RMMV The Lost -DpC- || V1.5.5a Demo ||

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Dutch Power Creations, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Dutch Power Creations

Dutch Power Creations Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Finally done running through the demo! Found 1 crashing bug in the 2nd part of the demo and some grammar errors. Also did some balancing here and there cause of the new battle system plugin.

Enjoy the polished demo everyone! And don't forget to give me some feedback through this thread, pm or discord.

-DpC-

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    Jayje likes this.
  2. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    I have a streamer going through the demo right now. You can check him out here:

Here is the changelog for the first 2 hour run he did:

- Refined the balloon icon sheet as @Draygone couldn't really see a candle in the icon that popped up. (Wonders what he did see :p). I refined the whole sheet while I was at it so I hope the other icons will be more clear too.
    - Changed the border colour of the arrows indicating that you can scroll down pages for more options from black to white (more clear indication now).
    - Changed back the name of 'WideScreen' in the options to 'FullScreen'.
    - Changed a sprite that swapped on event page switch in cave F1 in the prologue (he didn't notice in the play through because it was pretty dark I guess ^^)
    - Added the ? in the question that Jomal asked after killing the captain in the prologue.
    - Changed the book reading scene so the 'Loot' and other things don't show when reading it.

Cheers for the input and looking forward to the next part being played this saterday at 22:00 GMT!

-DpC-

Jayje and Marquise* like this.
  3. Erika Fuzzbottom

Erika Fuzzbottom Spotted Skunk Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Oh neat, you can tag people in these posts.

And yup, I will be streaming another two hours of this game on Saturday!

Can't think of anything else super-important that needs work. I think there was a second instance where a question ended with a period instead of a question mark, but can't remember specifically at what point.

(BTW, I fixed the link in my thread. Thanks for pointing that out.)

Dutch Power Creations likes this.
  4. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    V1.5.3 of the Demo is coming soon! What can you expect? Even more interesting battles because I revisioned the AI battle patterns, some UI changes to make everything more clear for the player and many minor graphical and grammar changes!

This new version will be officially released after Draygone has finished playing the stream of my demo. I do however update the files everytime so if you download it now you will already see many changes.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Jayje and Marquise* like this.
  5. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Pretty stupid but I didn't notice for a very long time that my states where bugged with their timers! I feel so sad that I didn't notice when all the youtubers and streamers played the game;_;... But it is fixed now and the files have been uploaded, this will make timed buffs and debuffs more important again!

I do think I will need to do a bit of tweaking now cause buffs and de-buffs that aren't timed might vanish too fast but I will be test playing to balance this for the next relese (V1.5.3) of the demo. I am also entering the 29th birthday event on a couple of subjects so I hope I can get at least 1 prize for all the hard work from the last couple of years!

I will be participating in these sections:

- Giving feedback (You can DM if you like, read my post in the let's play thread on this forum to understand my pre's) WARNING: I give harsh straight forward feedback drawn from the emotions your game gives me. I also give feedback on the mechanic side of the game.
    - Demo (Although I already got it out I got permission that when I have added proper changes that I can put in my demo for this contest!)

I might be joining in on the next parts:

- Scenes (These will not be playable by you the player but it extends the full game)
    - 3-5 Maps (These will not be playable by you the player but it extends the full game)
    - Boss battle (This will also not be in the demo)

I will not be participating in these section:

- Full game (Though I have some ideas for a small game I tend to get wrapped up in it and it takes me away from the current game)
    - Trailer (I do want one so bad but I rather pay for it when the demo has reached a higher potential or even when the full game is getting towards its completion).

Hope more people join and pick up on working on their games and getting it developed further, but most important is to keep having fun with this! :mrsatan: Burn out is the last thing you want to get from your hobby!

Stay cool and keep working -DpC-

6. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Getting ready to release V1.5.3 in the coming week. Really looking forward to it cause it adds a whole new layer to the battle system and expierence as I dove myself into the AI controls and am currently harnashing its power! It will take some time to perfect it but for the people wanting a taste of it I already uploaded the files till thus far.

Marquise* likes this.
  7. Boonty

Boonty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I saw the Driftwood LP of your game this week and I was impressed by its quality.

Looking forward to play an up-to-date demo.

8. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Now that was almost 2 years ago before I even released the demo. I hope you will like the many improvements that have been made in the meantime.

I'll be sure to let you know when I released V1.5.3 of the demo.

9. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    All of the updates have been implemented! V1.5.3 is life!

@Boonty Updated demo is playable thanks to @Draygone ^^

Boonty likes this.
  10. Boonty

Boonty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I download it and test it tonight (GMT time) :)

11. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Some nice changes are done in this new version 1.5.4!

