RMMV The Lost -DpC- || V1.5.5b Demo ||

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Dutch Power Creations, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Dutch Power Creations

Dutch Power Creations Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    So, just wanted to let everyone know that I am 80% complete on the big side quest on the denari tribe. Looking forward to a release in the coming weeks!

UPDATE EDIT: 12-10-17

Started with doing the playthrough of my game so I can check if the version is stable.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    Jeremiah Eastman and Marquise* like this.
  2. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    So what to expect in the coming weeks in the new version V1.3b:

- Enhanced storyline (went over the whole story again finding little stuff that flares up the feel of the game)
    - New changes to the battle system (the spamming was a little too much with the instant skills so I put a cooldown on it so it still instant casts but goes on cooldown after that)
    - Denari tribe set up (not the small side events yet)
    - Major side event with BIG story lore set up inside the Denari tribe (will also give you a strong optional shaman character as a reward together with a bunch of treasure and loot)
    - Optimising/tweaking a lot of things just for the game flow to feel better

This side quest is around 2 hours and is really epic with the story lore that's why it took so long, it's really important for the backbone of the lore.

COMING SOON!

3. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    It's finally here! The Lost V1.3b

Everything in the above has been done and played through. I hope you enjoy and be sure to give me some delicious feedback when you have played it!

I decided to take a little longer on V1.3 series as the 1.4 series will be about the main story reaching Mezun and developing your own army. What can the player expect from V1.3c? Well check out the following pointers:

Coming up before end this year = The Lost V1.3c
    - Multiple places on the world map added (also to fill it up more with explorable places). You can find treasure - epic fights - mini-games - optional characters and more!
    - Enhancement of the Bar in the Denari tribe, it's just... *Meh*...
    - Main story ending at the Denari tribe so I am really set up for V1.4

Jeremiah Eastman likes this.
  4. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi! I'll try the game again for this weekend, so expect I'll get you back with nasty feedback sooner or later :p

5. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Ow man that's so nice!

I guess you can continue with your save file from where you play Ragno? Because starting all over may give some nice improved story here and there the real improvement is the Denari and the side quest that is set up there. I really can't wait for your feedback as it was really great last time! You know I do let's plays right? If you want I could take a look at your game. Cheers for what you are doing!

EDIT: 21-10-17
    In the main post, I also put a link to a save file for this version so people can start after the prologue (for the once already have played that part). I did this because some people might get a version bug and don't want to start all over. It will overwrite your FIRST save file so be sure if you have an important save there to save that one in another slot.

Cheers!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  6. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I could continue with my previous save! great! Finished the content up to the current version, I also did a few sidequests.

I must say the game is looking great! Keep up the good work!

Rat quest end dialogue: This is getting to<- creepy for me .(too)

The tribesmen get a level after the fight with the skeletons. Not strictly a bug but feels weird, like I care if a random person gets a level ^^.

I left the Mitaku sidequest to see what I had to do, I get all the stuff like if there is was the first time I picked the quest (with the mini-tutorial about sidequests). I mean, if you retake a quest, is great to get all the info, but any mini-tutorial or previous introduction should be cut off the dialogue.

Cannot sell Seax swords or other common swords, 0 gold or is on purpose? Because I have two of them.

I got a companion named Boru, I didn't recall recruiting him! He has vampire-like teeth... weird.

Weapon skills don't add elemental damage from weapons. Good morning club skill is normal vs snakes while the normal club attack isn't. To do so is just as easy as give them the 'Normal Attack' element and the 'Normal attack 100%' state, so the skills inherit any element (especially pierce/slash/blunt 'elements') and property (IE poison weapon!) from the weapon. Highly recommended as the skills are just for one weapon type.

There's something funny on the scripts you have, I've for a memory leak problem and the game had to close! I guess a script must be creating new objects all the time instead or reusing the one created before, or they are not disposing the objects on the stack (chances is a scenemanager.pop not happening, or not being used), it happened while shopping after a few hours of playing. This maybe is related to the minor lag you get on menus and such.

