this EXTRA optional content. The next version (V1.3D) will continue the main storyline. V1.3C is more about giving the world a more vibrant feel and putting out maps that will be used for optional things in the future like Monster Hunting, optional side quests and finding optional side characters and just fun locations!

I hope you will enjoy it and please let me know what you think of it, any feedback is highly appreciated! If people need a save file that starts after the prologue let me know, but I think it should work fine without it.

But before I continue to the next version I will be doing a full playthrough of my game and fix the little nasty bugs I encounter and re-upload V1.3C so the version is a bit more polished.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Marquise* likes this.
  6. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Update: V1.3C(2)

I finally finished the whole playthrough in 15:55:35! I polished a lot while doing so and it should be safe to say that you can really enjoy every part without the chance of crashing into something weird. Yes, there is still a lot of work to be done but hey, that's why it's still in development!

Cheers to all the people giving me all these nice ideas and input and all the players sending me feedback, I really appreciate it and it motivates me so much! Really, thanks!

----

On another note; I will begin working on V1.3D now again. V1.3D will progress the main story again and mainly focus on that part. This will be a huge part again so look forward to it!

7. Leon Kennedy

Leon Kennedy Restaff Novice Restaff

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Had a big problem, game was going at about 7 fps, have a pretty okay system especially for a mere rmmv game 2.3 ghz ati radeon hd 2600....not sure whats eating so much memory but was up to 500k memory and 100% cpu usage before I even started the game

8. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    I have a high end computer so it isn't to hard for me but I think I get what you mean. If rebooting doesn't work and closing all other programs then I don't know to be honest. I know the memory dump is high with rmmv but how I set up the game it is ridiculous... Hope the smaller maps work out fine

9. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    @Leon Kennedy I am sorry to say but I tested the game and it runs at a nice 60 FPS with drops to around 30 FPS with a big load of things. So it is steady for PC's that have a good memory card. I guess you can't review my game then.

When I put out my game I will put it in the requirements for the PC so that players know they will be needing a strong memory card. Thanks for trying tough.

Marquise* likes this.
  10. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Update:

I found some things I screwed up when I updated the last version. Simple things that make things look weird so might be smart to update to the newer version 1.3C(3)

Marquise* likes this.
  11. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Log:

So excited here, finally beginning work on my title again after the play-through. Excited to tell you that there will be a plot discovery in the next update as well as some puzzles as we will be progressing the main story again soon! Thank you, everyone, for your feedback and help so far, the next playthrough will be done by Hard_Reset on a live stream. Can't wait to be honest as he will be doing a full playthrough of the game so far :mrsatan:

Marquise* likes this.
  12. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Update V1.4 is out!:

Finally done with the next update and the release of Version 1.4. Here is a rundown of things:

- Main story progression
    - More streamlining in the story
    - Big plot discovery implemented
    - Big puzzle implemented
    - Some little stuff here and there

You can now progress the main story to the part of the burning sands. V1.4a will include the new Region map 'The Burning Sands' and will be the 2nd region in this game to explore! Though V1.4a will be more about the region map, implementing entry points, the progression of the main story and side quests.making this map will be a huge undertaking. For players, the next update might not be that interesting but foundations need to be done.

Marquise* likes this.
  13. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Update to V1.4(a):

- Full playthrough where I found several little bugs
    - Fixed a music file that was bugged
    - Some little stuff is done on the data of the game

So the game can be played without bugs again ^^

Marquise* likes this.
  14. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Update to V1.4(b):

- De-buffed the health of the mega boss->General->Rock+Stone Golem
    - Added the option that you can have the answers wrong at the guards at the main camp. It will not game over anymore but will put you in front of the general and start the fight. If you have it correct the game will give you a really strong item.
    - When you defeat the general the text that sounds too soft for Kaan has been given too Jomal, Kaan says something enraged now, Jomal says to stay together.
    - Fixed the GAMEOVER.OGG that the game asks for. (Recommend to download V1.4(b) so you have the file.
    - Fixed some grammar errors that were pointed out by the current lets players.
    - Some events have a new page so you don't get the whole story again, just the crucial part or a advancement of the first part.

I will be busy with the testers at this point to see them play and fix/add things they suggest. So I will not be updating the Version to V1.4.1 anytime soon.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Marquise* likes this.
  15. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Update to V1.4(c):

- Gold from enemies
    - Gold from chests
    - Animations for the bow skills
    - Added the two LP'rs to the credit list
    - New icons mainly for potions but some other things as well.
    - More chests and more resources to harvest. (need more for when the base building part will start)
    - (current) Ending dialogue changes
    - Added the first glance of the Burning Sands map. - Some small stuff.