- Added pop up text of the places you can enter on the world map.
    - Lots of grammar issues have been resolved.
    - New optional character can be found in Dokta on a new side quest.
    - Re-vamped the initial story part when you start as Ragno
    - Stream lined some battle mechanics.
    - Closed off the Desert Region in the demo.

Thank you @Guld for your feedback! It is highly appreciated and I added you into the credit section.

12. Guld

Guld Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    All of the changes sound great.
    Glad I could help.
    I'll be looking forward to seeing how this game develops and expands in the future.

13. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Received my first critical review on RMN and it got a, quote; 'solid 3.5 stars' rating for it! I'm so proud that I want to share this with all of you so here is a link to the review; https://rpgmaker.net/games/10810/reviews/6593/

The version this player played was V1.5.3 so there are already many new improvements to this demo because it's updated to V1.5.4! Thanks again for all your support and feel free to leave me feedback in any way (review, pm, video and such), you and others really helped me make this game to what it is now!

Marquise* likes this.
  14. Guld

Guld Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's great news!
    Congrats Dutch!

15. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    It's time again for some output though it is a bit small in comparison it does have a nice impact!

- changed more overall tiles to blend into the scenery better.
    - Lenta finally got the overhaul she deserved thanks to the April pack that has been released. I also reworked some things to set her apart (face+clothing graphics).
    - Finally came up with a name for Kaan's wife and Lenta's mother; Her name was Leana. I think it fits with the other 2 names.
    - Changed some dialogue here and there.

This is part 1 of 2 for the next update of the 1.5 series.

Cheers,

-DpC-

Edit; New video added (old one removed) to the main page of V1.5.4! Looking forward to more content @Gabrelik

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    Marquise* likes this.
  16. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    So this update was a bit of a drag for me and a minor change for the player but I felt it had to be done.

V1.5.5 is official :)

Marquise* likes this.
  17. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Hello everyone,

Today I made a huge descision about the course of the game and wanted to share to conclusion of it with you all.

My initial thoughts;
    The story of 'The Lost' is immense and as a personal project I thought I could finish it in 5 years. I've been underway for 3 years now and I noticed that so many new things (plugins, assets, ideas, etc.) started to pop up that I wanted to implement that I got of track. While I did implement many new things, refined the current assets/plugins of the game and enriched the story with a lot of back story lore, I couldn't notice that I was using old ways to build maps, set up events, etc. This meaned for me that I was getting unmotivated to create new content as I knew it could be done much simpler but couldn't implement those plugins cause it would crash the current set up and I would've had to build the game up from scratch again.

The 2nd thing that I noticed having a big influence in this descision is that my family (dog, wife, 2 young kids) are taking up so much of my free time that the progress on the development is much slower. Beside that, I had a promotion jan. 2018 at my work that made my job more challenging and thus also draining more of my energy and sometimes free time.

My conclusion;
    I currently have around 4 to 10 more hours of gameplay (beside the demo of 2 to 8 hours) and I will wrap that up to a conclusion scene and a end fight. When finished I will release this game for free and chop the rest of the story up in smaller pieces. The new games (The Lost II, The Lost III, etc. till I finished the whole story) will consist out of smaller game play times of around 6 to 10 hours. I will also use new techniques, recources and systems so it will give a new expierence to the player but still give the player more of the same story.

So, I kinda feel motivated again now that I made this descision and I will hit the recruit help section for beta testers once the full game is done and ready to be released!

-DpC-

Guld, Marquise* and Biestmann like this.
  18. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Been some time but I'm happy with the current feedback I got from a revieuwer. Here it is:

https://www.rpgmakergamereviews.com/

For the people thinking 'I haven't seen Dutch for some time'; It's cause my work is a bit demanding at this point and I am trying to find employees so I get more time again to work on the game. On the other hand, the demo is in a 'finished' state so there won't be that much 'new' content for that. Though I will give some small updates once I can work on the game again about the progress I'm making on the full project.

Marquise* likes this.
  19. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    My holiday days are coming up and though I will doing a lot with the kids I'm starting to get more time again. Just need to find the motivation to start on the game once my stress level gets down a bit. So first relaxing and then building the game.

And here is a little fun thing to comment on what I am currently making; See the picture in my signature? Well it isn't there just to show a picture, it's a key piece of the game :popcorn::o

Guld and SoSick. like this.
  20. Guld

Guld Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Looking forward to it Dutch. Really intrigued to see what happens with this game.

Good luck on your "relaxing"