All the side-quests are mostly killing or farming monsters, give some variety to side quests, variety is key! (I can think of courier, finding someone...)

You could use a hue coloring at least to show the rat pack leader any different, not just a bit bigger. Also would be a bit flashy if the rat is REALLY big :p

I still can spam items instantly from the support row. If i don't get one-shotted I can heal the entire party with meats/other leftover healing items at any chance (and economically from the support row :p).

Also, the shout skills have cooldown but is not global, so I can use one of each for massive buffing on the first chance.

The TP skills are more balanced as TP is hard to get anyways, at most I could build up TP before a difficult battle and unleash all the power on turn one.

The elementals don't absorb their own elements but the characters do. They are elementals, after all: common sense dictates they should heal from their own element. :p

The earth elemental takes forever to kill... also has some evade or the Ragno accuracy is that bad? If they are physically hard usually comes with less evasion.

Got three scorpios from a pond that totally obliterated me next to the bridge (500+ HP damage per hit, so I couldn't even abuse potions :p). Don't know if is unbalance or is designed for much higher level.

On the equipment you can buy... You lose as much stats as you gain with improved versions: you gain defenses but lose them in luck + agi in similar numbers. I mean, improved versions doesn't need to be heavier versions, agility is one of the most important stats (faster in fombat = more of everything!), so i don't fully get it. I don't know what the luck stat does in your game by the way, but if it affects chance-based stats like evasion or hit... Anyways a common rule is that the defensive stats far outwheight the lose of agility at in the same armor type. As they way it is now, any non-defender class would have the lightest wares possible for the extra speed, and taunt away.

7. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    @Ninakoru Thank you for all that feedback!

I got rid of the bugs and I have uploaded the new files so they should be dealt with. I didn't think of the Element I put into the skills while already having it on the weapon, totally oversaw that and yes, I did see it in battle but couldn´t figure out what I did wrong, THANK YOU A GAZILLION TIMES!!!

The memory dump is indeed a side effect from the plugins and as I am not a scripter I can´t do too much about it, unfortunately. So I guess I need to accept that bug. I happened to me on other RPG maker games too so it is common. It is shameful not only in the menu plugin but in several others plugins as well.

With the variety your right on track, it is coming up in the next update regarding a LOT of new side quests and optional characters.

Thnx for the idea of the rat, I will jump into Gimp to make something nice of it for it before I hit version 1.4 (probs will do it in V1.3D).

I didn't have the time to dig deep into the items instant cast thing yet but doing it like the other skills will not do. I will probably implement a CD of 1 to 3 turns for the battle items depending on the item (for each item) so the player can't spam it. But the main problem still is that it also happens outside of battle, and to be honest, using an item outside of battle and getting CD is crap. Added this one to the update and gave the battle items 1-3 turns of CD depending on the item so you can't keep spamming them. If you know a solution for the healing items CD after the battle I would love to hear it but so far I can't find it anywhere.

I guess you mean the maneuver skills that Guardians have as the shouts that the Fighter class can use do have a group cooldown of 1 turn, the inspiration skills supporters can use also have a group cooldown. I do want the Guardian class to be able to use more then 1 skill of those at a time. I think I will just increase the CD rather than make it global. Added this one to the update and made it 3 turns CD on each skill so you can't keep spamming them after each turn.

TP Flasks are there and they can be used instantly, guessing you have not used them yet, but they should help the player decide more when to spend TP.

Elements absorb their own damage now in the updated file.

I have put their evasion on negative now although it was on normal, added in the update. Earth's counter is wind so the spear from the merchant should 1 hit them. I do want them to be hard to beat so the players begin evading certain pesky enemies if they don't have a counter in their group.

