RMMV The Lost -DpC- || V1.5.5a Demo ||

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Dutch Power Creations, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Dutch Power Creations

Dutch Power Creations Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    V1.4.2(c) is up and running giving you a whole new experience:

- Re-done some parts of the battle system!
    - Better descriptions of items and skills.
    - Enemies reworked.
    - Finally finished the 3 stage mini-game in the Burning Meadow!
    - Story enhancement and grammar check are done on the newest part.
    - New art implemented in prologue starting event.
    - The first map enhanced with new custom made and edited assets.

I will be doing some streams now again and after that start on V1.4.3 that will add a new big side quest area for more story lore!

Jayje and Marquise* like this.
  2. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    V1.4.3 has started kicking off with the entry map for the new part.

But as always I will not leave you hanging on a small matter so I redid a big part of the whole prologue adding in new tiles and reworking the opening to give it an awesome feel! Happy gaming!

-Dpc-

Starmage likes this.
  3. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Great news to what you can expect in the next version!

- Game engine update from 1.5.2 to 1.6.1 (still testing but looking good!)
    - Next map for the big side quest.
    - New banners/flags added for every tribe and for the soldiers.

It may sounds like this update will be rather small but the engine update really makes it worthwhile as it will reduce so much lag and other things that lower end systems might encounter that it is surely worthwhile! I think the next update will be in the beginning of Juli so look forward to it :D

4. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    So V1.4.3(a) is finally done. Took me a while but everything above is implemented. Didn't have the time though to fully test it from beginning to end because well... yeah... it's like 10-15 hours of play time xD. Though I think everything should work fine on some minor bugs aside (if any).

Have fun with the much better engine version and the new part of the side quests, and for all those starting this game for the first time; Be ready to be amazed by the detailed environment, deep story lore and engaging characters!

-DpC-

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  5. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    I have been working a lot in real life with vacation time and such from my employees so I haven't spent that much time developing the game the last few weeks. I have a big part of the new side quest implemented but I just don't have the time to fully and properly test it. I did some fast runs on it and it seems to work fine but balancing may still be off. That aside here is the new stuff in a list:

V.1.4.4
    - New (last) BIG side quest added! Much story lore can be expected as I had some nice backstory lore from my old writer still laying around for this side quest.
    - Minor balancing is done.
    - Fixed small bugs mentioned by the current LP'r @Aurabolt
    - Fixed some grammar issues mentioned by Aurabolt
    - Fixed some graphics that looked weird (nothing major, just things I noticed while the LP'r was playing).
    - You can enter Mezun Prison (small map). This will be the place where the main story will continue from when I reach V1.5.

Hope you enjoy this new update!

Next will be balancing the current update and making the Nomad tribe entry map for V1.4.4(a) after that I will/can begin again on progressing the main storyline (if I don't get sidetracked to much!:mrsatan:

Download link in the first post!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Marquise* and padr81 like this.
  6. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Added a Let's play video of Version 1.4.4 in the first post but for those lazy like me here it is:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Jayje likes this.
  7. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Just a small update: V1.4.4(a)

- All faces of 'The Fallen' have been made.
    - Did some tweaking on the LP from RPG TIME
    Blood stains don't look square.
    Skippable explanation system.
    Some small gameplay enhancement.
    Debuffed Jomal so he takes damage.
    - Some small text improvements.

My holidays in September are getting close. Hoping to release 1 more small update before then and at the end of September a big one so I can finally start making more of the main story after that.

Marquise* likes this.
  8. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    And 2nd 'small' update: V1.4.4(b)

- Cleaned up the new face sets.
    - Big overhaul on the new side quests to give that 'professional' feeling.
    - Deleted most of the 'Do you wish to save' questions as they were put in because of the unstable version of the game that has been fixed.

Though this might seem 'small' the stuff added in is pretty big as it was the last of 3 big side quests that will be in this game. Of course there might be an overhaul of stuff here and there but the major part is done and so I will move on towards V1.4.5, the Nomads and add a lot of side stuff like monster hunting quests to earn gold, the arena in Dokta where you can brawl for fun against other parties and some side quests at the Denari tribe that will let you dig into their culture more.

Making the Nomads entrance area and all of the rest will take some time. So lucky me that my vacation is coming up. Hopefully, I will be able to get it done at the end of September/ beginning of August.