Another update because of the LP'rs!

Marquise* likes this.
  16. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Log Update:

Been busy as hell doing all kinds of nice stuff for the game. My current list for the next update has 12 big things on it and 5 have already been finished! That said here is the new custom made compass:

Showcase.png

That aside here is a list of things to expect:
    - A bigger glimpse of what the burning sands region is going to look like.
    - Better mechanics and the battle mechanics will be re-done with an easier to understand version.
    - Multiple dialogue changes because of all the other changes.
    - New graphics and icons here and there with the most obvious graphic being the compass and for icons being the potions.
    - Plugins will be updated where possible or kept in their version if it screws up the game.
    - The game engine has been updated from 1.5 to 1.5.1 and if possible I will turn it into 1.6 when it comes out and doesn't bring to many bugs.

And that's about it! Hope you guys are as excited as I am :mrsatan:

-DpC- Out!

Ow ps. I added my stream channel link to the front page. Check it/me out :popcorn:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    Marquise* likes this.
  17. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    So I got the 1.6 version and it's awesome except one thing, it can't handle constant animations running on the background and has a possibility to crash... I got everything ready for you all to play but I will give the company some weeks so they are able to fix some things that hopefully stabilise the coming version!

When they put out a fix I will stress test the game again and see if it has been dealed with. If not, I will revert to the version before it.

This also gives me some time to set up the next part of the story meaning that the next update will probebly be v1.5 of the lost including a playable 1st part of the new region and end at the start of constructing your own base! This because 1.5 updates will be about the base building as 1.4 has been mostly been about the LP'rs and performance input.

Thnx for your patience! -DpC-

Marquise* likes this.
  18. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Alright then here is an update log:

- I will release V1.4.1 of 'The Lost' in the coming week as MV1.6 is not ready yet and they released 1.5.2 that I am using. So performance will still lag a bit for bad computer systems (especially bad memory cards).
    - I finally got rid of the crashing bug when using instant items!~
    - New usage of multiple plugins have made the battle system, map borders and event labels different and functions better in the game.
    - Colliders for all sorts of things have been improved as well.

Still with the above said, I can't wait for them to release a stable MV1.6 so finally, the laggy bits will work much better.

I also stated that V1.5 of 'The Lost' would include the beginning of the new parts of the main story. As the coming version will be 1.4.1 it means that the story will not continue yet though the map has been partially set up for you to see what will be coming, and ow yeah, don't get whacked by the world boss.

Cheers,

-DpC-

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Marquise* likes this.
  19. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    A bit sooner then I expected to be able to release a new version but here it is! I hope everyone that plays it enjoys it and be sure to leave your feedback through a PM, discord or any other way!

Direct link:
    V1.4.1 The Lost

-UPDATE 5-3-18-
    It seemed there where some minor bugs and 1 bug where you get stuck when selecting the 'hard' difficulty in the prologue. Fixed those files and they are in the link. You can just update the 'Data' folder and continue.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    Marquise* likes this.
  20. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Update log:

Busy trying to commission an artist to make custom pictures for my game to replace the 'placeholder' pictures I am currently using.

Decided that I will halt any big progression on the main story. This because I want to make some more things for V1.4 namely:
    - Entrance map of Mezun Prison finished so it can be entered.
    - The animal farm where they will sell things and you can find 1 or 2 more optional characters + there will be another mini-game there like the race, but it will be different than a race.
    - Another big side quest can be found in the burning sands that will link to a secret passage in the palm forest, this will be the last of the 3 Major side quests the game will have to offer so look forward to it (though this one will be lvl15-20)!
    - In Dokta the Barracks/Arena/training house (not decided yet what I will call it) will be open to be entered.
    - 2-3 side quests will be added to the Denari tribe settlement.
    - 2 Hunts will be made available in the Dudok guild giving the player a nice world related side event that has minimal to do with the main story.
    - I will put it around 3-8 more optional characters for the player to at least find. Most of them will be recruitable after you acquired your base.

Well that's it I hope all the players will be happy with this choice. I made it because I need to do these things eventually anyways and the last major side quest is kind of important for me to have finished so I can close that chapter for myself and focus more on 1 thing rather than having to think of implementing all these things.

Cheers,

-DpC-

Marquise* likes this.