They are level 10 as the map your on is level 0-10. Still thinking of making 2 more events on that map that kick your ass otherwise it will be just a level 1-5 map and I do like it to be diverse. Guessing I will add a lost skeleton group somewhere that is lvl5-8 and a level 7-9 Lizaru group somewhere.

The stats are pure to balance things out and it made the most sense to me this way, to be honest. The stronger the armor (from leather-metal-full plated iron suits) it should get heavier. Better boots give more agility in that matter then again. The level ups and the items should provide a better balance to the class going into the later phase of the game. Guardians are strongly defended but slow - supporters are fast but not that strong - magicians weak but strong in magic - fighters good balance - berserker good attack and fast but weak. Are my thoughts really that wrong? Cause I don't see it that way atm. might just be me ^^

Of everything you said I would still really like some feedback about the big side quest that you need Korza for hahaha! I would really like some feedback on it if possible ^^ Would also like to hear any strong points of the game so I know what I am doing good and not have to review in my own reflections when I play my game.

Cheers for everything!

For anyone interested:
    -- Updated the main post with the: 'HELP ME CREATE THIS GAME!' section! Check it out and maybe your interested in helping me on this game with the optional side characters!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  8. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't know, as programmer I know this surely could be fixed to some extent, but that needs lots of time a patience debugging and watching code.

I know all Yanfly plugins are exceptionally well programmed, they follow lots of best practices and they use the framework the way it's designed for, but other third party scripts I have watched didn't follow this path. I had to discard a few plugins due to performance/weird results. I could try to fix them but it was not worth the effort.

I would 'disable' (is greyed out and sounds a buzz if you click on it) the 'Items' button after one item use. On character action end the 'Items' button is activated again, so is available again for the next character.

Is your design decission after all. My alarm raises when IE: A character could use All items, all shouts, All TP skills and one combat skill all in one turn, doesn't defy the turn-based combat concept a bit?

Heh, I recall them from the prologue, but didn't got any of those with Ragno IIRC.

Didn't have spare money so I went for one elemental weapon for each. Ragno can 1-hit them if the enemy is weak against, but the other two... The shaman also had bad luck with the base magic and the enemies, but if he got a counter, also is 1-hit.

Ok, I felt the impression they were about level 20, they killed my party in two turns.

Hell, no, maybe I didn't explain well.

Improved doesn't necessarily mean heavier. When I talk about an improved version means the same armor type: IE: A full plate armor, but with an improved design or better materials.

I am seeing something like this at the shop: sorry I don't have the game at hand to make a real exanmple, so I'll make a simplified example:

Medium Armor 1: 15 DEF, 0 AGI
    Medium Armor 2: 20 DEF, -5 AGI
    Medium Armor 3: 25 DEF, -10 AGI
    Plate Armor 1: 30 DEF, -15 AGI
    Plate Armor 2: 35 DEF, -20 AGI
    Plate Armor 3: 40 DEF, -25 AGI

So my shopping strategy would be: everyone Medium Armor 1, the Guardian Plate Armor 3. I value AGI just as much as defense if not more, losing as much agility as the defense you get and on top of that you're paying for it!

IMO Medium armors/Plate Armors should have a similar weight, while it could be increased constantly, should be of much less impact compared to the defense gains.

Agh!! I got to the elders but the game told me there that was the end of the content, I had the impression his quest is directly tied to the main quest progression, I didn't know you could progress it further! Korza is the dark shaman right?? I'm a bit confused! :p

I don't have the RPG Maker experience to give you a solid benchmark, but I could try!

9. Freank

Freank Veteran Veteran

Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    the "row formation" feature is very nice!

10. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    @Ninakoru

- The elders should have said that you can pass through the cave behind them into the inner section of the mountain. There Korza's side quest will start. Wasn't this clear enough? At least Korza will leave if you don't finish his side quest so that's ok ^^. But if the pointer towards where to go isn't clear for him it might be a problem for the player. Please let me know!