Cheers and enjoy the game,

-DpC-

Marquise* likes this.
  9. Marquise*

Marquise* Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French-Canadian
    Thank-YOU!

10. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    I am pretty excited because when I reach V1.5 I will be able to release a demo of the game as I will have all the area's set up needed for the demo. Really excited to be honest as I will release the demo on other websites.

Marquise* likes this.
  11. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Today I am pretty excited to announce that I set up my new laptop! I lately had trouble working on my game for enough hours and finding a balance between the family and developing the game seemed to be hard. With this new powerful laptop, I hope I can stay downstairs (because my PC is on the attic) with the family while working on the game. I have no idea how this will work out but I am pretty stoked about the idea! :mrsatan:

12. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    V1.4.5 is up and running!

Includes:
    - The evented map of the entrance of the Nomad camp (that will be needed for the demo that will be released once I get it too V1.5).
    - Nomad sprites added to the start of the game. Finally got rid of the place holders there.
    - Some minor things changed as dialogue-balancing-small bugs/glitches but nothing major.

On my to do list there are a few things I want to implement before going to V1.5 and some small maps I still need to make before I really finished the Nomad entrance map. So this release is more about making the enviroment bigger and giving you some insight into the Nomad culture in my game. Next release will be more gameplay related so look forward to that in the coming weeks!

Cheers,

-DpC-

The Stranger likes this.
  13. Shen_

Shen_ Warper Member

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have been reading this topic last night and it's quite interesting. Love the story, setting and maps.

Dutch Power Creations likes this.
  14. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    V1.4.5(a) Is now live!

Including the following:
    - ATB Speed balancing (in options you can set ATB higher now to let it go faster).
    - Text speed option added because it was suggested it was still somewhat slow for a fast reader.
    - 2 maps added (small map in Nomad tribe, an interior outpost and Dokta tribe the 'Fighting Pits' which will be an interesting place in the future as it is not fully evented yet)
    - Minor improvements and changes.

Next update will be a lot of eventing as everything that needed to be mapped is ready for the demo now. I do want a LOT of events still to be placed in the game so be ready everyone for a gameplay content update on the next version!

The Stranger and Marquise* like this.
  15. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    The Beta Version of the Demo is up and running Version 1.4.5(b)!

You can play it if you want it is up in the main post otherwise >click here<.

This Demo will be the official demo of this game that will only have some 'normal updates' and not 'real' content updates. This Demo is still in beta version as I have a few people that will already be playing this demo and give me feedback. After implementing the feedback that I will get from the demo testers I will release the official demo on multiple Indie websites and here. After I hit this mark this game will go into closed Alpha.

So if you still want to help out, play the demo now and hit me up with your opinion/feedback/criticism and I will most likely implement it if I think it will help the game evolve!

Thanks, everyone for all the support so far!

-DpC-

16. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    The demo is up and running in the last phase of beta testing!

From this point forward this post will stay as a demo and links will be altered towards RMN website for downloads. Thanks everyone for all the feedback given I really appriciate the community for that!

Starmage likes this.
  17. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Updated the files some more and the demo of The Lost is officially finished! Hope all of you will enjoy!

Marquise* and Low like this.
  18. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Having had some time off the development of the game I am now proud to announce that there will be another big update in the coming days!

- New plugin added to the battle system making it feel more rewarding for chosing a path that you want to go with each character.
    - Added a major fine tuning of the story as some parts where not stream lining that well.
    - Destroyed some nasty bugs and soft locks if you do certain things a certain way.

I will also be trying to get my game let's played when I release this update. I will also be putting the version on 1.5.1 when I uploaded it. After this nothing really is stopping me from building the story towards it's ending but I am still kind of in a writers block with that so... Hope when I finished this update that I can think of a proper way of doing what I want.

Cheers all!

Marquise* and SoSick. like this.
  19. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    I just released the new version V1.5.1! Download it here and dive into this rich story driven tactical RPG called The Lost! :popcorn:

Marquise* likes this.
  20. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Small update to the data file as I test played my own game and found some grammar mistakes that have been fixed in the first part of the demo. Will be running through the 2nd part of the demo in the next couple of days.

Marquise* likes this.