- Hahaha, wuuuut! Didn't you notice you got Boru after you talked to the elders? He kinda said to wait for you outside till you were done talking to the elders. Maybe I need to make it more obvious then?

- I will look into the armor def/agi thing to get it more balanced (I haven't had a 3rd look at it yet) but it's hard (the balancing) because so far the 'late game phase' is working out very well the way it is set up with the loss of AGI, it really pops the difference between the classes.

- I do indeed use 3rd party plugins because some things just haven't been made by yanfly (yet? :p). So I myself can't do too much about how it is handled shamefully and I don't want to put money into this part of the game as I want it to be free for players.

- I think one of the merchants sells the TP flask somewhere.

- I don't really want to grey out the item option for the player after 1 use. I rather have a linked CD on it but the problem is that no programmer has made a way to get the CD off outside of battle yet. I think I will let the game be 'noob' friendly than.:mrsatan:

@Freank Thank you man, it is really nice to hear a compliment like that! If you would have any feedback/criticism for me I would greatly appreciate it.

For anyone interested:
    -- Updated the main post with the: 'HELP ME CREATE THIS GAME!' section! Check it out and maybe your interested in helping me on this game with the optional side characters!

11. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No, it was clear, also I had Korza in my team and he mentioned something about it during the Elder scene. But after the elder speech I got the advert about the end of the demo, so I considered it was also the end of the side-quest until next update ^^.

Knowing this I'll retake that side quest and give you feedback.

Yeah, I clearly remember him, pasionate about mining. I didn't relate his face/name when I found him on my party, and he didn't left the party when I traveled back to finish the clay side-quest. Is partly my fault.

I don't know where I have to go with him BTW, I found another captain blocking the last cave to explore stating also is out of this version.

Also could be that some pluings doesn't play well together (again, bad programming), I could lend you a hand here if I find some time.. let me know if you are interested (without charge, of course!)

It should be easy to program, anyways. I didn't know the CDs doesn't reset after battle, I didn't have that problem in my game, I also don't have many CDs... I'll check.

Marquise* likes this.
  12. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    I would love that to be honest! But you should know I use over a 100 plugins though xD, but if you're up for that, sure!

Boru is the main storyline quest so yes, his quest is not ready yet and will be in the next version. Korza is the one that is open to playing.

If you have a fix I will be at your feet begging for it. :mrsatan:

----
    Can't wait to hear if you think the Korza side quest is any good ^^.

13. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Update log:

I have finished 2 new maps with some customised tilesets that include 5 optional characters!

I decided that I will do version 1.3c in multiple parts as this is taking up a lot of time to make. I will post an updated version of 1.3c every time I have a substantial amount of new content for the game. I really think that the 2 maps that I made are great and really coop with the storyline.

What the player also can expect in V1.3c are at least 2 mini-games that will let the player have some other type of fun as well.

14. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Update log:

Currently busy creating another 2 new locations which are both partly finished. Also introducing 3 new side characters with 1 mini-game side character. Chance there will be at least 1 more side character there. So currently filling up the world with more interesting places for the player to visit!

This will set me back on the main story but hey, I do this for fun so :D

15. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Update log:

Fixed some issues with the magic skills.
    Finished the 1st map with events, only an extra interior map that has to be done on that map now.
    Finished the mapping of the 2nd map and started eventing it.
    Still, I need to make the mini-game maps and event them before I can release the next update.

I guess I should update the screenshots after this update too because I have made some nice new maps to show now.

Cheers again!

EDIT 16-11-2017:

- Finished the interior map on the 1st map, only need to event it now. I made some cool looking tiles for that map!
    - Finished the 2nd map with events, also some nice looking things in there, this map will mainly serve so that the player can decide if he wants to grind a little and find some nice items here and there + side quest event (+more side quests later in development).

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  16. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi buddy. did you release any new version? I'm a bit confused with the updates.

I'll surely retake the game this weekend, I still have to do the Korza side quest!!

17. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Ey @Ninakoru, no it's just an update log (the posts above). The new version will take another week or 2 because the mini-game will take up some time to create and set up right. But the content (although not main story) is pretty nice. I edited a lot of things in there to make it look the way it looks so expect some nice things to explore! The optional characters you can get are really neat too though you can't get most of them till you get to the part that you can build your own base (which is still a long way).

18. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry for the late feedback, I got my hands full finishing my battle formations plugin.

Did all the Korza quest, in general, I liked the atmosphere, the mini-puzzle was great. And the story is quite good and very well executed. The only bad is that I found a bit repetitive all the normal monster battles.

Some bugs:

- You have the same problem I had with animation positioning when is cast on enemies I'll give you the code I made to fix that. Is a minor fanfly bug with side view battles.

- Bug when I moved Kael from 3rd row to first one :( (undefined is not a function). I lost 20 min of game... I should have saved more often. Again when I did a battle skill on self with kael. Happened me only twice but... Breaks the game. The second one didn't harm me bicause I saved more often.

- Got blocked in the event of Korza's sis once, I guess is a 'movement route' that got blocked and must be finished. Korza didn't position correctly for the event and was way left, trapped behind the wall on the left side of the corridor to his sis.

- Minor text bug: Korza: "I'm here to help the world from changing".

Now some constructive feedback, note I'm being a bit picky and I sometimes mix personal preference :p

- When I got Korza again (he left when i went out the town), I got all the sidequest intro rolling. You should think about this situations and make shorter versions (removing part of the dialogue/scene using a contidional and an auto-switch works wonders) when you repeat events.

- You should consider making less but more interesting battles, mixing some enemy groups, and making enemy troops bigger: as they are mostly 2-3 member enemy troops.

- Mitaku has both battle skills I got on shared 3CD. Maybe is a bug if you want to be able to cast all battle skills seamlessly.

- All people has a hard time earning TP except Kael that gets +20TP using all his battle skills on first turn.

- "Weak" message on hits appear all the time, is a bit confusing, perhaps you should limit when it appear to about 140-150% damage due to elemental weakness?

- Maybe too many items when I got the fallen key and opened all the chests? I mean, I get more than 3x the gold earned in the entire quest if I sell all of those, and I am brutally restocked on consumables for a good while. On the other hand I miss some special weapon/armor in the coffers.

- You should think about giving a different name on party/single ally consumables, I got confused and was thinking I got two versions of the same consumable with brews of life. Also i think party version of items should be a bit weaker compared to same tier single target, in exchange of the "all allies/all enemies" effect.

- You should let respawn on screen exit/enter some of the monsters in general, so people has the freedom to level up party members, specially when your party exceed the max battle members.

I'll be waiting for more! Keep up the good work!

19. Dutch Power Creations

First Language:
    Dutch
    Its not picky at all! Thnx for the feedback again. I will start inplementing it tomorrow for sure!

Will look into the 'weak' message and if I can alter that in the plugin tomorrow.

Diversity is key in battles so I will mass up some new troops compositions to make it more interesting.

Mikatu's (supports) battle skills indeed have a shared cd. It was to powerfull that a support can spam her buffs. 2 cd might also do the trick but thats fune tuning. What do you think?

Tp is intended too as guardians have only defensive tp skills that can be cast instantly. Should I de-buff the guardian tp a little?

The undefined thing is a plugin cluster **** problem... I am clueless where and how to fix that sorry. I might put in an extra save here and there after certain parts.

Party and single items will be made more clear.

I am thinking to create more areas and some of those will have respawneble enemies in them. For each 5 levels an area. But first I want to put more world content out. Though I have 1 area ready in the next version but monsters don't respawn YET. I need to set that uo better first.

Thnx a million again man. I really apriciate what you're doing.

20. Ninakoru

Ninakoru Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I